• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Over 100 tornado's reported in 72 hours(Fri-Sun

We Never Know

No Slack
These pictures are of Sulphur Oklahoma that had the whole town pretty much wiped out.
It amazes me how a tornado can take the front of the building off but leave the clothes still hanging on their rack.

IMG_20240429_174500.jpg

IMG_20240429_174446.jpg

Last edited:

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
It has been a very active season.

I've taken to watching storm chasing live streams in the evenings on YouTube and saw the raw footage of one of the most unique tornadoes I've ever seen moving through Westmoreland, KS last evening. It completely destroyed the house the chasers did search and rescue on after the tornado passed.

Here is the uploaded footage from chaser's stream...

We Never Know

No Slack

I've taken to watching storm chasing live streams in the evenings on YouTube and saw the raw footage of one of the most unique tornadoes I've ever seen moving through Westmoreland, KS last evening. It completely destroyed the house the chasers did search and rescue on after the tornado passed.

Yeah its been crazy. The dubbed tornado alley seems to be shifting/growing.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member

I used to play tornado footage for Ares when he was younger at bedtime... it'd lull him to sleep.

Only for a kid named Ares would chaos and destruction lull to sleep...

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
For those for whom tornados are a reasonable possibility, how is it generally handled in your region?

When my husband moved here, he didn't seem to understand what they were.

Most around here go outside and look when we hear the warning sirens go off.

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
For those for whom tornados are a reasonable possibility, how is it generally handled in your region?

When my husband moved here, he didn't seem to understand what they were.

Most around here go outside and look when we hear the warning sirens go off.
The first priority is making sure everyone in my charge is aware of where the safe space is.

If it's light out, I'll wander out to investigate. If it's dark out or there's a chance it's rain-wrapped, I stay in the safe space.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
The first priority is making sure everyone in my charge is aware of where the safe space is.

If it's light out, I'll wander out to investigate. If it's dark out or there's a chance it's rain-wrapped, I stay in the safe space.
Have you got a lot of people to get to safety, generally?