• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Meloni's assault on Italy abortion clinic

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
This article Aborto, via libera del Senato ai volontari "pro-vita" nei consultori: la norma è legge clarifies that regional governments will have the possibility (so it's not compulsory) to hire volunteers, that is pro-life associations professionals, that will try to assist the pregnant woman in the choice. They will not try to dissuade women from having an abortion.

Sorry, but sharing an article in Italian is less than helpful.

Let me return to the euronews article which you find "pretty confusing."

Meloni’s party maintains it does not want to revoke Italy's abortion law, but instead wants to allow "collaboration by suitable groups and voluntary associations so as to help overcome the reasons why a woman might decide to terminate a pregnancy”. [emphasis added - JS]​

It appears that the article is quoting the Brothers of Italy and/or the bill itself, and yet:
  1. You suggest: "regional governments will have the possibility ... to hire volunteers, that is pro-life associations professionals" but you have yet to clarify what qualifies as a pro-life professional.
  2. You argue that "They will not try to dissuade women from having an abortion," while the quote makes clear that the intent of this incursion is "to help overcome the reasons why a woman might decide to terminate a pregnancy."
Finally, in post #16, I ask ...
"why did it require action by Italy's Chamber of Deputies and Senate to enable entry,"​
and you answer ...
"because the law on abortion clearly says that abortion is not a contraceptive method, so it cannot be used irresponsbly and numerous times."​
And you talk about "pretty confusing." :)

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Sorry, but sharing an article in Italian is less than helpful.

Let me return to the euronews article which you find "pretty confusing."

Meloni’s party maintains it does not want to revoke Italy's abortion law, but instead wants to allow "collaboration by suitable groups and voluntary associations so as to help overcome the reasons why a woman might decide to terminate a pregnancy”. [emphasis added - JS]​

It appears that the article is quoting the Brothers of Italy and/or the bill itself, and yet:
  1. You suggest: "regional governments will have the possibility ... to hire volunteers, that is pro-life associations professionals" but you have yet to clarify what qualifies as a pro-life professional.
  2. You argue that "They will not try to dissuade women from having an abortion," while the quote makes clear that the intent of this incursion is "to help overcome the reasons why a woman might decide to terminate a pregnancy."
Finally, in post #16, I ask ...
"why did it require action by Italy's Chamber of Deputies and Senate to enable entry,"​
and you answer ...
"because the law on abortion clearly says that abortion is not a contraceptive method, so it cannot be used irresponsbly and numerous times."​
And you talk about "pretty confusing." :)
I would like to ask you something about certain interesting data.
:)
Aborti chirurgici in Italia
Dati dalle statistiche del Ministero della Salute[37]
197868.6881979187.7521980220.2631981224.3771982234.5931983231.4041984227.8091985210.5971986198.3751987191.469
1988179.1931989171.6841990165.9801991160.5321992152.4241993148.0331994138.9521995139.5491996140.3981997140.525
1998138.3571999139.2132000135.1332001132.2342002134.1062003132.1742004138.1232005132.7902006131.0182007126.562
2008121.3012009116.9332010115.3722011109.5382012103.1912013102.644201496.578201587.639201684.926201780.733

This is taken from wikipedia. Number of aborts performed in Italy from the seventies onward.
as you can see, in 1980 the number of abortions was 220,263. In 2020 it was 66.413.
A significant decrease.

What is it due to, in your opinion? Considering that the birth rate collapse has been significant as well?

A) wiser and more frequent use of contraception
B) more women have decided to keep the baby, in recent years
C) other

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
And I would like you to stay on topic.
It's on topic: that data was meant to show you that these counselling centers or family advice clinics work like a charm.
They provide young women and also adult women with all the information on contraception and on prevention.
So the risk of unwanted pregnancies is almost reduced to zero. :)
The presence of these volunteers will just improve the situation on prevention and contraception.

Last edited:

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Abortion pills you can buy on the Internet.

Ciao

- viole
From that magnificent pharmaceutical company whose name is that of a Bundesland.
:)
They work like a charm. Hormonal pills who reduce the risk of unwanted pregnancies this zero.

I also used a Swiss brand pills.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
Do these pro life counselors get a commission from adoption agencies for convincing women to give birth in order for the baby to be adopted? What is the demand vs the available supply? More than 10 to 1?

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Do these pro life counselors get a commission from adoption agencies for convincing women to give birth in order for the baby to be adopted? What is the demand vs the available supply? More than 10 to 1?
Exactly. They show them alternative solutions like giving the baby for adoption.
But they can't force her to carry out a pregnancy. It's illegal. The choice is hers.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
It's on topic: that data was meant to show you that these counselling centers or family advice clinics works like a charm.
Therefore?

To the extent that this was true, it was true before changing the law to facilitate the incursion of so-called pro-life apologists.

To the extent that even a single woman feels bullied by this incursion, or avoids these clinics in order to avoid such confrontation, it is shameful.

crossfire

Premium Member
Exactly. They show them alternative solutions like giving the baby for adoption.
But they can't force her to carry out a pregnancy. It's illegal. The choice is hers.
Is this the only place where abortions are available, or is this just a counseling center?

Here, we would have pro life "clinics' pretending to be "clinics" by advertising free pregnancy tests. When women found out what they were, they would walk around with signs saying "Fake Clinc" so all the other women in the area would know.

crossfire

Premium Member
If this is taking place in actually medical clinics, these "counselors" MUST NOT be allowed access to the women's medical records.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
If this is taking place in actually medical clinics, these "counselors" MUST NOT be allowed access to the women's medical records.
Ok...it's my fault because I was taking for granted that you guys knew that a woman, before the medical procedure (whether it's through abortion pill or surgery) must (by law) undergo a psychological visit. A professional will show her the available options and will investigate on the pregnancy.
How it happened. Whether there was rape, or not (so the perpetrator will not get away with it) and whether she used contraceptives, or not.

A girl confessed on national TV that these visits are very traumatic. She had to have an abortion and a woman in her sixties, with big, green eyes asked her the most embarassing and private question on the sexual act. And why she hadn't used a contraceptive.

I guess there will be pro-life associations who will have the chance to work in this pre-abortion procedure.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Ok...it's my fault because I was taking for granted that you guys knew that a woman, before the medical procedure (whether it's through abortion pill or surgery) must (by law) undergo a psychological visit. A professional will show her the available options and will investigate on the pregnancy.
How it happened. Whether there was rape, or not (so the perpetrator will not get away with it) and whether she used contraceptives, or not.

A girl confessed on national TV that these visits are very traumatic. She had to have an abortion and a woman in her sixties, with big, green eyes asked her the most embarassing and private question on the sexual act. And why she hadn't used a contraceptive.

I guess there will be pro-life associations who will have the chance to work in this pre-abortion procedure.

It sounds pretty pro-life already though, so what is this intended to add?

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
It sounds pretty pro-life already though, so what is this intended to add?
The original law was meant to discourage abortion by pushing women to use as many contraceptive methods as possible, because the procedure is complex and not pleasant at all (I mean the psychological visit).
These pro-life associations, I guess, will push women to think again, and show them that they can give their baby for adoption.