• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

On Awareness-Proactivity and Unconsciousness-Ego-Reactivity...

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Perhaps its a shame I hadn't gotten into acting when I was young and pretty... perhaps I missed my calling. ;)
I sure would have liked to see you in place of Kate Winslet, but that life also has its own problems (although Kate has not been involved in any major controversy).

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
Why did you act like a film star? You are not one. The best answer that I will suggest is this prayer (I may not be quotng the exact words) : "God give me strength to change what I can and accept that which I cannot change."

And the wisdom to know the difference. :D

ajay0

"Mindfulness gives you time. Time gives you choices. Choices, skillfully made, lead to freedom. You don't have to be swept away by your feeling. You can respond with wisdom and kindness rather than habit and reactivity." ~ Bhante Henepola Gunaratana

It is common for us to react emotionally and instantly to sensory stimuli or our inner likes and dislikes, rather than consciously and patiently crafting a mature response instead.

This is due to the influence of our vasanas or past unconscious impressions which determine our likes and dislikes, amplified by habit as cravings and aversions at present.

Where there are cravings and aversions, there is no mental equanimity and awareness. Regression in one's professional and personal life, disharmony, crimes, conflict and war all stem from one's cravings and aversions which prompt an emotional reaction rather than a intelligent response.

Present moment awareness or mindfulness helps one to override any regressive emotional reaction, and instead respond with calmness and positivity. This brings about intelligent actions that create balance and overall progress in our lives.