• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If you claim any sort of belief in the Bible--

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Would you say that Jesus was born as a Jew and after he died was preached to others beyond the Jews? Remember -- IF you claim any sort of belief in the Bible -- if you don't, no need for you to answer. Thanks.

YoursTrue

I believe the Bible was never meant to be a science book.
Of course it wasn't. It did, however, convey the idea that God gave certain laws and restrictions to the Israelites. That would include for certain ones to not touch the dead, not to eat certain types of food.

YoursTrue

Funny. A question with just one answer. Dissenters outlawed. :D
Not really. The question was narrowed because I am interested in how people think or weigh things, but feel free. I'm not outlawing you, however the primary interest is towards those claiming to be members of a religion that bases its primary belief as that of the Bible. Because many religions and people do not put faith in the Bible and that is to be expected.

YoursTrue

I believe the Bible was never meant to be a science book.
The basic question was not about the Bible and science. It was: Would you say that Jesus was born as a Jew and after he died was preached to others beyond the Jews? If you don't believe that, that's your viewpoint. If you do, again -- that's how you believe.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Did he not preach to gentiles while he was alive? Jesus was born a Jew and his words were for Jews only.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
"any" sort of belief - I guess that includes me though I'm not a Christian nor do I believe the Bible is without errors and certainly the stories should not be taken literally.

Were there non-Jews in the region when Jesus was alive? If there were, I would presume he would interact, preach if you like, to whomever came in contact with him.

Dimi95

Χριστός ἀνέστη
Would you say that Jesus was born as a Jew and after he died was preached to others beyond the Jews? Remember -- IF you claim any sort of belief in the Bible -- if you don't, no need for you to answer. Thanks.
I find it hard to see any usefull meaning from this question.Can you explain what is the purpose of the discussion or is it just a poll?

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
It strikes me that "any sort of belief in the Bible" is a comically low threshold, particularly given that you are less than clear about whose Bible. Mine, for example, says nothing about Jesus.

Last edited:

YoursTrue

It strikes me that "any sort of belief in the Bible" is a comically low threshold, particularly given that you are at less than clear about whose Bible. Mine, for example, says nothing about Jesus.
I said of course because you accept maybe what is called the tanach?