• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm drawing a blank - Toastmasters topic?

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
I guess this is homework, sorta...

So... I'm not sure if I've mentioned this much here, but I'm a Toastmaster. We do all sorts of different speech projects with different objectives. The one I've got to do now is a fact-finding report, and I'm having a really hard time coming up with a topic idea.

I've been doing this for years, and this is the first time I can't think of a topic.

It's gotta be something I can work into a 5 to 7 minute speech, so it has to be something that can be explained pretty quickly. And it's Toastmasters, so the topic should be geared to a general audience and what they consider to be "inflammatory" topics (sex, politics and religion) are supposed to be avoided.

So... anyone have any inspiration? If you had to sit through a fact-finding report presentation, what would you want to hear about?

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Heavy tax subsidies for electric vehicles are misplaced. For the same investment, much
greater reductions in fuel usage can be gotten elsewhere, eg, small turbocharged diesels.
It's quantitative! It's not political!