• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does your religion have end-time prophesies?

Yokefellow

And does your religion even have end-time prophesies?

Just something about Artificial Intelligence mixing with the Seed of Man to create Hybrids and then killing everyone who does not wish to be assimilated.

Oh, and an interdimensional alien invasion thrown in for good measure.

Nothing bigly to worry about.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
If you wish to refute my statement, please create a thread in a debate forum. This isn't the venue.
My apologies. The way I use the forum is to click on those posts that are in my alert box. Usually that means posts that quote me, but there are also a few that the site kind of randomly sends, perhaps thinking that they are about something that would interest me. If the only thing I do is click on the alert and view the post, I do not see which forum it is in. It was not my intention to argue in any non-debate forum. Please be well. :)

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
...but there are also a few that the site kind of randomly sends, perhaps thinking that they are about something that would interest me.
This is because you are watching the thread (automatically happens when you participate in a thread unless you uncheck the "watch thread" box). You will get a notification of the first response in the thread you're watching, even if the reply isn't quoting you directly. This will happen each time you view the thread.

David1967

Premium Member
With all the disasters that keep happening and, as some believe, getting worse, because of climate change and whatever other reasons, does this fit with the end-time prophesies of your religion? And does your religion even have end-time prophesies? And because plagues and earthquakes and other disasters have always happened, why is it different now? And this time, for sure, the end-times?
Yes it does, and interpretations and opinions regarding the "end times" are ridiculously numerous and unfortunately often follow the days headlines.

ChieftheCef

I'm unaware of any "end-time prophecies" in Hinduism.

That doesn't mean there aren't any. It just means that I'm unaware of any and that if there were, they are of no interest to me.
There's actually a noticeable amount and they approximately say the sameish kind of thing, with a Hindu light.

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
There's actually a noticeable amount and they approximately say the sameish kind of thing, with a Hindu light.

In Hinduism, time is cyclical. There is no end. There are four yugas that combined last a little over 4.3 million years, at which point, the cycle begins again. It is said we are in Kali Yuga, which began 5,124 years ago and won't end for 426,876 years, at which point, Krita Yuga will begin.

ChieftheCef

In Hinduism, time is cyclical. There is no end. There are four yugas that combined last a little over 4.3 million years, at which point, the cycle begins again. It is said we are in Kali Yuga, which began 5,124 years ago and won't end for 426,876 years, at which point, Krita Yuga will begin.
Interesting, I didn't know all of that. But the numbers are not meant to be taken literally.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member

I read through them all. Firstly, I'd have to look at other translations and compare. All of them came from the same scripture, not one I personally pay heed to. But for argument sake, let's assume it's a reasonably accurate translation. I saw some of them as holding truth for some people, but certainly not everyone. But that also would apply over history. I think that thieves, for example, have always been in existence, and are no more common now, than they were in the middle ages or in ancient civilisations. So it's as much an observation as a prediction.

But the main point is that if you have the eyes and pre-conditioned idea that prophecy is everywhere, you're sure to find it. None of these made much sense to me, but them I'm far more pragmatic to worry about things like prophecies. Carry on.

ChieftheCef

I read through them all. Firstly, I'd have to look at other translations and compare. All of them came from the same scripture, not one I personally pay heed to. But for argument sake, let's assume it's a reasonably accurate translation. I saw some of them as holding truth for some people, but certainly not everyone. But that also would apply over history. I think that thieves, for example, have always been in existence, and are no more common now, than they were in the middle ages or in ancient civilisations. So it's as much an observation as a prediction.

But the main point is that if you have the eyes and pre-conditioned idea that prophecy is everywhere, you're sure to find it. None of these made much sense to me, but them I'm far more pragmatic to worry about things like prophecies. Carry on.
Eh, I see that and more happening around the world today. Did you know that our civilization might collapse because we aren't having enough babies? It'll be, as Elon Musk has put it "death in baby diapers" because there'll be so many kids without parents /:

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Eh, I see that and more happening around the world today. Did you know that our civilization might collapse because we aren't having enough babies? It'll be, as Elon Musk has put it "death in baby diapers" because there'll be so many kids without parents /:
I don't see it that way at all. Maybe we live on two planets. Yes, it has its ebbs and flows. The idea the civilisation will collapse has been around for a very long time, I suspect. Hasn't happened yet.

ChieftheCef

I don't see it that way at all. Maybe we live on two planets. Yes, it has its ebbs and flows. The idea the civilisation will collapse has been around for a very long time, I suspect. Hasn't happened yet.
It happened 12000 years ago, in the 10,800s BC. That's why we see no mega fauna. It could happen at any time

Check this poop out

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
It happened 12000 years ago, in the 10,800s BC. That's why we see no mega fauna. It could happen at any time

Check this poop out
And it's up for debate. Gunung Padang - Wikipedia So far there is insufficient evidence to make any conclusion about it being man-made. But wishful thinking is what prophecy is all about, so I'm not surprised.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Do you SEE the angles on this thing?
Did you read what I said? I said it's up for debate, not that it isn't man-made. My take is that we don't know. It would not surprise me that it is man-made, and I've always suspected we've had advanced civilizations in the past, far more than we'll ever know, given the extremely long timeline. But I fail to recognize what that has to do with a religion having prophecy.

CharmingOwl

Lavenderism has so many, but most generally go with the one about a large dragon coming and shaking the Earth with his tail which causes this reality to end and all of the thetans to end up going back to the spirit world to prepare for a next world.

ChieftheCef

Did you read what I said? I said it's up for debate, not that it isn't man-made. My take is that we don't know. It would not surprise me that it is man-made, and I've always suspected we've had advanced civilizations in the past, far more than we'll ever know, given the extremely long timeline. But I fail to recognize what that has to do with a religion having prophecy.
That's a very dull take. If science came out and said it wasn't manmade I wouldn't believe that poop if they explained it to me.