• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Quick Eats

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Lunchtime is quick eats time (usually)

Today it's a slice of thick cut smoked ham, lettuce and coleslaw on a 6 inch length of baguette..

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
Quick no-cook meal or snack: cottage cheese with freshly ground pepper and a sliced pear (also with pepper.) Add some rye crisp for a bit more substance if desired.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Quick no-cook meal or snack: cottage cheese with freshly ground pepper and a sliced pear (also with pepper.) Add some rye crisp for a bit more substance if desired.

Fresh ground pepper is lovely on strawberries too. It brings out the flavour wonderfully

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
th

Seriously. With all the different nut butters around these days, this old classic is just the best.
Sorry but I really hate the consistency of celery!

ChristineM

Premium Member

If you peel off the stringy stuff and sprinkle a bit of salt and pepper it becomes really quite palatable.

Also good in sauces, it reduces to nothing but flavour.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
If you peel off the stringy stuff and sprinkle a bit of salt and pepper it becomes really quite palatable.

Also good in sauces, it reduces to nothing but flavour.
I am not going to go through all that trouble, sorry. Not for something I really don't much care for anyway. There are lots of other options out there! I don't buy celery and literally never miss it.

Last edited:

ChristineM

Premium Member
I am not going to go through all that trouble, sorry. Not for something I really don't much care for anyway. There are lots of other options out there! I don't buy celery and literally never miss it.

Just a suggestion.

ChristineM

Premium Member
For lunch

Toast, melt slices of compte (or other cheese) on it. Add a slice of ham.

Less than 5 minutes ..

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Haha... that's fair.

Something I have learned about produce though after years of getting local produce is there is often a big difference in quality and even consistency depending on where something was grown and how far it had to get to meet your table. Plus, new cultivars have changed things up a bit too creating differences that won't always be advertised well.

I remember as a kid a lot of the grocery store celery would be very stringy. I hated that. It'd get stuck in your teeth and it was uncomfortable. But the stuff I get organic grown at the co-op and from farmer's market doesn't do that at all. I dunno if it's the variety or what, but it's great.

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
Slice of bread, slice of sharp cheddar, slice of Gouda, slice of Swiss, slice of habanero jack, dollop of sriracha sauce, slice of bread.

< 1 minute