• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worshipping Jesus as a deity?

agorman

Premium Member
The appearance of Jesus that we know today seems to have been copied from a Merovingian king, so it also depends on whom do you think the one you have in the altar represents.

There's also the danger of ending up worshipping an egregor formed by thousands of followers throughout 2000 years instead of the real god that we now call Jesus. I don't believe in this much, but it's a possibility.

This would depend on your perspective.

From a Pagan perspective, nothing wrong with what you're saying. I've read some Romans included Jesus in their personal pantheon. There was enough contact between cultures in the Mediterranean for this to be possible. I've known of present-day pagans who do this as well.

From a Christian perspective, you might run into some problems so I would be careful when mentioning it around Christians.