• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Polyamory

Heyo

Veteran Member
I always found it amusing when polyamourous relationships fail everyone blames it on polyamoury. But monogamous relationships fail all the time no one blames monogamy
From the very small sample size I wouldn't draw conclusions but in my experience open and polyamorous relationships fail only slightly less often than monogamous relationships.

PureX

Veteran Member
Does it work?

Can clear communication and the establishment of boundaries lead to successful relationships of the polygamous variety?

Or is it a hippie pipe dream of Love for All.
It can and does for some. But not for most people. Maintaining a single monogamous relationship is too hard for a lot of people, and is plenty hard enough for most. Complicating it exponentially by adding a third person, or more, is far beyond the capacity of most of us to deal with.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
As a faithful Christian I believe it's possible that everyone will be polyamorous in Heaven. :)

Luke 20:34
Jesus replied, “The people of this age marry and are given in marriage.
*Informative*
Proverbs 5:18-19 English Standard Version 2016 (ESV)
Let your fountain be blessed, and rejoice in the wife of your youth, a lovely deer, a graceful doe. Let her breasts fill you at all times with delight; be intoxicated always in her love.

*Friendly*

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
It may work. Probably not for me, but I would like to relive a threesome from when I was younger. Though I may be too old for that now.

Isabella Lecour

Does it work?

Well, that depends on what you define as "it worked." I feel that really needs to be defined as they sort of set the limits of what all the relationships are and where everyone belongs as their life roles to each other.
My markers for saying it worked.
No body divorces due to these relationships. (preserve the sanity of family for the children)
Everyone feeling more happy than sad about the relationships. (the more good than bad in the love tank)
Making life changes accepted gracefully. (no abusive reactions to change or breakups)

I am married and was part of a throuple for seven and half years and my partners were married. They are divorcing now. Turns out, I was the glue holding them together. I count that as a success for the relationship, while it lasted.

Can communications and boundaries help towards success?

Yes. If you haven't heard of the book The Ethical ****, check it out. The single biggest thing I think is, having partners willing to sit down and have those difficult conversations, as many times as it's needed, when it's needed know they will be seen for the efforts they make.

edit to note: that's quite interesting there is a language filter. So look up books by Dossie Easton and Janet Hardy instead.

Last edited: