• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yet more reason to despise people of violence

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
In the last week people who regard violence as a legitimate means of achieving their goals have been planting bombs around busy shopping areas

Video: Fire bomb attack on Belfast city centre shop in Corn Market - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk

I despise the mindset that regards violence as legitimate, I really do.

I'm glad you despise violence but you act like it is something new and different.

You do realize that stuff like this happens daily in the world. I would bet there is not one day in the year when mulitple people use deadly violence to try and achieve their goals.

Instead of pointing to certain events work to cure the problem.

rusra02

Premium Member

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
While it may perhaps be necessary to use military force sometimes, it is still by definition a destructive failure to do so. It is no substitute for avoiding the violent situation in the first place.

Most important of all, we can't ever allow ourselves to think of strength of arms as a "solution" for anything. That is just poor thinking and a lack of desire to achieve actual peace and safety.

I'm certain that is what sandandfoam means, too.

sandandfoam

Veteran Member
I think it is interesting that even abject failures who plant city centre bombs designed to kill and maim indiscriminately are even remotely defensible.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I find it... odd that we are being told to despise people of violence when that kind of passionate hatred and judgmental attitude is the very root of such acts in the first place.

sandandfoam

Veteran Member
I find it... odd that we are being told to despise people of violence when that kind of passionate hatred and judgmental attitude is the very root of such acts in the first place.

I find it odd that anyone would consider people who would murder families out for a Xmas shop deserving of anything other than contemptible and repugnant.