• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yoke

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
cross-1379268461Hdj.jpg
Is the christian cross actually a symbol of love? where two become one, or a union of two or more?

Yoke and Cross

Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”

Matthew 18:20
For where two or three are gathered together in my name, I am there in the midst of them.”

Last edited:

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
According to Joseph Campbell, a more common symbolism of the Christian cross has historically been to say that the post beam represents heaven, while the crossbeam represents the earth. Or vice versa -- It might be the other way around. Taken together, they represent heaven (God) intervening on earth to save humanity.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
According to Joseph Campbell, a more common symbolism of the Christian cross has historically been to say that the post beam represents heaven, while the crossbeam represents the earth. Or vice versa -- It might be the other way around. Taken together, they represent heaven (God) intervening on earth to save humanity.

so god so loved the world that they incorporate?

Revelation 21:3
And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God.

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
cross actually a symbol of
The cross is an ancient symbol of east to west, future and past...

Where we're in the present; we can see a lot of our past, and a bit of our future...

The Egyptians believed time loops at the end, so they had the Ankh.

In Ancient Hebrew it is questioned that the letter T was the symbol of a cross, which meant a monument or statement to God.

In my opinion. :innocent:

HonestJoe

I suspect it’s partly a symbol of “this is easy to carve on the wall”. Christianity probably developed because the proto-Circlians gave up in frustration at failing to carve a perfect curve. :D

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Is the christian cross actually a symbol of love? where two become one, or a union of two or more?

Yoke and Cross

Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”

For where two or three are gathered together in my name, I am there in the midst of them.”

1. I don't think so. Nobody loves the sword with which one's dear one have been killed.
  2. A relevant question is : Did Jesus say to love Cross?
I don't think he ever said that. If yes, please quote from Jesus.

3. " The tau form of the cross had been used as a pagan Egyptian symbol and then adopted by "Christians," called Copts, in Egypt."
The Cross: Christian Banner or Pagan Relic?

4. Earlier Christian used the symbol of fish for Christianity:​

The symbol was adopted by early Christians as a secret symbol. It is now known colloquially as the "sign of the fish" or the "Jesus fish".
Ichthys - Wikipedia

Others are welcome to differ with me with reasons and arguments if any, please.
Regards

Last edited:

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
cross-1379268461Hdj.jpg

Yoke and Cross

You can create symbolism from about any shape. And there is really not anything wrong with that. I believe the cross symbol is an ancient Roman crucifixion device adopted by Christians to remember Jesus' great sacrifice.