• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Redemption -- means?

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
What do you think redemption means in reference to a messianic concept or deliverance? According to one dictionary, redemption is:
  1. the action of saving or being saved from sin, error, or evil.
    "God's plans for the redemption of his world"
  2. 2. the action of regaining or gaining possession of something in exchange for payment, or clearing a debt.
    "the peasants found the terms of redemption unattractive"

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't really know. It's not something that comes up in some forms of theism, my own included.

I suppose if I interpret "messiah" as a "chosen one" it could refer to those called deeply to serve a specific god and doing penance for acting in a fashion that is violation of the virtues and auspices of that god. For example, say a Chosen of the Green fails to convince the city council to stop destroying a local forest preserve (or worse, encourages the destruction of the sacred green), the Chosen would need to pay recompense for their failure to serve?

Pogo

What do you think redemption means in reference to a messianic concept or deliverance? According to one dictionary, redemption is:
  1. the action of saving or being saved from sin, error, or evil.
    "God's plans for the redemption of his world"
  2. 2. the action of regaining or gaining possession of something in exchange for payment, or clearing a debt.
    "the peasants found the terms of redemption unattractive"
This is what I grew up for Redemption.
220px-%27OUT_OF_GAS%27_SIGNS_HAVE_CROPPED_UP_ALL_OVER_THE_PORTLAND_AREA_etc_NARA_-_548174_%28Ke4roh_restore%29.jpg

Collect your stamps and get enough and get a reward,
definition 1 for "good Christians".