• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Any singles?Lonely for Christmas

Riders

As a singles person I get really lonely around Christmas time. I wish I had a guy friend.........................The commercials this time of year make me sad. I am lonely, more singles people kill themselves this time of year than any other time.I will put up some love songs for us lonely singles.

Erebus

As a singles person I get really lonely around Christmas time. I wish I had a guy friend.........................The commercials this time of year make me sad. I am lonely, more singles people kill themselves this time of year than any other time.I will put up some love songs for us lonely singles.

I'm sorry to hear you're struggling with loneliness. This can be a particularly rough time of year for that.

I can't offer much advice other than to say that if you find yourself contemplating suicide, there are helplines available. It's worth reaching out if you feel particularly low and need somebody to talk to. I believe there are also helplines available specifically for people dealing with loneliness.

I live in the UK so unfortunately Google excludes a lot of non-UK helplines from my searches. Perhaps some RF members based in the USA will be able to offer suggestions if that sounds like something you think you might benefit from?

Nimos

Im an introvert so doesn't bother me to be alone. Not that im alone at Christmas, but then again besides it being a cozy time, Im not really into all the Christmas things.

But I know some Christmas and New Year events are being held for people who are single/feel alone and just want a good time with other people who are feeling like you. Maybe they have something similar where you live that you could join. (Just to clarify it is not dating events etc. they are casual friendly things from what I understand.)

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
We don't celebrate Christmas in any other way than having a decent dinner..
My brother in law will be on his own over Christmas, he lives in the UK, we live in France. We've invited him to dinner via Skype.
He'll prepare the same or similar courses, a place will bevset for him at table and a tablet computer set up for in the place.
We'll eat together and enjoy each others banter.

I can recommend it or similar to any lonely person who has the family ,Or friends.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
I felt this exact way last year, but this year I'm genuinely excited for the holidays. I have things going on with friends on new years and my relationship with my family has bettered, Thanksgiving was a good time so Christmas will be too. I was sort of wondering if I was really making progress or if it was just wishful thinking, but this seems to be evidence of the former.

Things get better. Keep moving forward never back. Make it through the dark nights for the inevitable bright mornings.