• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Health Matters: 50+

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Yes. MRIs...x-rays. We know the problem but haven't offered a solution. Apparently there are small holes in the vertebrae the nerves travel through and mine have become constricted. I had a doctor review imaging with me, but he had not advice on a resolution. I guess it's just something I'm supposed to live with...
Do you think a chiro could help? I'm rather sceptical myself.

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
Do you think a chiro could help? I'm rather sceptical myself.
Maybe...maybe not. The chiropractor I saw years ago, the same my daughter went to during her illness, also works with chakras and practices Reiki. And yes, I know there are those that would call this woo, but he's helped her in managing her pain and other side effects of her cancer and treatment and has helped me with my knee pain previously, so I figure he's worth a shot.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Maybe...maybe not. The chiropractor I saw years ago, the same my daughter went to during her illness, also works with chakras and practices Reiki. And yes, I know there are those that would call this woo, but he's helped her in managing her pain and other side effects of her cancer and treatment and has helped me with my knee pain previously, so I figure he's worth a shot.
If it works it works.

Osteopathy is woo too:

Osteopathy - Wikipedia

I must be anti-science then because I have found great benefit from seeing an osteopath when my lower back gives me grief. It must be a placebo effect brought on by my lack of critical thinking skills. :blush:

In fact, I used to go to a physiotherapist (not woo) and that was not as effective for me as seeing the osteopath. I only tried osteopathy because of a recommendation and never went back to the physio.

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
If it works it works.

Osteopathy is woo too:

Osteopathy - Wikipedia

I must be anti-science then because I have found great benefit from seeing an osteopath when my lower back gives me grief. It must be a placebo effect brought on by my lack of critical thinking skills. :blush:

In fact, I used to go to a physiotherapist (not woo) and that was not as effective for me as seeing the osteopath. I only tried osteopathy because of a recommendation and never went back to the physio.
In my experience, the mind controls the body. Even if it is a placebo, if it is able to alter processes in the brain to allay pain or other medical symptoms, that's every bit as valuable to a patient as a medicine or procedure that treats those symptoms. It may even be better, as many medicines come with unfavorable side effects.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
In my experience, the mind controls the body. Even if it is a placebo, if it is able to alter processes in the brain to allay pain or other medical symptoms, that's every bit as valuable to a patient as a medicine or procedure that treats those symptoms. It may even be better, as many medicines come with unfavorable side effects.
I'm never keen on taking meds, possibly to my own detriment.