• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Would it help the left to start quoting the book of Amos ?

whirlingmerc

https://www.slideshare.net/MichaelScaman/amos-a-lion-has-roared-88212033[URL="https://www.slideshare.net/MichaelScaman/amos-a-lion-has-roared-88212033"]Amos a lion has roared[/URL]Amos has lots of issues of justice, human trafficking, opulence of soem in the face of poverty, the rich and powerful stepping on the poor..... winter houses, summer houses, but step all over the poor... and pointing forward to hope

"Let Justice roll like water and righteousness like a mighty stream" Martin Luther King quoting the book of Amos

And Obama had his famous book on 'the audacity of hope' quoting a famous church sermon of Reverend Wright

Amos a lion has roared

Screen Shot 2018-02-17 at 10.30.38 AM.png

Last edited:

Rival

Diex Aie
Staff member
Premium Member
Probably not.

It's pretty much a Right-Wing copyrighted thing, scripture quoting.

Last edited:

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Put in context, the entire Bible is pretty much a "leftist" thingy with it's emphasis on love, compassion, and justice for all, whereas the "rightist" thingy tends to emphasize materialism, wealth, power, self-centeredness, and being able to grope women. ;)

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Leaving a sizable minority who are?

Dont practically all people on the left running for office claim to be Christian?
People on the right running for office also claim to be Christian.

Actions shout from mountaintops while words are worth what we pay to hear them.

tytlyf

Not Religious
Leaving a sizable minority who are?

Dont practically all people on the left running for office claim to be Christian?
Yes, most people on the left claim to be christian because the majority of people in the democratic party are christian. They just don't legislate biblical law like republicans do. A lot of people vote for republicans with the hopes of introducing biblical law.

Democrats understand our nation is a secular country governed by a secular constitution. Trying to push religious law and wearing it on your sleeve is a no-no and un-American.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
And? Obama didn't pursue religious law. But republicans do. Do you see the difference yet?
Well, really Obama did pursue religious law.
"Care for the sick" rather resembles O'Romney Care more than TrumpCare does.
"What you do for the Least, you do for Me", sounds a lot more like Obama than Trump.

Obama just didn't call it religious law. Real Christians know it when they see it.
Tom

whirlingmerc

People on the right running for office also claim to be Christian.

Actions shout from mountaintops while words are worth what we pay to hear them.

Jesus took heat form both the right wing Pharisee and left ing Sadducee.

I believe Hillary initially claimed to be a moral conservative
then again.... politicians will often say what they think people want to hear

Kuzcotopia

If you can read this, you are as lucky as I am.
Jesus took heat form both the right wing Pharisee and left ing Sadducee.

I believe Hillary initially claimed to be a moral conservative
then again.... politicians will often say what they think people want to hear

Hillary ran on the Democratic platform. It never made her a liberal.

As for your thread topic, I believe conservatives might have more lessons to learn from the Bible than liberals do regarding not our collection be responsibility to the impoverished . . . Unless your understanding of what a liberal is differs from mine.

whirlingmerc

Well, really Obama did pursue religious law.
"Care for the sick" rather resembles O'Romney Care more than TrumpCare does.
"What you do for the Least, you do for Me", sounds a lot more like Obama than Trump.

Obama just didn't call it religious law. Real Christians know it when they see it.
Tom

MLK said 'was not Amos an activist' in the letter to a Birmingham jail.
What made the difference between then and now?