• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Young-Earth Creationists vs. ["]Paranormal["] Events

eccentricjdo

Eclectic Intelectual
After pondering, from a biblical perspective, the theological ramifications of the existence of space aliens, Sasquatches, etc., I came up with answers to YECs' utterly narrow-minded refusal to even accept the fact that such things are possible.

Last edited:

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Do all YECs deny the possibility of these things? I can't recall ever hearing one state an opinion on these issues.

A

angellous_evangellous

Do all YECs deny the possibility of these things? I can't recall ever hearing one state an opinion on these issues.

I'm still pondering what kind of ape Bigfoot is. :biglaugh:

Aliens related to humans?

Seems like something broke and stuff is just falling off.:eek:

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
After pondering, from a biblical perspective, the theological ramifications of the existence of space aliens, Sasquatches, etc., I came up with answers to YECs' utterly narrow-minded refusal to even accept the fact that such things are possible.
( YUK v YEC : Round 1 )

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
I actually think that the Grays might be related to us, and I tell you that I didn't come up with that conclusion based on Biblical evidence, but on simple known-physics. Matter cannot accelerate to the speed of light.

Granted, I'm not as a rock on this one; I'm more than open to the possibility that Grays are aliens, and I DO believe life exists on other planets, pretty much without doubt.

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
I actually think that the Grays might be related to us, and I tell you that I didn't come up with that conclusion based on Biblical evidence, but on simple known-physics. Matter cannot accelerate to the speed of light.

Maybe they worked out how to switch to an energy form, and the slow back down at their destination as mater ;)

Or they sat on the improbability drive button and just appeared here!!
thumb-46bab9a4ea53f-Hitchhiker%27s+Guide+to+the+Galaxy,+The+%282005%29.jpeg

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
Maybe they worked out how to switch to an energy form, and the slow back down at their destination as mater ;)

Or they sat on the improbability drive button and just appeared here!!
thumb-46bab9a4ea53f-Hitchhiker%27s+Guide+to+the+Galaxy,+The+%282005%29.jpeg

It is certainly possible that they have figured out how to travel without actually "moving." If that turned out to be the case, I honestly wouldn't be surprised.

Thing is, the only thing about the Grays that anyone really knows is that they exist, and even that is under debate, and as much as I want to, I can't with good reason state conclusively that they exist at all. I know aliens exist. Are they the Grays? I don't know.

Halcyon

Lord of the Badgers
We can't successfully interbreed with chimpanzees, creatures that share 99% of our genes.
If we can't breed with another closely-related species from the same planet as ourselves, whose genetic code and cell chemistry are practically identical to our own, I can't imagine how it could be possible to successfully inter-breed with a creature from another planet.

There would be a greater possibility for a human to successfully reproduce with a daffodil than an extra-terrestrial.