• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does The Bible Contain Errors And Contradictions

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
None of that makes racism any less true, if anything it strengthens it as you already confirmed
I would like to leave you with one thought from the holy scriptures -- that at Romans 13:10 -
"Love does no harm to a neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law."
It is good to think about.

Last edited:

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
Landover then:

Take note of the Pontius Pilate connection to the white supremacist within Christianity:
“Pilate represents white supremacy, and white supremacy now becomes normalized and effectively becomes the religion of Jesus, the religion of God,”

leroy

Even if true, this would be irrelevant. It doesn't matter if he notices a contradiction on his own, reads about it in a book, sees it discussed in a video, or finds it on a "bible contradictions" website. Either a contradiction exists or it doesn't.
My point is that one should atleast think twice befor posting a contradiction

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Take note of the Pontius Pilate connection to the white supremacist within Christianity:
“Pilate represents white supremacy, and white supremacy now becomes normalized and effectively becomes the religion of Jesus, the religion of God,”
I should tell you that the Landover Church is just a parody of the Westboro Baptist Church. I think that it was a real challenge to write stories that are crazier than the ones that the Westboro Baptists have.

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
I should tell you that the Landover Church is just a parody of the Westboro Baptist Church. I think that it was a real challenge to write stories that are crazier than the ones that the Westboro Baptists have.
Yep. Although I hadn't heard that particular one, "thankfully" it was obvious. LOL

leroy

Do you think arguing that Mark is obviously false helps to support the idea that the Gospels are all true?
Ok I have to ask.... what do you think happen. ?

How could Mark belive that they told nobody (literally)

If atleast someone told Mark?

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
Unfortunately, none of the streaming services I subscribe to carries it. But thanks :)

I don't know if you have Amazon Prime Video or not, but it is available there.

idea

Question Everything
No, I'm realistic. I just call the facts as they are and many don't like it as it exposes them as two faced frauds. I would rather have you tell me what you think of me, than stab me in the back

I'm not sure how much you have traveled? If you have spent time within any archeological sites? Rome is paled by Egyptian and South American architecture. The Sumerians for math, present day Iraq the first astronomy, Chinese best in biology ...

Do you know what country currently has the largest bridge? The tallest skyscraper? ... they aren't "white"....

Jesus wasn't white.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
When you call someone a liar, you are accusing them of knowingly misrepresenting the truth. You have absolutely NO foundation by which to claim that he is lying. Now if you want to say that he is wrong and mistaken and incorrect, that's fine. But not that he is a liar.

btw, are you Jehovah's Witness?
Jehovah's Witnesses do not believe that Jesus is Jehovah.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
You forgot we now have google, so yeah. The girls applied themselves to regurgitating what Dr. Google taught them, no big deal
LOL This shows you don't understand what happened. There was no google on this. Why? Because in the history of math, no one had solved this puzzle. So there was NO ONE to copy. They did it entirely on their own. They were the FIRST ones in history to do what they did. We are talking mathematical geniuses of the highest caliber.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
No, that's nonsense because it doesn't line up with what the bible says. The bible never said that "it is appointed onto men to die once then the judgement, then after the judgement he gets another chance to prove himself worthy of salvation". That sounds like a doctrine of Demons and far from the gospel message.
Having been asked on numerous occasions for some biblical authority to back your "Elect" claims, you finally offered Matthew 24:31 (#258).

In #267 I pointed out to you that Matthew 24:31 refers to the elect of God, not the Elect of God, and that no one can predict who'll be elect (let alone Elect) until after the Tribulation.

(In that post I also pointed out an argument, based on NT scripture which I cited, that the Tribulation was supposed to have taken place within the lifetime of some of Jesus' audience, not some 2000 years or so down the track.)

You replied (#278),
No, that's nonsense because it doesn't line up with what the bible says. The bible never said that "it is appointed onto men to die once then the judgement, then after the judgement he gets another chance to prove himself worthy of salvation". That sounds like a doctrine of Demons and far from the gospel message.​

I of course said nothing even vaguely resembling your words above.

Now, if you'd like to try again to provide me with a credible link between the NT and your view of the Elect, please do. Meanwhile, I continue to think you have nothing.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Again, I must reject all of that as lies without any foundation. Everything you claim is the opposite to the truth, I don't need to go through every single lie. But I can assure you that you have no basis for any of your claims.
I must reject what you believe because it has no foundation in the Bible, like much of what Christianity teaches...
Everything you claim is the opposite to the truth, I don't need to go through every single belief that you hold.
Mohammad was not a prophet of God. Christianity teaches that he was a mass murderer, a terrorist, pedophile, thief and liar. We have all the records to confirm our claims, so he's a criminal who we believe deserves the death penalty
I don't care what Christianity teaches. Christianity is a plethora of false teachings.
I've never heard of the other two you mentioned, so they must be fictional non existent characters. Quite sad really
Jest because YOU have never hard of them that dos not man they are fictional.
You can't hear of anything else when you have your head in the Bible. Quite sad really.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Ok I have to ask.... what do you think happen. ?

I have no idea. I think the accounts in the Bible are mostly, if not entirely, fiction.

How could Mark belive that they told nobody (literally)

If atleast someone told Mark?

There are plenty of passages in the Bible where, if the story were true, the author would have had no way to know the events they described. This passage from Mark is just one of them.

I suppose this doesn't have to be a problem for devout believers, since they can assume that an omniscient God told the author what happened. Personally, I take it as a sign that these accounts are fabrications.