• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ask me anything trans edition

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/they/it/neopronouns
Thought id make this again. Here's a link on my spiritual views and being trans

Ive recently started T. This month is my 6th month on it. Ask me anything

Koldo

Outstanding Member

What psychological differences have you felt so far if any?

VoidCat

What changes have you noticed in the past six months?
I smell different. I sweat more. Im starting to grow facial hair. Im more hungry. I've gained a lot of weight now i weigh enough to donate blood. Im 117 pounds. Im much more muscular. Im happier. More at peace. My period has stopped(it lasted for a full month and hasn't came back after it stopped). My sex drive has increased. I grew a quarter of an inch. Im much hairer. My face looks different. My voice is much deeper- when i deepen it to the max it's deeper then some cis guys I know. I plan on posting pictures next week after my 6 month appointment and I'll be posting a voice update. My limbs fall asleep faster too. Oh and i have a ton of acne. There's also been some bottom growth but I dont really wantto talk about my genitals that might make folk uncomfortable.

What psychological differences have you felt so far if any?
Im more at peace. I feel more free to express myself and i stand up straighter. More confident

Last edited:

Regiomontanus

Ματαιοδοξία ματαιοδοξιών! Όλα είναι ματαιοδοξία.

Hello. I wish you well. But I am curious, before taking any action on this (formally transitioning) did you seek any mental or spiritual counseling?

VoidCat

Hello. I wish you well. But I am curious, before taking any action on this (formally transitioning) did you seek any mental or spiritual counseling?
I did not seek spiritual counseling had no reason to. I spent over a year thinking about medically transitioning. My doctor did insist i talk with a therapist first and my therapist thought it was an ok thing and felt it was good for my health. She knew I didnt rush into it.

Tamino

It's great to hear that you are doing well.
If I may ask: when you are in public - do you aim to be read as male? Or do you still like to confuse people?
(Is that correct in English? "To be read" and "passing" to describe how other people perceive your gender?)

Regiomontanus

Ματαιοδοξία ματαιοδοξιών! Όλα είναι ματαιοδοξία.
I did not seek spiritual counseling had no reason to. I spent over a year thinking about medically transitioning. My doctor did insist i talk with a therapist first and my therapist thought it was an ok thing and felt it was good for my health. She knew I didnt rush into it.

It is good, imho, that you sought the guidance of others. Please do not take this the wrong way, but I think the input from a spiritual advisor would have been beneficial. IMHO, and I recognize this is in today's world a minority view, but I think that transgenderism is a mental disorder. My point simply being that I hope you get good, sound, advice on what you are doing. God bless

VoidCat

It's great to hear that you are doing well.
If I may ask: when you are in public - do you aim to be read as male? Or do you still like to confuse people?
(Is that correct in English? "To be read" and "passing" to describe how other people perceive your gender?)
I dress however i like. Sometimes i like wearing a dress and paint a beard on my face. Sometimes I dress femme sometimes masc. I especially like dressing with cat ears and a tail tho that's not really due to me being trans I just like cats.

It is good, imho, that you sought the guidance of others. Please do not take this the wrong way, but I think the input from a spiritual advisor would have been beneficial. IMHO, and I recognize this is in today's world a minority view, but I think that transgenderism is a mental disorder. My point simply being that I hope you get good, sound, advice on what you are doing. God bless
You should read the link i posted. I have a very different view then most people on what being trans is like. As for spiritual advisor...my spiritual beliefs tell me that being trans is a gift something that a lot of spiritual leaders were blessed with historically.

Last edited:

VoidCat

I dress however i like. Sometimes i like wearing a dress and paint a beard on my face. Sometimes I dress femme sometimes masc. I especially like dress with cat ears and a tail tho that's not really due to me being trans I just like cats.

You should read the link i posted. I have a very different view then most people on what being trans is like. As for spiritual advisor...my spiritual beliefs tell me that being trans is a gift something that a lot of spiritual leaders were blessed with historically.
id like to add here that according to my mom my folks are Lakoda Sioux. While i dont know much about the spirituality of the Lakoda Sioux I do know they have the winkte...AMAB folk who presented female were viewed as a third gender. Such folk used to be spiritual leaders for a variety of reasons. Im not winkte tho such folk still do exist but something to think about is that not all religions and spiritualites and cultures see trans folk as sinful or abominations. My view of gender is not typical of most people here in the US it's not very western. Its much broader.

Tamino

id like to add here that according to my mom my folks are Lakoda Sioux. While i dont know much about the spirituality of the Lakoda Sioux I do know they had the winkte...AMAB folk who presented female were viewed as a third gender. Such folk used to be spiritual leaders for a variety of reasons. Im not winkte but something to think about is that not all religions and spiritualites and cultures see trans folk as sinful or abominations. My view of gender is not typical of most people here in the US it's not very western.
Absolutely true. People who cross the borders of the heteronormative world were often regarded with suspicion... but also, they've always had a special place.
The liminal has always been the space of the shaman, the witch, the monk. Who crosses the borders of gender might cross the borders of the spirit world as well...

Tamino

I dress however i like. Sometimes i like wearing a dress and paint a beard on my face. Sometimes I dress femme sometimes masc. I especially like dressing with cat ears and a tail tho that's not really due to me being trans I just like cats.
Excellent. :hearteyecat: I love it when people get shaken up and confused a bit - thank you for providing this important service to the community!

Firenze

Premium Member
I wonder when the posters who have claimed they support Trans people and only have a problem with Trans activists are gonna show up?

VoidCat

I wonder when the posters who have claimed they support Trans people and only have a problem with Trans activists are gonna show up?
I have a few of them on ignore but even then...they likely won't know what to make of me.

VoidCat

What country are you located in and what were the barriers to getting treatment?
I live in NC USA. I'm an adult so the rules of transition are different. Children the rules are much more complex. But adults wanting to go on hormones NC is an informed consent state. Meaning that as long as you are able to consent, know the risks and such, and your doctor's agree to give it to you it's good. Also rules regarding surgery is different then this as well but I dont plan on getting surgery. Like you have to be on hormones a year before bottom surgery kind of thing. Anyway...my main barrier was that my doctor has never had a trans patient. So he had to do an e-consult with another hospital to get the info needed to treat me. So it's not just him involved in my treatment but a hospital elsewhere is helping him out. He also wanted me to get a therapist and he wanted me to talk to them first before starting treatment. Both my doctor and my therapist agreed that i thought about it long and hard, I understood the risks, and that hormones was a good course of action for me.