• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Online Reference: FAQs and tutorials on the Theory of Evolution

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Farmall F12 like this one for me.
(Albeit un-restored)
ga0416-238305_1.jpg

Tractors have evolved a long way since prehistoric times.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Really?

I would say instead that it is pointing out an unfortunate lack of epistemological seriousness in casual discourse.

Our communities go out of their ways in order to lend prestige to straws of belief and waste obscene amounts of attention and emotional energy in order to protect them.
Interesting, but I do not believe this addresses the problem of using the anecdotal description of evolution as a "fact." The use is a bit misleading.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Is it? Why?
The proper definition of a 'fact' is objective verifiable evidence that does not change. The sciences Evolution change and evolve with newknowledge. The misuse of the term gives those that reject evolution a crack to justify their objections.

The sciences of evolution is NOT a "fact." You may say the sciences of evolution are "fact" based.

Last edited:

Pogo

The proper definition of a 'fact' is objective verifiable evidence that does not change. The sciences Evolution change and evolve with newknowledge. The misuse of the term gives those that reject evolution a crack to justify their objections.

The sciences of evolution is NOT a "fact." You may say the sciences of evolution are "fact" based.
Evolution in the sense of changes of allele freqency and other measures is a fact, the science or theory is not, This is only relevant when arguing with deniers.