• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

An Introduction to the Bible, Must Read first

Introduction to What The Bible Means
Must Read
I posted two brief writings (HA) on the web site Religiousforums a week or so ago and checked it yesterday. No one commented and some 15 hits were recorded. Also, the two essays were reversed in order, with no indication that they were really one essay (I didn't know the character limit at the time and when I opened the site I split the original into two, but didn't have any way of indicating what I had done), and consequently both were kind of like: What?
I'm offering an interpretation of the Genesis myths/stories and as far as I know hasn't been done, at least how I would say "properly." Consequently, because there is no clarity to those beginning stories, we continue in a state of confusion and ignorance and this affects all personal life in negative ways. The stories tell of the seduction of man, by God. The story blatantly admits deception, deception by one of them, the father one or the male side of our human nature. (He was ashamed! :( ) And because the stories claim we were made by God to be like him then the "fault" isn't ours, i.e. mankind's. The problem, and here the Buddhists are on the mark, is ignorance. We are truth seekers, made to "know" and when we don't know; we are not at our best or in our nature.
I was hoping, by putting my writings on an eclectic web site, to arouse and to talk with the young men and women out there who are concerned, really, for their futures. The new generation of men and women all over everywhere are so bright and open and they are in dire straights without further understandings, new fathers, and concerned leaders. The problem, again, is ignorance, ignorance of our Biblical heritage, not only of our beginnings as told in our Bible, people most everywhere are ignorant of our whole spiritual heritage. Of course, the people who are vaguely familiar (highly if not grossly educated) with the Bible have every kind of opinion, off the wall everywhere. These people are the preachers and spokespeople of the various splintered off branches of everybody's hopeful ONE tree of the ONE true God, who is for life and more of it.
The young can no longer afford to be deceived because old men, not just in religion but in all our institutions and governments and corporations, are hell bent on continuing to prey off ignorance and un-knowing on account of their personal insecurities and desperate needs and cravings. There are a lot of very ill people in the world! Our spiritual traditionalists are just as diseased. This is clearly told in the Book of Genesis! And all of this because we refuse to see, to know, what came before religion that totally affected the males and females of our species and drove us apart, not just from each other but from everything natural and Nature. We have to know what happened and why, if our faith and hope and loves are going to come to fruition in the only place that knowing matters, in individual bodies that continue to grow and to seek happiness. I mean you.
You, dear searcher. My hope is to keep the writing as simple as I can. Like wish me good luck :) I want to open those first stories out, so you will want to read them. I am not about telling you what they say exactly or where, because I want you to make connections for yourself. So I will connect stories to stories, like the Gospels or the Prophets or Revelations. It is important to know that we have been for a long time working through John's Book of Revelations, like knowing the wars are over, the big ones and the seriously hard one is upon us ALL, the war within our personal selves is full blown in our faces and can only be resolved singularly. You might not see it, but you can. Each of us has a need, an obscure “want,” to internalize the stories of our beginning. The process corrects meanings first put to symbols, words. Our nature is still struggling with the meaning of words, attaching words to feelings, the science is new to our species but it is what opens the door to new worlds and un-imaginable freedoms. God, the father one, doesn't understand anything but symbols because he Lost Touch (his finger slipped - he didn't wanna get any closer to Adam [His partner's creating] than how da Vinci painted them in the Chapel of God) with his other creator, God. We act just like HIM too, beings made by our father, we are very dubious of the matter world. The story affirms the split in God and that is a big theme of my writings. The "way" I know is this: each of us “alone” will have to become reconnected with our personal other partner. But that is NOT the end; re-connection is when living once more restarts growing and experiencing again. That is the promise at the close of our Bible.
My hope is that these pieces of writing will lead other individuals to the close of the Bible, also. I am going to post two more pieces with Parts numbered so anyone reading them will not be confused. This is really a treatise, a continuum, on the first stories told from varying perspectives, which are personally “my” perspectives. My purposes are not to be a “lord” over what others think or feel, but to offer more hope. I hope it answers the question definitively that asks "Who is God!" Part 1 is posted under the title: What the Bible Means. Part 2 is posted under the title: God loves You.
And please, ask questions and make comments and just address whatever feelings the writing evokes. Even if you want to puke. :( Hey, I'm a carpenter, not a "word" smith! :)

Paul Thomas

An Happy New Year!