• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Women = empowerment, men = sexist?

Me Myself

Back to my username
Well that's sick.Kind of like laughing your head off when someone falls down and gets hurt.In general maybe "people" are becoming more callous.I hope not.

I laugh my head off when someone falls and gets hurt if it is my friend and I see its not grave :D

Then again, I am a terrible person.

:eek:

Seriously though. I would cathegorize an abusive relationship to be way graver than an accident of equivalent immidiate physical pain.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
I laugh my head off when someone falls and gets hurt if it is my friend and I see its not grave :D

Then again, I am a terrible person.

:eek:

Seriously though. I would cathegorize an abusive relationship to be way graver than an accident of equivalent immidiate physical pain.

I guess I'm different..I would never laugh my head off if my friend falls down and gets hurt.Unless they were laughing first.Laughter is contagious.

Me Myself

Back to my username
I guess I'm different..I would never laugh my head off if my friend falls down and gets hurt.Unless they were laughing first.Laughter is contagious.

On the serious account of the message, abusive reltionships have injuries way deeper than the physical bruises. I felt it was important to emphasize that.

A man can also feel helpless towards a woman, specially if he was taught "never to hit a woman no matter what"

HiddenDjinn

It's My Birthday!
On the serious account of the message, abusive reltionships have injuries way deeper than the physical bruises. I felt it was important to emphasize that.

A man can also feel helpless towards a woman, specially if he was taught "never to hit a woman no matter what"
Oh, there's definitely a double standard when it comes to a man being physically abused. If he doesn't strike back, he's either a "chump" or "deserved it". If he does strike back, he's going to jail.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..

Well that's a given.In all abusive relationships..rarely is it "I knock you around some" but I'm a perfect emotional companion.(otherwise)

Its very rare ..that you get along perfectly (no mental or emotional manipulation or abuse) and then just in a fight one person halls of and and punches you.

I will however say and call me biased.That in any case you are clearly physically less able to defend your life physically..the level of "menace" and "terror " involved from that can be different depending on that factor.

HiddenDjinn

It's My Birthday!
Well that's a given.In all abusive relationships..rarely is it "I knock you around some" but I'm a perfect emotional companion.(otherwise)

Its very rare ..that you get along perfectly (no mental or emotional manipulation or abuse) and then just in a fight one person halls of and and punches you.

I will however say and call me biased.That in any case you are clearly physically less able to defend your life physically..the level of "menace" and "terror " involved from that can be different depending on that factor.
Actual domestic violence calls in NYC seem to indicate that the female is the aggressor more often than the male. Also, most domestic violence hospitalizations occur when a female attacks the male with a weapon, sometimes as the man is otherwise incapacitated. BTW, most domestic violence/disturbance calls aren't called in by either party participating in the disturbance/incident but by neighbors.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I can't stand feminist, they are like a rash, worse like a disease
To be fair, many feminists are wonderful & fair people.
You'll meet some great ones here in this forum.
But the overly angry ones often capture undue attention.

dust1n

Zindīq
So what are you trying to imply, that this phenomenon doesn't exist?

To the extent you were suggesting? Not at all. I've failed to see a case where a woman raping someone was declared empowered.

If some act, song, video, movie, book, or whatever is sexist, why is it empowering if it is being done by a woman and offensive if it's being done by a man? All things being equal but gender, this is usually the case.

I don't really want to use specific examples because I don't want this to be about a semantics argument about a specific example and whether or not it qualilfies and what not, but this concept isn't new. If you watch "What Would You Do" there is a video where a woman puts drugs in her dates drink and no one does anything and some even laugh about it like "he is going to get lucky" but really, he's about to get raped.