• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your Most Ridiculous Love Affair?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Yeah. But I don't think he wanted to EXPLOIT me.

It certainly does not sound like he did. You two are friends. I think, for what it's worth, that it was just an act of friendship and should be cherished as such, rather than second-guessed and/or taken in bad faith.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Guys, just so you know, I'm 14. His name is Jeff and he and I are friends. He kissed me. I meant to say it was just a peck on the lips. But he's the oldest guy I've kissed. You guys freak out too easily. o_O When Jeff talks to me, he doesn't talk about that kiss, he only talks about our cats. It was a friendly kiss, nothing more.
Kathryn, it was just a kiss.:)

In your country the laws are pretty tough on teen age boys that fall for young girls of your age. They can easily be led on and end in serious trouble. so enjoy yourself but take care of yourself and them. Boys do not kiss girls they do not fancy, friend or not.
We live in strange times and people jump to conclusions.

personaly I see nothing wrong with sensible girls of 14, meeting older boys in company.
many life long future partnerships have met at that age. But it is not an age to be serious. ( my wife was 19 and I was 25 when we met) a 14 to 18 age gap is nothing at all later on .

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
In your country the laws are pretty tough on teen age boys that fall for young girls of your age. They can easily be led on and end in serious trouble.

So true.

personaly I see nothing wrong with sensible girls of 14, meeting older boys in company.
many life long future partnerships have met at that age. But it is not an age to be serious. ( my wife was 19 and I was 25 when we met) a 14 to 18 age gap is nothing at all later on .

My first wife married a man 20 years her senior after our divorce. Even I admit she blossumed with that match. That is, she became quite a happy woman. She was in her thirties at the time of their marriage.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I tried dating older men after I got divorced at age 42, but man alive - I just couldn't get into it. It wasn't that I didn't LIKE some of them - it was just that I could see the writing on the wall. When I was in my fifties I'd be taking care of some old man and his health issues, and then when he died, I'd be in my sixties and just about elderly myself.

Then I tried dating guys in their thirties. Wow, that was a TRIP. For one thing, a lot changed in that ten year stretch between baby boomers and Generation X. For instance, I got married young and actually had a grandchild I by the time I was 43. The guys in their thirties who I dated usually hadn't even been MARRIED yet - and didn't even have KIDS. Wow - that's a huge difference right there, even though they swore it didn't make any difference to them.

But I couldn't see any future in those relationships, and wasn't interested in playing the cougar role. I mean, these guys needed to get married and have kids - I was afraid they would regret not having kids of their own if we ended up getting married, and I wanted to get married, I didn't want to just have casual relationships.

I ended up marrying a great guy who is five years older than me and who has one son who was 12 when we got married (he's now in college). This has worked out GREAT age wise and we are get along fantastically. We literally never argue and laugh and cut up all the time together. We feel like kids together! I am glad I married someone close to my age.

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
Speaking of bosses and older men.. there was this time I approached Quagmire's home in order to break rule 8 and..well...let's just say it ended with a slap.

BeckyRose1998

PICKLES THE KID
Another ridiculous love affair:

When I was in 5th grade, I knew a kid in 3rd named Van Brown. He liked me. We were at our friend's 11th birthday party at Boomers and while playing mini golf, he kissed my cheek awkwardly. I was fine with it, but in 5th grade, I was the tallest girl in my class so I was like a foot taller than him. He asked me out on our way out of Boomers. I said yes, only because I didn't want to hurt his feelings. After Boomers, me, him and our friend, Dezaray, went back to Van's house and Van kissed my cheek more comfortably.
Ridiculous because he was in 3rd grade.. o_O

Renji

Well the ridiculous thing is I don't have any girlfriend back when I was younger. Some girls would go and tell "I have a crush on you", but when I try asking one on a date, they would refuse. That, or whenever I have a date and ask the girl, "Can you be my gf?", they usually say "You're nice. I like you but I just think of you as my younger brother" also "Can we just be friends?" Lame! :D

And yeah, Se Jin is my current gf (the first one.haha, and actually, my "soon to be" wife). As you all know, we're friends when we're young (our moms are friends too since highschool. :p). I always "bully" her. It's not "ridiculous", but for some "weird" reason, I fall for her. Whatever that reason is (I don't know it myself) I don't care anymore. All I know is that I'm happy and I like it.

Last edited:

Renji

Oh yeah, I can remember having a gay "stalker" (a schoolmate who's older than me) before who would follow me even in the male's comfort room. I reported him on the discipline's office eventually. I don't have problems with people like him but, he has already crossed the limits.

Kathryn

This thread reminds me of a note I found in my daughter's room once when she was about eleven. This poor boy had written his heart out: "I love your eyes, your smile, everything about you. You are the prettiest girl in the school and I would like to know this - will you be my girlfriend? Check yes or no." And he had drawn little squares beside each answer.

She had checked "No."

Kathryn

Once when I was in the sixth grade, and we had Valentine's exchange day and everyone had given everyone else all those little cheap cards, I found a HUGE card on my desk. It was from the class's resident "hippie" - the only boy with long hair, who was also really artistic and poetic. I still remember his name and exactly what the card said. It said:

"Wish we were Eskimos, gee what a set up
Six months of night time without any let up."

And he had written, "I love you so much. Please be mine. Scott."

I was absolutely MORTIFIED! But it saved his reputation. Till then, everyone had thought he was gay. Maybe he was - I don't know, I never gave him a chance.

But then, I didn't even kiss anyone till I was in the 8th grade. Of course, the summer before the 8th grade, I grew about five inches and went from little girl to 36-24-36. I thought the Commodores had written a song just for me!

I found out all about girl power after that summer!

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Speaking of bosses and older men.. there was this time I approached Quagmire's home in order to break rule 8 and..well...let's just say it ended with a slap.

And well deserved (and well worth it.) :yes:

BeckyRose1998

PICKLES THE KID
I'm having a ridiculous love affair right now with a boy named Harley. Its obvious he likes me.
I've known him since 4th grade. I've never liked him more than a friend. Four days ago at lunch, I touched his hand and said "Omg! Your hand is soft!" I was being weird lol. But anyway...he took my hand and looked at my ring and said "its a heart ring." and he started rubbing my fingers around my ring. When he let go after a minute or so, I put my hand up to his to see if his hand was bigger. It was. Lol. And I locked my fingers around Harley's hand(like couples do) and he did the same. Then he looked into my eyes, and then our friend, Morgen, looked over and he let go of my hand.
And today, he held my hand and rubbed my fingers again.
He just won't admit he likes me. :O My friends say he's being shy.

HerDotness

Lady Babbleon
My first wife married a man 20 years her senior after our divorce. Even I admit she blossumed with that match. That is, she became quite a happy woman. She was in her thirties at the time of their marriage.

I'm 18 years older than my husband, and we've had a great relationship for going on 16 years.

It's occasionally a bit awkward when I play "remember-when" with my in-laws, because my MIL is only six years older than I am. Hubby finds that amusing and often can play along since he loves Sinatra's music, for example, as much as his parents and I do.

Btw, this thread is a hoot! I truly LOL'd more than once while reading it.

Last edited:

Titanic

Too many to count..... I suppose I could go with the way I lost my virginity but I better not....