• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mayor of Belgium Oversteps Authority

Altfish

Veteran Member

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
It was the Commune of Brussels, I guess.
But the EU is really going to change. Because the next European Commission will be needing the vote of all Conservatives, including the so called "far-right" people...so this old EU is over. It has a month of life, then many people will move to the Caribbean, I guess. :)

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
It was the Commune of Brussels, I guess.
But the EU is really going to change. Because the next European Commission will be needing the vote of all Conservatives, including the so called "far-right" people...so this old EU is over. It has a month of life, then many people will move to the Caribbean, I guess. :)
This has absolutely nothing to do with the EU. In fact, it's barely news.

Mayors, and other local politicians, make such decisions all the time. Be it for political gatherings, raves, gay pride events, what-have-you.
Sometimes, they overstep their jurisdiction or misapply laws at their disposal. If the organizers of the events feel that that is what happened, then they can bring the case to court and then the court will review it and make a ruling. Everyone involved is expected to then follow that ruling.

This is exactly what happened here. The only reason this is considered news (and why it reaches international public) is because in this particular case it involves the highly controversial figures Orban and Farange. That is all.

And I'm not surprised at all that you once again jump on it and abuse it to spew your anti-EU rethoric.
Quite typical if you ask me.