• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Youtube takes away control

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
***edit*** This thread is in error. Autoplay works.

There's no longer a way to turn off 'Autoplay', so you can no longer curate your own experience. Its a propaganda feed now. Whatever political or sexual crap they want to shovel is going to come on screen next. There's no point anymore. I won't be posting anymore information from there.

Last edited:

Eddi

Believer in God
Premium Member
There's no longer a way to turn off 'Autoplay', so you can no longer curate your own experience. Its a propaganda feed now. Whatever political or sexual crap they want to shovel is going to come on screen next. There's no point anymore. I won't be posting anymore information from there.
I use YouTube a lot but I don't understand what Autoplay is, what is it?

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
I think (hope) that at some point Web 3 and blockchain alternatives to YouTube could gain traction.

Things like this might help it along.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
For what it is worth, it does not seem to have happened to me yet.

Maybe it is a country-specific change?

I may be being too optimistic (yes, that happens), but I don't think that such a change can be well accepted.

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
For what it is worth, it does not seem to have happened to me yet.

Maybe it is a country-specific change?

I may be being too optimistic (yes, that happens), but I don't think that such a change can be well accepted.
It didn't happen for me until today, but for some it started last month.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Its just yet another irritating thing that batty CEO pushes into its viewership because she wants it her own way.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
i just took this screen shot:

Screenshot 2024-06-15 221134.jpg

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I use YouTube a lot but I don't understand what Autoplay is, what is it?
Well that's clearly outrageous
As you can see the OP realized that he was in error. Sometimes, either because I did something that I did not realize that I did or perhaps due to other factors the autoplay can be accidentally turned on. I sometimes use it since it tries to find videos that I like, but too often it is wrong so I usually have it off. It is just another function of YouTube that you can either use or shun.