• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Evangelicals persecuted in russia

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/they/it/neopronouns
An article on Russia persecuting evangelicals in Ukraine. I dont know much about this topic so I may not discuss it much on here but felt it's good to post this article on here

I'll add this is in political debates because i feel folk may try to debate but im unsure on exactly where to post this as it's about the war which arguable is political but it's also on religious persecution. If mods feel it's better elsewhere feel free to move it. I may not debate much on this thread due to lack of knowledge but if folk want to debate in the comments about the topic with each other that's cool.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
A friend left Russia because it wasn't a good
place to be a Jew (his wife). They moved to
Israel, but left because it wasn't a good place
to be a non-Jew (him). They live here now,
& plan to stay.
The upshot.....
Countries with state religions suck.
Yeah. America ****ing sucks. However, islt does suck waaay less so than lots of other places. Not the best, but at least if Trump becomes the next president it's my right to insult him. For now at least. The people he idolizes amd cheaply emulates have no tolerance of criticism.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Yeah. America ****ing sucks. However, islt does suck waaay less so than lots of other places. Not the best, but at least if Trump becomes the next president it's my right to insult him. For now at least. The people he idolizes amd cheaply emulates have no tolerance of criticism.
Oh, but insulting Trump would become a hate crime.
Clinton had a couple arrested for insulting him once.
Foreigners don't like our freedom of speech.
My solution....
Don't move here, lest one be offended.

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
An article on Russia persecuting evangelicals in Ukraine. I dont know much about this topic so I may not discuss it much on here but felt it's good to post this article on here

I'll add this is in political debates because i feel folk may try to debate but im unsure on exactly where to post this as it's about the war which arguable is political but it's also on religious persecution. If mods feel it's better elsewhere feel free to move it. I may not debate much on this thread due to lack of knowledge but if folk want to debate in the comments about the topic with each other that's cool.
I haven't read the whole article, but it seems that the occupying forces are persecuting those with "American" sects of Christianity. This way, the article claims, they can say they are fighting Americans to the Russian people. They accuse these people of "American" religions of being spies for America. This seems familiar to me as a Baha'i. In Iran, sometimes Baha'is are accused of being spies for Israel. Why? I think it's because the world center for the Baha'i Faith is in Haifa, Israel. I'm just guessing on that.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I hope not! Insulting the President is a traditional American past time. It's part of my heritage by gum!

This especially applies to Trump who we had a right to insult well before he was President, being a racist grifter jerk and all.
An old Reagan joke....

“The story was of an American and a Russian arguing about their two countries. The American said ‘Look, in my country I can walk into the Oval Office, I can pound the President’s desk, and say Mr. President, I don’t like the way you’re running our country.’ And the Russian said, ‘I can do that.’ … ‘I can go to the Kremlin, to the General Secretary’s office, pound his desk, and say Mr. General Secretary, I don’t like the way President Reagan’s running his country.'”

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Countries with state religions suck.
UK has a State Religion *shrug*; we're still less religious than the US.

Seems to depend on the region, time, and context.

Israel also has no official State Religion and yet...

It seems much more cultural than political.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
UK has a State Religion *shrug*; we're still less religious than the US.
I'd considered UK when I made that post.
But its state religion is merely nominal....a
powerless artifact from a primitive age.

Many of USA's problems stem from attempts
to make Christianity a state religion. We strive
to resist their efforts, because a country run by
fanatical Christian fundies would indeed suck.
Israel also has no official State Religion and yet...
The "The Jewish State" has a de facto state
religion, even if not de juro.
It seems much more cultural than political.
It's far more intentional than a mere cultural
preponderance. It was formed for "God's
Chosen People". It booted & killed non-Jews
to take land it desired. It functions as a theocracy,
& demonstrates a governmental hostility towards
other religions.