• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is the evolutionary doctrine a racist doctrine?

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
You may say it's universal, but what do YOU believe about it? And frankly, if Moses got the commandment from God, and told that to the Israelites, what about the creation account?
I believe in honesty and representing science as science overwhelmingly documented by objective verifiable evidence,

OK, you believe in a literal Bible only. Just do not selectively dishonestly cite science and lie, based on intentional ignorant abuse science you do not believe in.

The Pentateuch was compiled after 600 BCE without provenance of authorship, time and origen, It is not reliable as literal historical document. Ypu cannot provide on shred of text evidence of any part of the Pentateuch written before 600 BCE.

Many Christians believe in a non-literal Pentateuch and believe it was written in the worldview of the people at the time.

Last edited:

Pogo

You may say it's universal, but what do YOU believe about it? And frankly, if Moses got the commandment from God, and told that to the Israelites, what about the creation account?
Ok, the golden rule which predates your collection, Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
This in most peoples minds includes not lying which is translated into the ninth in your book.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Ok, the golden rule which predates your collection, Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
This in most peoples minds includes not lying which is translated into the ninth in your book.
You don't believe in the book I give credence to. So?

YoursTrue

I believe in honesty and representing science as science overwhelmingly documented by objective verifiable evidence,
I understand that you believe that. I no longer do, although I did believe it at one time in my life. Now recognizing that one time means a period of time, I won't discuss right now what the 'days' of creation indicate.
OK, you believe in a literal Bible only. Just do not selectively dishonestly cite science and lie, based on intentional ignorant abuse science you do not believe in.
I do not know what you mean by a literal Bible.

Pogo

I understand that you believe that. I no longer do, although I did believe it at one time in my life. Now recognizing that one time means a period of time, I won't discuss right now what the 'days' of creation indicate.

It is not the Bible that is literal, it is your tortured interpretation of it as a literary work.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member

What you believe is a version of the belief in a literal Bible which may involve YEC or OEC beliefs. The rejection of the sciences of evolution is common to both. in terms of the Creation in Genesis, and the rest of the Pentateuch as literal history.

Jehovah Witnesses believe in a version of OEC, but reject evolution

Theistic Evolutionist like my own belief is common in Christianity and believe life evolved over a period of 4 billion years and humanity evolved from primate ancestors over millions of years. Homo sapiens have been around for over 300,000 years.

YoursTrue

We used to be quadrupeds, we are only part way to being efficient at upright walking which is the source of most all back and hip problems, talk to any orthopedist or any doctor who deals with adults.
I believe that one day our bodies and minds will be perfect. There are those who walk upright and are perfectly healthy in their older age. Not too many, but they're there. If I had a choice, which I didn't, I'd still prefer to be a human rather than a quadruped.

YoursTrue

It is not the Bible that is literal, it is your tortured interpretation of it as a literary work.
Yet you talk about my tortured interpretation of it as a literary work. (Whatever does THAT mean?)

YoursTrue

What you believe is a version of the belief in a literal Bible which may involve YEC or OEC beliefs. The rejection of the sciences of evolution is common to both. in terms of the Creation in Genesis, and the rest of the Pentateuch as literal history.

Theistic Evolutionist like my own belief is common in Christianity and believe life evolved over a period of 4 billion years and humanity evolved from primate ancestors over millions of years. Homo sapiens have been around for over 300,000 years.
I don't reject evolution because I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses. I do not accept the theory because of what the Bible says, which is in contradiction to the theory. And the theory itself. And many who call themselves Christian are not believers in the Bahai movement. Do you consider yourself a Christian?

Pogo

And those of us who also understand the evidence behind evolution do not find it necessary to disagree about evolution and save discussion of our differences with theists for a more appropriate place. Your disagreement is with that which has rationally been observed by both theists and non-theists and causes both of us to attempt to educate you in our understanding.

Pogo

I believe that one day our bodies and minds will be perfect. There are those who walk upright and are perfectly healthy in their older age. Not too many, but they're there. If I had a choice, which I didn't, I'd still prefer to be a human rather than a quadruped.
And if evolution continues apace, we may well evolve to no longer suffer from our quadrapedal ancestry and those bone structures that we have that facilitate quadrupedality my well become vestigial.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
I don't reject evolution because I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses. I do not accept the theory because of what the Bible says, which is in contradiction to the theory. And the theory itself. And many who call themselves Christian are not believers in the Bahai movement. Do you consider yourself a Christian?
Why is it you do not hold your interpretations of the Bible to same high standards you hold science to?

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
I share the Theistic Evolution belief with many Christians. I am a Baha'i which accepts the volving spiritual and physical nature of humanity by the evidence.

I do not accept any one of the variable literal beliefs in the Pentateuch for three reasons: (1) It lacks the provenance of authorship, time and textof the narratives written in the context of the culture and history of the time. Nothing datable before 600 BCE when the Hebrew language developed from Canaanite when the Hebrews were pastoral Canaanite tribes in the Hills of Judea, (2} The text of the Pentateuch is an evolved text from Sumerian, Babylonian, and Canaanite/Ugarit known libraries of cuneiform tablets. (3) The documented academic archaeology, history and ALL sciences including the sciences of evolution are in conflict with the text of the Pentateuch.