• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your honest one-word answer

Chisti

Which particular word comes to your mind when you think of the following religions?

Christianity
Islam
Judaism
Hinduism
Buddhism

Just one word - an adjective, perhaps - not a lengthy explanation as to why you feel this or that.

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Christianity - Jesus
Islam - Middle East
Judaism - Bar Mitzvah (because that was my very first experience with a Jewish family)
Hinduism - meditation
Buddhism - tolerance

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Which particular word comes to your mind when you think of the following religions?

Christianity - loopy
Islam- dangerous
Judaism -self-obsessed
Hinduism - complicated
Buddhism - peaceful

Now, please.....don't nobody read nuthin into these answers.
They's just the 1st words what dun come to mind.

Levite

Higher and Higher
Christianity - Trinity

Islam - Sharia

Judaism - Torah

Hinduism - Karma

Buddhism - Ascetic

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member

Christianity
Islam
Judaism
Hinduism
Buddhism

Just one word - an adjective, perhaps - not a lengthy explanation as to why you feel this or that.

Only one word comes to mind

Old

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Christianity - Community
Islam - Ornate
Judaism - Ancient
Hinduism - Peaceful
Buddhism - Eastern

I didn't put much thought into these - went with my gut reaction.

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member

Christianity : Corruption
Islam : Misunderstood
Judaism : Open-minded
Hinduism : Interesting
Buddhism : Paradoxical

Infinitum

Possessed Bookworm
Christianity - Bible
Islam - Illuminations
Judaism - Intellect
Hinduism - Gods
Buddhism - Meditation

dawny0826

Mother Heathen

Christianity
Islam
Judaism
Hinduism
Buddhism

Christianity: Thorns
Islam: Sand
Judaism: Gold
Hinduism: Flowers
Buddhism: Water

These are the first images that came to mind. Don't judge. :)

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.

Christianity
Islam
Judaism
Hinduism
Buddhism

Christianity - Cross
Islam - The Afghanistan/Iraq area
Judaism - Yahweh
Hinduism - Krishna
Buddhism - Terror

gnomon

Christianity
Islam
Judaism
Hinduism
Buddhism

Umbrella.

InformedIgnorance

Do you 'know' or believe?
Christianity - Hypocrisy (I assume this occurred to me because I am quite familiar with much of the doctrine and scripture, which I find to be not in keeping with the actions of many who label themselves such)

Islam - Erratic/Polymorphic (I assume that this occurred to me because of the radically different interpretations and the dramatic and violent impact of some of those interpretations... it wasn't the word but the concept that occurred to me, so it is a blend of the two terms)

Judaism - Punishment (I assume that this occurred to me largely because of my initial impressions Jewish perception of their god (from high school) as being a god of punishment, who punishes adherents as well as non believers, that great episodes of suffering were seen as being the result of the failures of the people)

Hinduism - Vague (I assume that this occurred to me because I do not know as much as I would like about Hinduism, I do however note that it incorporates a range of beliefs and philosophies, even to the extent of at times being unclear if it is monotheistic, polytheistic or a range of other positions)

Buddhism - Transcendent (I assume that this occurred to me because it is a religion largely about attempting to transcend one's state - and I suppose the states of others)

Last edited: