• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Emmitt Till Memorial dedicated today

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
A memorial today was dedicated to Emmitt Till, who in 1955 was tortured and killed, but his mother was the real hero, showing in an open casket what they did to him. He would have been 82 today. This act is the one most responsible for the civil rights movement. :cry:

Edit: With the stroke of Biden’s pen, the Emmett Till and Mamie Till-Mobley National Monument, located across three sites in two states, became federally-protected places. Before signing the proclamation, the president said he marvels at the courage of the Till family to “find faith and purpose in pain.”

Last edited:
A memorial today was dedicated to Emmitt Till, who in 1955 was tortured and killed, but his mother was the real hero, showing in an open casket what they did to him. He would have been 82 today. This act is the one most responsible for the civil rights movement. :cry:
Emmett Till's death just goes to show how messed up the world was and still is. I agree with you on the fact the Emmett's mother was a true hero for having an open casket.