• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your Most Ridiculous Love Affair?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I think, now, the most ridiculous love affair I've had endured from my freshman year in high school through my first year at university.

Her name was Janet, and I was attracted to her for, perhaps, four reasons: (1) she looked great, (2) was sexually promiscuous, (3) she was intelligent, and (4) she was a social outcast like me. I knew all the while, though, that I was merely infatuated, rather than in love with her, and that is mostly what makes the "love affair" so ridiculous to me now.

Janet was also twisted. Not sexually twisted, but twisted in how she dealt with people. She didn't even possess interesting twists. Just the boring ones that are so common with manipulative people who play head games.

Wirey

Fartist
One time I got set up on a blind date with a girl who had no legs, and we went allllll theeeeee wayyyyyyy!

Wherenextcolumbus

When I was in my late 30s and early 40s, I hung out at one of this town's most popular coffee shops. It's clientelle included everyone from the mayor to the local homeless people. But it was dominated by kids from the local high school, which was only a block or two away. Because most of the clientelle were kids, those were most of the people I knew. And in those years, about six or so young girls got crushes on me. One as young as 15! I never took them up on their offers, but I am still even to this day surprised at how little the differences in our ages meant to them.

When your that age it's different, when I was 14 I didn't see a problem with someone in there 20's fancying me and I fancying them, then you get older and realise those guys are sick! I remember when I was 15 and did work experience at my ex step dads work place and on my way to the photocopier I had to pass this man who use to stare at me every time and was like "oh wow yeah" outloud I didn't really see a problem with that until I got older.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
A six and a half year long relationship/engagement with a man who ended up physically and emotionally abusing me, and I put up with it due to my extremely low self-esteem. Stuuuuupid!

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
We were like Pandas that had never seen sex before. We stayed in the same room and nothing happened, yet we were both terribly disappointed about it.

Wirey

Fartist
We were like Pandas that had never seen sex before. We stayed in the same room and nothing happened, yet we were both terribly disappointed about it.

My wedding night, folks. It didn't help that we had only known each other for two hours and she was 7 months pregnant.

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Wirey said:
My wedding night, folks. It didn't help that we had only known each other for two hours and she was 7 months pregnant.
Then you understand! Its like we're best buds now.

StarryNightshade

Spiritually confused Jew
Premium Member
I've only been with one person and I would never cheat on him...however, there are some fictional characters who do creep into my mind if that counts. :p

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
My most ridiculous love affair is with myself. Even though I treat myself like crap and abuse myself, I just can't stop being infatuated with me. I'm just so friggin' sexy.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
My most ridiculous love affair is with myself. Even though I treat myself like crap and abuse myself, I just can't stop being infatuated with me. I'm just so friggin' sexy.

I find it impossible to fault your taste in partners, though, even despite your obvious incompatibility with yourself. Have you considered establishing a more deeply satisfying relationship via a self-performed lobotomy? Mine sure helped me!

Last edited:

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
I find it impossible to fault your taste in partners, though, even despite your obvious incompatibility with yourself. Have you considered establishing a more deeply satisfying relationship via a self-performed lobotomy? Mine sure helped me!

I have to admit, it sounds like an increasingly valid option over time.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
That makes marrying another man an increasingly valid option as well then.

Sure, but what would logically come next then? Victims of anal probes agitating for the right to marry their alien captors? I staunchly believe the traditional, God-sanctioned relationship between an anally probed human and his or her alien captors is sacred. Don't mess with it!

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
Sure, but what would logically come next then? Victims of anal probes agitating for the right to marry their alien captors? I staunchly believe the traditional, God-sanctioned relationship between an anally probed human and his or her alien captors is sacred. Don't mess with it!

Did this post make anyone else feel like they needed to poop?