• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worldly problems in Interpreting the 'One.'

drsatish

Worldly problems in Interpreting the 'One.'

I am now convinced on a 'deep' level that there is Only One thing in existence...and only one thing out there...and only one thing in here, as a matter of Fact; though on a 'Superficial, everyday functinal level, there are More than One things...even millions of things....like the 'mosquito' I squashed just now, of which I was made aware of, through a particular sensory signal reaching my 'awareness' and I had sqaushed it 'reflexly'....!

Ah! So, it is the 'Sensation' that starts it All...!

I believe, we as humans, are endowed with 'extremely limited' number of 'sensory input devices' scattered here and there across the Entire Spectrum of What can be Sensed.....and with this chopped up, narrow bandwidth conncted to a 'correlating' organ - we come to unassailable 'conclusions.'

Imagine a creature, crawling on a far away planet, with 2 bulbous structures emanating from either side of its back and another at the end of its tail - receiving 'inputs' from the environment - we have no idea of 'what' types of signlas they are capable of receiving....

....& this creature is attempting to 'Reconstruct' the Entire Spectrum of what is Out There!

..and hence the 'noise' in the 'reconstructed signal'.

In a way, we are ALL BORN CRIPPLED...!

In a way, even One Sensory Input.....may give....'Some' Idea of the Entire Spectrum...!

The Never-Ending (or sometimes Ending)
Perceptual-Correlative Battle
Within the Entire Spectrum
...goes on...and on....and....on.

Satish

A

angellous_evangellous

Don't pee into the wind
Don't pull on Superman's cape
You don't pull the mask of the ol' Lone Ranger
And you don't mess around with Jim

(Jim Croce)