• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

would you kill?

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Very few people are not capable of killing in the proper circunstances.

For most, those circunstances would involve severe disturbance due to fear for one's loved ones (the self-evident example is a mother fearing for the safety of her children), self-preservation, hunger or other form of chemical imbalance. It may happen under drug influence and mystical trance as well.

Oh, and then there is war, whose main role in the present days is to banalize and enable killing.

Robert.Evans

You will be assimilated; it is His Will.
. what would it take, if anything, for you to kill? bearing in mind for all you religious folk it goes against your beliefs....but there must be something that would tip you over the edge, surely
self defense?
rape?
child protection?
anger?
etc?
or do you think there are never any reasons to take anothers life?
know this is a bit on the dark side, but am interested
Hello New Member from England, like me, but not seen since Dec15th apparently. You hibernating? haha.

In answer to your question: You are not supposed to kill. That is it. (I assume you mean humans, though it is the same for the animal kingdom as much as possible, which means do not eat meat)

Levite

Higher and Higher
. what would it take, if anything, for you to kill? bearing in mind for all you religious folk it goes against your beliefs....but there must be something that would tip you over the edge, surely
self defense?
rape?
child protection?
anger?
etc?

Technically, my religion does not forbid killing, it forbids murder, which is an important distinction.

I would kill for self-defense, for defense of another, to protect my country or my people from wrongdoers, to prevent crimes of violence from taking place. I hope I would not kill for vengeance, but one can't always anticipate one's reactions to extreme circumstances.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
1. A kill or be killed situation.
2. If my family and/or those close to me would be killed.
3. If innocent lives would be killed and I have no other choice to prevent it.

Yep, I agree with this.

And I was trained by the police department - to shoot to kill. A wounded bad-guy can be even more dangerous, especially if he has a weapon

Midnight Rain

self defense?
rape?
child protection?
anger?
etc?
Any situation that would require it i suppose.

SahmKohm

self defense?
rape?
child protection?
anger?
etc?

threaten my wife and kids and you wont survive to complete the sentence. If you have harmed them then dig a deep hole and bury yourself, It will be preferable to what I will do to you.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I probably might kill in a reactive mortal situation like self defence. Certainly wouldn't be from a voluntary standpoint.

Killing actually bothers me even though I know it has to be done sometimes.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
If my life was threatened I would kill to protect my life, if a snake was trying to bit me I would kill the snake, that's what life is, be killed or kill.