• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Wives who aren’t subservient to husbands are preaching ‘false gospel, . . .’

Straw Dog

My experience is different, women are just as good as leading.

Yeah, I suspect that many women just haven't been given the chance to be leaders.

As far as managers are concerned, I have been more satisfied with women in my experience. However, it's possible that I just prefer women in authority due to conditioning. I can't even really say that I've been lead by other men very much. Regardless of authority, I think I just tend to question or ignore it. I'm not really proud of this and it can become dysfunctional, but I am what I am. :D

Me Myself

Back to my username
In my experience, women tend to make better managers and men seem to make better leaders. This is by no means clearly cut, but it does seems to be the case more often than not within my discrimination.

Am I still just being sexist? Or is this more a product of expected gender roles? Are there more actual differences between genders than just biology? I don't precisely know.

Maybe there is a tendency for that.

Sees

Dragonslayer
I would like to hear philosophical reasons why people believe a certain sex should be subservient to the other. We all know back in the old days "might makes right", but in modern times (and ancient for some cultures) there has to be better reasoning. Convenience and tradition shouldn't provide all answers.