• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does believing, thinking or feeling something is true actually make it true?

Ignatius A

It has nothing to do with belief. As has been stated previously in this thread, it is evidence based.

Are you seriously expecting me to give you a comprehensive list of all behaviors and expressions associated with women? I don’t think I will. It’s an exercise not relevant to the discussion.
What makes any of them "associated with women"? Is wearing a dress a "woman" behavior?

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Thank you. This is exactly what all this nonsense has brought us to. Does anyone REALLY need to be a doctor to know that a person who is 5'5" tall and weights 98 lbs ISNT FAT NO MATTER WHAT THEY BELIEVE THINK OR FEEL and shouldn't be on a diet???!!!!!!!

We have a justice on the Supreme Court, no doubt an otherwise very smart woman, actually say in front of the entire nation that she couldn't tell us what a woman is because she's isnt a biologist.
No one needs to be a doctor to determine that but every time you asked the question, you asked, if I was her doctor, what treatment would I give her, so that's how I responded. I am not a doctor, and have no intention of becoming one, and if I was one, out of the hundreds or even thousands of specialties, what are the odds that I'd run into a 5'5" woman who weighed 98 pounds and wanted me to treat her? So that's why I was having a very difficult time imagining how I would treat her, other than defaulting to "I'd treat her the way I wanted to be treated." That's very, very general, and I'm sorry but that's all I could originally come up with.

I don't recall the Supreme Court Justice's name who said that but whatever. I personally believe most women and men are correctly assigned their sex at birth. Most but not all. IF I ran into a he/her person and he/she wanted me to treat him/her as a woman, that's how I'd treat him/her, because I am not going to go into a bathroom and check them out, because, well because I don't want to. But it's a highly unlikely scenario. I lead a very quiet life. So I don't worry myself about that sort of thing anymore. Once again, that's why I gave the example of knowing so many gay and lesbian people over my lifetime, and sitting around worrying till one day I just thought "You know what - the odds are not likely and I am just not going to go to a gay or lesbian wedding," and I just didn't worry about it anymore. Most women and men are properly identified at birth, but not all. Most are, though, and the odds of being confronted with one requiring a response from you are slim. That's why I just reiterated what I believe and how I act toward ANYONE - I treat others as I would want to be treated. But, but...I would shoot someone breaking into my house! Would THEY want that? Probably not. Would I want that? Perhaps! (By the way, I personally think that's a much better example than the one with the 5'5" woman weighing 98 pounds but whatever.)

Last edited:

Ignatius A

No, it's just that the smartest thing to ever come out of anyone's mouth is the phrase "I don't know".
She didn't say I dont know she said she wasnt a biologist. So I should go to the vet to make sure my pet at home is a dog otherwise I won't know what food to buy for him. I might have a very tall hairy iguana

Ignatius A

No one needs to be a doctor to determine that but every time you asked the question, you asked, if I was her doctor, what treatment would I give her, so that's how I responded. I am not a doctor, and have no intention of becoming one, and if I was one, out of the hundreds or even thousands of specialties, what are the odds that I'd run into a 5'5" woman who weighed 98 pounds and wanted me to treat her? So that's why I was having a very difficult time imagining how I would treat her, other than defaulting to "I'd treat her the way I wanted to be treated." That's very, very general, and I'm sorry but that's all I could originally come up with.

I don't recall the Supreme Court Justice's name who said that but whatever. I personally believe most women and men are correctly assigned their sex at birth. Most but not all. IF I ran into a he/her person and he/she wanted me to treat him/her as a woman, that's how I'd treat him/her. But it's a highly unlikely scenario. I lead a very quiet life. So I don't worry myself about that sort of thing anymore. Once again, that's why I gave the example of knowing so many gay and lesbian people over my lifetime, and sitting around worrying till one day I just thought "You know what - the odds are not likely and I am just not going to go to a gay or lesbian wedding," and I just didn't worry about it anymore. Most women and men are properly identified at birth, but not all. Most are, though, and the odds of being confronted with one requiring a response from you are slim. That's why I just reiterated what I believe and how I act toward ANYONE - I treat others as I would want to be treated. But, but...I would shoot someone breaking into my house! Would THEY want that? Probably not. Would I want that? Perhaps! (By the way, I personally think that's a much better example than the one with the 5'5" woman weighing 98 pounds but whatever.)
I have to let it go because I've never run across anyone who dealt so concretely with a hypothetical situation and couldn't generalize. I'm flabbergasted but you did finally answer so again. Thank you.

Kathryn

She didn't say I dont know she said she wasnt a biologist. So I should go to the vet to make sure my pet at home is a dog otherwise I won't know what food to buy for him. I might have a very tall hairy iguana
What percentage of dogs is confused about gender? I'd need to know that, and if it was a significant amount I would ask my vet if he or she is certain that my dog's gender is right. I wouldn't ask if my dog was an iguana because that's not the right question.

Kathryn

I have to let it go because I've never run across anyone who dealt so concretely with a hypothetical situation and couldn't generalize. I'm flabbergasted but you did finally answer so again. Thank you.
No worries. I'm flabbergasted as well.

Ignatius A

What percentage of dogs is confused about gender? I'd need to know that, and if it was a significant amount I would ask my vet if he or she is certain that my dog's gender is right. I wouldn't ask if my dog was an iguana because that's not the right question.
Really? God bless you sister.

Kathryn

Oh but I do but I cant make you believe what you don't believe so I don't waste much energy trying to get you to believe it.
Excellent news. Ask good questions and you'll get good answers. Ask silly questions and you'll get silly answers.