• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

According to the Bible, ALL people will eventually be in Heaven

Messianic Israelite

ALL people will, eventually, repent and become believers and followers of Jesus. However, most of those only do so AFTER they die.

Hi Patrick66. Good afternoon. That isn't true at all and cannot be supported by the Bible. What did Yahshua say in Matthew 7:13-14. He speaks of destruction of those in the majority. Destruction means annihilation in the Lake of Fire.

crossbody

ALL people will, eventually, repent and become believers and followers of Jesus. However, most of those only do so AFTER they die.
Holy Bible scriptures states that..

Heb 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment.

It's my belief that the fixed order is to die once only, and to be judged after death. Therefore after death is judgment, not repentance.

cataway

Holy Bible scriptures states that..

Heb 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment.

It's my belief that the fixed order is to die once only, and to be judged after death. Therefore after death is judgment, not repentance.
death is the judgment, its paid for with death. after that ,one would have to live again to then receive a new judgment for things done

crossbody

death is the judgment, its paid for with death. after that ,one would have to live again to then receive a new judgment for things done
well, if you're speaking of Jesus death being the judgment... I believe Jesus death is the payment and his blood is the atonement for our sins...not the judgment. Consider this, even if one is not born again (as you say, live again) they will still be judged after they die. Our spirit will report to God of everything we have done and said on earth.

Colt

IMOP that's true in the sense that heaven is where we will be judged and either condemned or survive. Those who do not want eternal life are obliterated. It will be as if they never lived.

cataway

well, if you're speaking of Jesus death being the judgment... I believe Jesus death is the payment and his blood is the atonement for our sins...not the judgment. Consider this, even if one is not born again (as you say, live again) they will still be judged after they die. Our spirit will report to God of everything we have done and said on earth.
no

Ajax

This is written In the Apocalypse of Peter, which is an early Christian text of the 2nd century.
The Ethiopic version text also contains a unique section which explains that, in the end, God will save all sinners from their plight in Hell:

“My Father will give unto them all the life, the glory, and the kingdom that passeth not away… It is because of them that have believed in me that I am come. It is also because of them that have believed in me that, at their word, I shall have pity on men.”

Thus, sinners will finally be saved by the prayers of those in heaven. Peter orders his spiritual son Clement not to speak of this revelation, since God had told Peter to keep it secret: "Thou must not tell that which thou hearest unto the sinners lest they transgress the more, and sin."

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Justinian writes in:

The Anathematisms of the Emperor Justinian Against Origen.

(Labbe and Cossart, Concilia, Tom. v., col. 677.),

If anyone says or thinks that the punishment of demons and of impious men is only temporary, and will one day have an end, and that a restoration (ἀποκατάστασις
) will take place of demons and of impious men, let him be anathema.

This is a specific heresy when put these ways, so I don't believe it's true.

cataway

no one is judged after they have died .they would have to live again to receive a new judgement for things done

Tinkerpeach

This is written In the Apocalypse of Peter, which is an early Christian text of the 2nd century.
The Ethiopic version text also contains a unique section which explains that, in the end, God will save all sinners from their plight in Hell:

“My Father will give unto them all the life, the glory, and the kingdom that passeth not away… It is because of them that have believed in me that I am come. It is also because of them that have believed in me that, at their word, I shall have pity on men.”

Thus, sinners will finally be saved by the prayers of those in heaven. Peter orders his spiritual son Clement not to speak of this revelation, since God had told Peter to keep it secret: "Thou must not tell that which thou hearest unto the sinners lest they transgress the more, and sin."
You need to be careful when reading outside of biblical text.

Ajax

You need to be careful when reading outside of biblical text.
Well, the book of Job is included and it is far more defamatory to religion than any apocrypha texts..:)
I only mentioned it because someone wrote that all people will be saved.

Last edited:

cataway

no , speaking of any and all that sin. its our own death that pays for our own sin. what Jesus' death does is make it possible for us to live again here on earth. perhaps you have read of the resurrection of the righteous and the unrighteous ?

Last edited:

cataway

Well, the book of Job is included and it is far more defamatory to religion than any apocrypha texts..:)
I only mentioned it because someone wrote that all people will be saved.
yes saved. saved from what ? the answer is saved from death