• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Would you hook up with someone...

Slapstick

that has a boyfriend or girlfriend? This is a serious question so I hope no one does not take it seriously.

Last edited:

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
For sexual intercourse, sure. But for love, I doubt it, it's hard to tell who this person actually loves more.

Slapstick

For sexual intercourse, sure. But for love, I doubt it, it's hard to tell who this person actually loves more.
I believe you have made a great point. But what if he or she reveals information that inclines they are not actually interested in the person they are currently dating?

The Sum of Awe

I believe you have made a great point. But what if he or she reveals information that inclines they are not actually interested in the person they are currently dating?

The fact that this person would tell the same thing to the other person if asked makes it difficult to fully believe it. Though, if I were to, hypothetically let's say, actually know she were more in love with me, then I would. But I'd be curious as to why they are still dating the other partner.

Aquitaine

Absolutely not. Unless the boyfriend/girlfriend was abusive and thus wasn't really worthy of being perceived as a real partner for the individual in-question.

Slapstick

The fact that this person would tell the same thing to the other person if asked makes it difficult to fully believe it. Though, if I were to, hypothetically let's say, actually know she were more in love with me, then I would. But I'd be curious as to why they are still dating the other partner.
That is the same hypothetical question I am asking / wondering.
I will not go into full details, but lets say this "person" is physically attracted to you and loves everything about you. Would you say no?

The Sum of Awe

That is the same hypothetical question I am asking / wondering.
I will not go into full details, but lets say this "person" is physically attracted to you and loves everything about you. Would you say no?

Most likely.

Slapstick

Is hook up a term for a sexual relationship or just a one night stand? I'm old school...
I am too, but lets say a hook up means more than a one night stand.
As in it could possibly lead to much more than a one night stand. If doesn't would you hook up with this person anyways just to find out what its all about?

Slapstick

Is dating a informal type of relationship or a formal one?

How can anyone decide when dating goes from informal to being formal?

psychoslice

Veteran Member
What if it is for "love" and not "lust". Did you hook up with someone for love or lust?

As long as there is someone else in the relationship, I'm staying away........I actually didn't get shot for playing around with someone, I was shot along a highway, but knowing what its like to be shot, makes me want to steer clear lol.:run:

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If someone is dating someone else on vague terms, or is not entirely interested in them and are still dating anyway, i'll more likely be inclined away from such a possible mess. In this regard, i'd prefer for things to be clear. I don't like ambiguity and wasting my time on false expectations. Neither do i like causing others harm, especially unnecessarily.

If the girl is no longer interested in the guy she's dating, or is becoming more interested in me, she should end it. I'll wait for that. Happily wait for that. If she maintains the relationship despite her attraction to somebody else, then i'll keep my distance, as it's most likely a recipe for a lot of hurt feelings, and she would most likely end up being someone i'll not grow too keen of. Of course, all this is in theory.

I always believed and still believe that in the heat of the moment, my rules could come down crashing on my head. If i'm really attracted to a girl, and i perceive the mess i'm talking about above, i'll try to do what i think is right. But, for example, if she tries to seduce me and the situation allows for it, who knows what i'll do. Having never been in that situation, i don't know.

I hope i'll stick with what i think is right for my, hers, and the other guys sake. Now, all that said, personally, i'm actually slowly, but steadily becoming open to the idea of being in an open relationship, and don't particularly hold the views i expressed out of appreciation for the standard set up. I'm more likely to have flexibility in my own terms, it's just that i think it's safe to assume your question is talking about the normal kind of relationship, the kind that the vast majority of people engage in. With that, comes certain kinds of expectations, at least in my understanding of it.

Slapstick

Thanks everyone. I have never been in a serious relationship before which is why I’m asking.

So even if this person came to me first and I never had any intentions to get involved with her in the first place, should I still ask what her current relationship is like, because she has already told me a little about it and it doesn’t seem all that great. As if her bf doesn’t really pay her much attention or have much time for her. I mean, should I actually ask her about her current “relationship” and what she thinks about it?