• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Israel - Gaza - Columbia University

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I saw that one.
Your response was....
"I believe that Israel has the right to persevere and I also believe that Hamas asked for it - begged for it in fact - and that the timing is not accidental. I also notice that you have not answered my question."

It didn't address.....
"Israel (with US aid) is doing far & away the
most killing, now including starvation.
Biden's increasing support for this is bound
to cause tempers to flare, & rhetoric to be
more extreme."
Are you OK with this....denying
it...or disagree with it?"

And it falsely claims that I didn't answer your question.
I've answered "Hamas" 3 times now in 2 different threads.
Read carefully.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I saw that one.
It didn't address.....
"Israel (with US aid) is doing far & away the
most killing, now including starvation.
Biden's increasing support for this is bound
to cause tempers to flare, & rhetoric to be
more extreme."
Are you OK with this....denying
it...or disagree with it?"
It specifically addressed your question - I just didn't fall for the THIS answer or THAT answer thing you tried out on me.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It specifically addressed your question - I just didn't fall for the THIS answer or THAT answer thing you tried out on me.
Your posts are awfully evasive.
And sneaky in how you don't alert me to them.
And spread them across multiple threads.
This is tedious.
Why are you doing it?

Kathryn

Your posts are awfully evasive.
And sneaky in how you don't alert me to them.
And spread them across multiple threads.
This is tedious.
Why are you doing it?
It's just two threads and I'm not trying to be sneaky or evasive. In fact, I've gone back through the two threads and alerted you when the questions I posed were only directed at you, unless you already answered them.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It's just two threads and I'm not trying to be sneaky or evasive. In fact, I've gone back through the two threads and alerted you when the questions I posed were only directed at you, unless you already answered them.
I believe you.
I advise....
- More care to alert posters you address.
- Make clear declarative statements instead of rhetorical questions.
- Answer questions posed to you.

This has seemed that you post at me,
rather than to me with intent to converse.

Kathryn

I believe you.
I advise....
- More care to alert posters you address.
- Make clear declarative statements instead of rhetorical questions.
- Answer questions posed to you.

This has seemed that you post at me,
rather than to me with intent to converse.
Nope, if I am asking a question just for you to answer, I am adding @Revoltingest if you haven't already answered the question and I always answer all questions directed at me.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Nope, if I am asking a question just for you to answer, I am adding @Revoltingest if you haven't already answered the question and I always answer all questions directed at me.
Not my questions.
You responded, but didn't answer.
Even though I've answered every
one of yours....that I've seen.

Kathryn

Not my questions.
You responded, but didn't answer.
Even though I've answered every
one of yours....that I've seen.
I answered, but I am sure you didn't like the answer I gave. You only gave me two options and I answered as I see it.

Kathryn

@Revoltingest, I am trying out this new computer and to be completely honest, I have no idea why sometimes my responses are italicized and sometimes they aren't, but whatever. I guess I am unmotivated to try to figure it out.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
@Revoltingest, I am trying out this new computer and to be completely honest, I have no idea why sometimes my responses are italicized and sometimes they aren't, but whatever. I guess I am unmotivated to try to figure it out.
Obviously, Satan has gained access to many
computers. He disables my <space> bar
regularly. And he inserts the letter "k"
randomly now & then.

libre

Skylark
I find something largely hypocritical that she suggests that anti-Zionists should concern themselves with what Zionism is *to her*, rather than what Zionism is manifesting as as a state project, while she appears completely non-concerned with authentically engaging with the intent of these protestors, making authoritative statements about what these protestors are actually supporting, rather than what they claim to support.

She has made no mention of the demands or even her stance on the war, just asserted her fondness of the Palestinians and her commitment to peace. I don't doubt her sincerity- but these commitments as written lack substance as she doesn't actually say much about what is to be done.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I find something largely hypocritical that she suggests that anti-Zionists should concern themselves with what Zionism is *to her*, rather than what Zionism is manifesting as as a state project, while she appears completely non-concerned with authentically engaging with the intent of these protestors, making authoritative statements about what these protestors are actually supporting, rather than what they claim to support.

She has made no mention of the demands or even her stance on the war, just asserted her fondness of the Palestinians and her commitment to peace. I don't doubt her sincerity- but these commitments as written lack substance as she doesn't actually say much about what is to be done.
I know many Christians & Jews (family members) who
support Israel, but face the cognitive dissonance of
what their faith commands, and their otherwise
liberal views for human rights against genocide.
So they either deflect from the issue, or they
double down on screaming "Anti-Semite!!!!".

It was already tough for them with apartheid, human
rights crimes, & allowing Jewish settlers to rob & kill
Palestinians. It's now much more difficult.

Alien826

No religious beliefs
I see the House has passed a bill, the Antisemitism Awareness Act which reads in part

"certain perception of Jews, which may be expressed as hatred toward Jews." The group adds that "rhetorical and physical manifestations" of antisemitism include such things as calling for the killing or harming of Jews or holding Jews collectively responsible for actions taken by Israel.

It passed with a 320-91 majority. It bothers me a bit, because I have always considered antisemitism to be a dislike or hatred of Jews because they are Jews. I don't consider disapproving of something that Jews DO is antisemitism, unless that disapproval is motivated only by dislike of their "Jewishness".

The reason I emphasize this is that there often arises an inability to criticize a particular group of people, or even an individual, without being accused of being "anti-whatever". I see this as being in a way disrespectful, as it suggests that the particular group needs special protection.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I see this as being in a way disrespectful, as it suggests that the particular group needs special protection.
And that other groups deserve none.
This is clearly how Biden & Congress feel.
It harkens back to....
"The only good Indian is a dead Indian."

Disclaimer:
That quote is posted to illustrate how
some people let hatred guide them.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
They mostly aren't. ( Although pro-Israel demonstrators
are disrupting education with their assault of pro Palestinian
demonstrators.)
However, you might've noticed that Israelis are waging
genocide & starvation against Palestinians (using US bombs)
to destroy hundreds of thousands of Palestinian homes.
This is arguably far far far worse than de minimis property
damage by demonstrators in USA.

Sure, disruption & vandalism are bad things. But what's
wonderful is that these wrongs serve to stop the far
greater evil of US government & Israel.
At this point, I have to come down on the side of Netanyahu being a major part of this terrible stalemate, and he is so because his very position depends utterly on the continued support of some very bad hard-liners in the Knesset. He loses their support, he's no longer PM, and the criminal actions against him will proceed.

And here it is -- Netanyahu has turned down offer after offer, at the behest of this cabal of far-right players, because each and every one of those offers has called for an end to the war itself. Bibi (and cronies) won't accept that. And yet it's the only thing that makes any sense.

Biden, in my opinion, must now make the decision that continued support for Israel is not the same thing as continued support for Netanyahu and his right wing. Or he really might lose the election in November. And that would be catastrophic for your own nation.