• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All Ethics, Morals are Biased, Self-Serving. Exhibit 1 - The Royal Brahmin Caste

RamaRaksha

*banned*
There are no unbiased morals as such - all our morals, ethics are biased, self-serving. I will posting more Exhibits as I move along
First one - The Royal Brahmin Caste
Caste as we all know says Brahmins are at a higher level, based purely on birth!
Well, these Royals have them beat, they are idolized, praised, looked up to, given riches so they can dress nice and live the easy good life!(I subscribe to the Telegraph and they have their own tab in the top Menu - the Royal tab where everything Royal is disseminated)
And their qualification? Their birth!
And while Caste is universally derided, as it should be, these Royals get the, well, Royal treatment!
Anyone criticizing them or opposing them gets brutally abused - poor woman got abused because she said they were racist to her and her baby, the poor prince got abused because he and his wife no longer wanted to live sponging off the British Tax Payer!
What changed? Just a change in word, that's it! From Brahmin to Royal! That's it!
The ideas are the same!
Not only do we behave differently, we have no clue we are doing this!

Heyo

Veteran Member
There are no unbiased morals as such - all our morals, ethics are biased, self-serving. I will posting more Exhibits as I move along
First one - The Royal Brahmin Caste
Caste as we all know says Brahmins are at a higher level, based purely on birth!
Well, these Royals have them beat, they are idolized, praised, looked up to, given riches so they can dress nice and live the easy good life!(I subscribe to the Telegraph and they have their own tab in the top Menu - the Royal tab where everything Royal is disseminated)
And their qualification? Their birth!
And while Caste is universally derided, as it should be, these Royals get the, well, Royal treatment!
Anyone criticizing them or opposing them gets brutally abused - poor woman got abused because she said they were racist to her and her baby, the poor prince got abused because he and his wife no longer wanted to live sponging off the British Tax Payer!
What changed? Just a change in word, that's it! From Brahmin to Royal! That's it!
The ideas are the same!
Not only do we behave differently, we have no clue we are doing this!
Is the caste system a moral or ethical system? I don't think so.

RamaRaksha

*banned*
Is the caste system a moral or ethical system? I don't think so.
Now we are getting into word play? When you hear someone being put down because of Caste - what word comes to your mind? Immoral? Wrong? This is not that hard

Heyo

Veteran Member
Now we are getting into word play? When you hear someone being put down because of Caste - what word comes to your mind? Immoral? Wrong? This is not that hard
I think I understand what you mean now: unequal treatment is immoral, and the caste system fosters such behaviour. Am I right?

RamaRaksha

*banned*
I think I understand what you mean now: unequal treatment is immoral, and the caste system fosters such behaviour. Am I right?
Unequal treatment based purely on birth is wrong
One could say the Jews and Gypsies were "lower castes" in Christianity & Islam
2,000 years of hate and still going - more hate left to give
Jews to be wiped off the map simply because they were Jews - similar to lower castes being discriminated simply because they were lower caste
Not much talked about but Islam has lower castes as well - Jews and Gypsies - and other lower castes like Hazaras and Ahmadiyas - not recognized as Muslims, they face constant discrimination
But since the Christian/Islamic media controls the narrative, these religions escape caste condemnation