• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chance to Meet Other RFers

Would you like to meet other RFers if they visited your city or town?

• Total voters

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
If an RFer told you in advance that he or she was coming to the city or town where you live, would you want to meet him? Let's say he/she was in town for a five-hour layover and had some time to kill, or was here for two or three days. Would you want him to contact you in advance so you could at least meet and have lunch or, if there was time, show him around a bit. Or are your online acquaintances meant to be anonymous? If you could meet three RFers in person, who would they be?

Last edited:

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
I personally would want anybody who was visiting Salt Lake City to let me know that they were coming. Although there would be two or three people I probably wouldn't care to meet, I suspect that they are not among the ones who would contact me anyway. I actually have met three RFers (no longer posting here) and it was a lot of fun. I'd at least want to go out to lunch and up to the top of the LDS Church Office Building 26th floor observation deck so they could get a quick look at the panorama of the city. If they had more time, I'd show them around downtown. Most of the touristy things are downtown anyway, and downtown is only a 15-minute drive to the airport.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
I think I misunderstood when I voted.

If we manage to get some sort of RF convention happening, the more the merrier.

For a small group get-together over dinner or the like, I'd probably be more selective.

Meeting someone I'd never met in person before one-on-one... that sets off enough internet safety alarm bells in my head that it'd have to be someone I especially trust.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
I think I misunderstood when I voted.

If we manage to get some sort of RF convention happening, the more the merrier.

For a small group get-together over dinner or the like, I'd probably be more selective.

Meeting someone I'd never met in person before one-on-one... that sets off enough internet safety alarm bells in my head that it'd have to be someone I especially trust.
But suppose it was a cute little kitty with golden eyes?

Circle_One

There are a bunch of people I'd kill to meet IRL. If my friendly Californian darling ever made his way to Montreal, for example.

Rakhel

I would not be apposed to meeting an internet friend IRL. After all, that is how I met my husband.

Circle_One

You'd kill someone you met over the internet?

I had wanted to meet this sexy ninja but now I am having second thoughts.

No, of course not, I'd only kill completely non-related people, on the off chance that it would enable me to meet my wonderful RF friends!

I'm am completely innocent! *bats eyelashes*

rojse

RF Addict
No, of course not, I'd only kill completely non-related people, on the off chance that it would enable me to meet my wonderful RF friends!

I'm am completely innocent! *bats eyelashes*

What crazy serial killer would admit to their heinous crimes and allow their victims to escape?:areyoucra

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
As Penguin said, I would meet anyone at an RF convention. I would meet some members one-on-one, and I'd meet a bunch in a group setting.

As soon as we get the chance, my wife and I are going to visit my brother in Portland, and I'll definitely be meeting up with Storm while I'm there.