• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rishi Sunak

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
The NHS has seen better days, it's true.

I just can't understand why it's so bad now, after 13 years of being chronically mismanaged by people ideologically opposed to public services, who've been taking millions of pounds from private healthcare insurers and providers for decades. A real mystery.
Its mismanagement comes from people within the service. I don't know why Brits are so desperate to blame anything except the NHS for why the NHS is ****. It's because it has too much administration. I work with the NHS as a domestic assistant and I am treated like crap by half the people who work there, the NHS staff. They always find something to complain about the work I've done and they did it to the poor girl who worked in that area before me, which is the reason she transferred to another department. If anything goes wrong they blame the people below them, as I've experienced first hand. Nobody takes any responsibility.

So **** them.

Last edited:

Yerda

Veteran Member
Its mismanagement comes from people within the service. I don't know why Brits are so desperate to blame anything except the NHS for why the NHS is ****. It's because it has too much administration. I work with the NHS as a domestic assistant and I am treated like crap by half the people who work there, the NHS staff. They lie about the work I've done and gaslight me and they did it to the poor girl who worked in that area before me, which is the reason she transferred to another department. If anything goes wrong they blame the people below them, as I've experienced first hand. Nobody takes any responsibility.

So **** them.
Ok, first then, working in any environment where you aren't treated fairly and with dignity is a form of misery I wouldn't wish on anyone. Please, get yourself out of there.

Each NHS trust is a large service provider that does require considerable administration. Nothing about switching to a private or mixed system would change that. If you've ever worked for a large corporation you'll have seen that entities of a certain size require many layer of middle management, HR and other administrative roles.

The "too much administration" line is a glaringly obvious red herring. I can understand why a conservative might fall for this nonsense, but every one else can draw a clear line from the writings of tories on how to destroy effective public services, to the large donations from private health providers and insurers to a decade and a half of legislation ****ing our health care. We've had every major medical association telling us exactly what was happening from 2010 onward. Now that exactly what they have said was going to happen is happening we're going to blame it "administration"?

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
The NHS has seen better days, it's true.

I just can't understand why it's so bad now, after 13 years of being chronically mismanaged by people ideologically opposed to public services, who've been taking millions of pounds from private healthcare insurers and providers for decades. A real mystery.
It shall remain a mystery forever. Got to be a top priority for the Labour goverment (yes, I'm counting my chickens).

Yerda

Veteran Member
It shall remain a mystery forever. Got to be a top priority for the Labour goverment (yes, I'm counting my chickens).
If we take a look at the people Wes Streeting is in cahoots with, I'm going to guess that they just continue what the tories are doing.

Yerda

Veteran Member
In January 2022 and April 2023, Streeting accepted donations of £15,000 from hedge fund boss John Armitage for ‘staffing costs’ in his office. Armitage’s interests include a stake, reportedly worth in excess of $500 million, in US private health insurance giant UnitedHealth, America’s largest health insurer.

But this is far from Streeting’s only link to private healthcare interests. Campaign group EveryDoctor also raised questions over donations from Peter Hearn, a majority shareholder in a recruitment agency which works with private healthcare companies, and his affiliated company MPM Connect Ltd. One of these donations topped £80,000, the group said, while another ran close to £50,000.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
I personally often choose to be homeless. It is my choice.
Do you mean you choose to use hostels? Care to share?

I used to chat with a homeless guy in town and eventually he managed to get himself (and his dog) a flat. I saw him a few weeks later back on the streets and he'd given the flat up - said he couldn't cope with the hassle. I don't know if some more support was needed or what, but it seemed an odd decision to me...?

Yerda

Veteran Member
Do you mean you choose to use hostels? Care to share?

I used to chat with a homeless guy in town and eventually he managed to get himself (and his dog) a flat. I saw him a few weeks later back on the streets and he'd given the flat up - said he couldn't cope with the hassle. I don't know if some more support was needed or what, but it seemed an odd decision to me...?
I was being sarcastic, man. Just not very good at it.#

Also, good God no, I'm a housecat. I'm cold just thinking about people living in tents.

Calling homelessness a "lifestyle choice" is risible nonsense and in a sensible country Suella Braverman would be soundly ridiculed every time she made a public appearance. It is nuts that UK politics is about 90% people pretending to either not believe something obvious or pretending not to understand something they understand completely.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
I was being sarcastic, man. Just not very good at it.#

Also, good God no, I'm a housecat. I'm cold just thinking about people living in tents.

Calling homelessness a "lifestyle choice" is risible nonsense and in a sensible country Suella Braverman would be soundly ridiculed every time she made a public appearance. It is nuts that UK politics is about 90% people pretending to either not believe something obvious or pretending not to understand something they understand completely.
I think he makes a good point about the BBC's use and non-use of the term "far right."

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
WOW! This is fantastic reading. Far right racist **** (sacked TWICE in one year).....

"Suella Braverman has launched a full-scale attack on her old boss Rishi Sunak, a day after he sacked her as home secretary.
In a blistering letter to the prime minister, she said he had repeatedly failed on key policies and broken pledges over immigration."

- Suella Braverman accuses Rishi Sunak of betrayal in scathing resignation letter

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
- If Rish! makes a speech and no one is there to hear it, has he made a speech? | John Crace

"The resets, relaunches – call them what you like – come thick and fast these days. Scarcely a week goes by without the government making some new announcement. Usually one that demands total amnesia of anything that might have been announced previously. Because it’s odds on to be contradictory. But every day is now a potential year zero. A day when time can start again. When Rishi Sunak can be adored as he deserves to be."

JIMMY12345

What are your thoughts on his tenure so far?
A ok. He seems genuinely believe in the NHS etc. Keir Starmer the Labour candidate and Mr Sunak are both gentleman and highly educated.They both keep low profiles.They both just get on silently with the job with minimal fuss and publicity.Mr Sunak has so much money he is one of the few honest politicians.
All the parties are run by money men who have no real interest in labour.

That said I think Trump for USA and Starmer for UK in 2024.

There will be no difference as jobs have exited due to to cheap labour abroad.However people have short memories and will vote for change.Politicians seeking to be elected .Only have to promise to deliver.They do not have to actually deliver once safely in power.
People are rattled by the cost of living increase and will vote for change.Even if they know in their hearts nothing will change for the majority.

Mr Sunak should enjoy his time on the golf course.He has done his bit.Now his time to enjoy life and family.

JIMMY12345

He has just condemned the UK Scandal.He needs to go further and gee
He has just said how bad the UK Post office scandal is.He needs to give more resources to the Metropolitan Police and Fraud investigation teams.Mr Kier Starmer (Labour) was former Director of Public Prosecutions and a very good lawyer and will likely be next PM.However he is quiet on this topic unlike Mr Sunak (Conservative).