• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does Anyone Else Feel That Making Choices Is A Hard Thing To Do ?

Heyo

Veteran Member
I always feel overwhelmed by the choices or lack thereof sometimes it's frustrating because then I miss out on certain things or I make the wrong choices.
Depends on the level of my depression. Concentration, and thus the ability to remember the choices and evaluate the consequences, is hard during major episodes. As a result, when having to decide what to do, I do nothing.

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
I always feel overwhelmed by the choices or lack thereof sometimes it's frustrating because then I miss out on certain things or I make the wrong choices.
I can be quite indecisive with certain things, but I've haven't found choices overwhelming, though others have likely found my indecisiveness frustrating.

Years ago I went to the Cheesecake Factory with an equally indecisive friend, and we were there for over an hour before we decided what to order. I imagine the wait staff found that a bit frustrating.

But I digress. Missing out on things or making wrong choices is a learning processes that help one to make better choices in the future.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

I've never had a problem making choices and overall my choices have served me well. Though sometimes I have made the wrong choice with devastating results.

That's life.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
That is not an issue with me. I can only imagine myself being overwhelmed by choices if I anticipated overwhelming consequences.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Most good choices come from programming the subconscious in the right way. Otherwise, in real time, your subconsciousness has already decided a lot of decisions automatically.

If we had bad decisions we doing often or a habit, we won't change till we battle within ourselves, and program our subconscious.

This is where it's very useful to realize that you are connected to inward world, there are Angels, there are Devils, there is the spirit from God's Authority (the Imam), and all this is part of your inward world. God exists there as part of that world too and his visions defines you.

God exist both in your presence and in your absence.

The two companions of the journey, the evil left handed one from Iblis army and the Imam of time, they are a struggle for your soul. Tug war.

You have to distinguish between the light and darkness. The sword of honor must be picked up and the falsehood cut off.

This is how you really decide. Otherwise, decisions outside of that, will be automatic mostly, from your subconscious and state of being.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
There are no wrong choices. There are just choices (well, possibly not even that if you reject that free will is a thing).

The last time I really worried about "wrong choices" was in the teens and tweens. As an adult, it just isn't a concern. I make decisions, I go from there, and deal with it. You learn to trust yourself to manage whatever comes. And you do.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Depends entirely upon the choices...

What to eat, no problem.
What to wear, no problem. (though my children and grandchildren will likely disagree)

Answering "Does this make me look fat?", big problem.
Advice: lie with great conviction and sincerity.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
Yep, and scientifically proven

When we are given more options, it can be difficult to evaluate each different one. It requires more time and cognitive effort. It also can lead to anxiety and worry about making an incorrect decision. More choice may cause us to reflect constantly upon the other options that were available to us.(Psychology Today)

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Yep, and scientifically proven

When we are given more options, it can be difficult to evaluate each different one. It requires more time and cognitive effort. It also can lead to anxiety and worry about making an incorrect decision. More choice may cause us to reflect constantly upon the other options that were available to us.(Psychology Today)
But...
Then...
That means buffets are dangerous...

Right?

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I make decisions easily. If, on rare occasion I can't, I drop it, and usually within a few days, I'll get an intuitive flash about it. But then, I have help on the process. He's called the Lord of Obstacles.