• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you think the Gods of this planet preside over life on other planets?

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
Since there's life on our own planet we have yet to discover, I'm confident there's plenty of others throughout the universe. And how many more universes beyond ours?

Isabella Lecour

I don't know. But for good storytelling, I suspect not. I don't see a reason why an alien planet wouldn't have their own Gods to deal with. When the two planetary civilizations met, it's sure to be a clash of the Gods and culture no matter if we all share the same set of Gods or not. I see this as no different than dealing with Gods of the Land here on this planet. They are very--territorial.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
For me, the gods are many and their scale of influence varied. When it comes to developing relationships of deep respect that lead to worship and deification, there needs to be some sort of personal connection there. Thus, I would hardly expect a culture that has a completely different star at the center of their solar system to be worshiping ours - that wouldn't make sense. They'd be worshiping their sun, not our sun. And while each of the stars are broadly the same "type" of god, they are all also each individuals with somewhat different characteristics.