• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Russian Philosopher Aleksandr Dugin

Copernicus

Industrial Strength Linguist
It is worth getting another perspective on Tucker Carlson's interview with an infamous crackpot, who would be in good company with some of the racist crackpots in Hitler's Germany. The main difference from the Nazi crackpots is that they supported the supremacy of the German state over it neighbors, whereas Dugin supports the supremacy of the Russian state over its neighbors. Of course, Biden has not banned Dugin's books in the US, because it is quite legal to sell them here and he has no power to ban them. However, the US has imposed sanctions on Dugin for his role in Putin's illegal invasion, so it may be that some Russian companies are not allowed to sell them in the US. I have no doubt that they can be found easily online and in some academic libraries.

See:

Tucker Carlson Posts Deranged Interview With ‘Putin’s Brain’

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
It is worth getting another perspective on Tucker Carlson's interview with an infamous crackpot, who would be in good company with some of the racist crackpots in Hitler's Germany. The main difference from the Nazi crackpots is that they supported the supremacy of the German state over it neighbors, whereas Dugin supports the supremacy of the Russian state over its neighbors. Of course, Biden has not banned Dugin's books in the US, because it is quite legal to sell them here and he has no power to ban them. However, the US has imposed sanctions on Dugin for his role in Putin's illegal invasion, so it may be that some Russian companies are not allowed to sell them in the US. I have no doubt that they can be found easily online and in some academic libraries.

See:

So what do you think of his portrayal of Anglo Saxon political individualism and Hollywood's scifi films like Matrix?

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Btw, warning to anyone of the 'woke' culture, you may find this video triggering. Nevertheless you should still watch it through as he offers a reasonable explanation of the unfolding process behind present emerging woke culture and where it is taking humanity beyond woke..

Copernicus

So what do you think of his portrayal of Anglo Saxon political individualism and Hollywood's scifi films like Matrix?

I think that you are correct to characterize it as "political" and incorrect to have posted this thread in the Philosophy forum. Dugin was a Russian political dissident during the Soviet period. That is what he was primarily known for before Putin. Since Putin became the Russian dictator, Dugin has been know for promoting racist ethnocentric political screeds. His nonsensical stereotyping of "Anglo Saxons" is typical of his ethnocentric nonsense--not much different from German Nazis burbling on about Aryans and non-Aryans.

Btw, warning to anyone of the 'woke' culture, you may find this video triggering. Nevertheless you should still watch it through as he offers a reasonable explanation of the unfolding process behind present emerging woke culture and where it is taking humanity beyond woke..

Anyone 'woke' enough to be triggered is probably thoroughly familiar with what to expect from the guy that was so wacky that even Fox News ended up having to fire him. As Mitch McConnell said in response to his Russian interviews, Russia is an appropriate place for Carlson to be.

Senator McConnell Blames Tucker Carlson for Demonization of Ukraine

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
I think that you are correct to characterize it as "political" and incorrect to have posted this thread in the Philosophy forum. Dugin was a Russian political dissident during the Soviet period. That is what he was primarily known for before Putin. Since Putin became the Russian dictator, Dugin has been know for promoting racist ethnocentric political screeds. His nonsensical stereotyping of "Anglo Saxons" is typical of his ethnocentric nonsense--not much different from German Nazis burbling on about Aryans and non-Aryans.

Anyone 'woke' enough to be triggered is probably thoroughly familiar with what to expect from the guy that was so wacky that even Fox News ended up having to fire him. As Mitch McConnell said in response to his Russian interviews, Russia is an appropriate place for Carlson to be.

Senator McConnell Blames Tucker Carlson for Demonization of Ukraine

Did you actually watch the video, he is correct to call out the US, Canada, UK, Australia, and NZ as the main countries in the world that have embraced woke culture, and I agree with his understanding of the evolution of it to now, and where it is going next.

Copernicus

Did you actually watch the video, he is correct to call out the US, Canada, UK, Australia, and NZ as the main countries in the world that have embraced woke culture, and I agree with his understanding of the evolution of it to now, and where it is going next.

Not the whole thing. I really can't stomach much of Tucker Carlson, but I probably last longer than most 'woke' people. In Russia, the guy would be labeled 'некультурный' (uncultured) by 'woke' Russians (i.e. educated ones), of which I have known a fair number. Carlson is nothing but a Putin stooge these days.

See:

Tucker Carlson Slammed Over Interview With Putin Ally With Neo-Fascist Ties

In the interview—released online by the Tucker Carlson Network and posted on X, formerly Twitter—Dugin, long close to Russian President Vladimir Putin and considered by some his ideological "brain," railed against what he called "Anglo-Saxon" individualism and said Western liberal values would destroy "human identity."

Last edited:

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Not the whole thing. I really can't stomach much of Tucker Carlson, but I probably last longer than most 'woke' people. In Russia, the guy would be labeled 'некультурный' (uncultured) by 'woke' Russians (i.e. educated ones), of which I have known a fair number. Carlson is nothing but a Putin stooge these days.

See:

Tucker Carlson Slammed Over Interview With Putin Ally With Neo-Fascist Ties

Ok, I understand the reason for your bias wrt Aleksandr Dugin and Tucker as a member of woke culture, but as a religious devotee, I think Putin who is also a religious devotee, is not the terrible person woke anglo saxon western msm make him out to be. :D

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Ok, I understand the reason for your bias wrt Aleksandr Dugin and Tucker as a member of woke culture, but as a religious devotee, I think Putin who is also a religious devotee, is not the terrible person woke anglo saxon western msm make him out to be. :D
That shows amazing creativity from you.

Congratulations of a very specific sort are in order. Savor them. I am not going to give them again very often at all.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member

See:

Honestly, and I say with a heavy heart...it bothers me that Americans claim they know Europeans.
And by Europeans I mean continental Europe, the EU.

Russia is part of Europe. It's a fundamental part of the European civilization.
And that invisible wall that the Americans have built, dividing Russia from the rest of Europe will soon be demolished.
The victory belongs to us. :)

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
"Victory" is just too weird a word to use to that mishappen wreck that Dugin and others dream about.

Copernicus

You may think that, but that just tells me that you don't know Putin or Dugin at all. There is a reason why they call Dugin "Putin's Brain" and why Tucker Carlson chose to interview Dugin after his journey to Russia to kiss Putin's ring. Dugin was a dissident during the Soviet era, but he is a jingoistic Russian ultranationalist under the present authoritarian regime. Again, this thread belongs in the Politics forum, not in the Philosophy forum.

Honestly, and I say with a heavy heart...it bothers me that Americans claim they know Europeans.
And by Europeans I mean continental Europe, the EU.

Russia is part of Europe. It's a fundamental part of the European civilization.
And that invisible wall that the Americans have built, dividing Russia from the rest of Europe will soon be demolished.
The victory belongs to us. :)

I don't for a second believe that you know Europeans better than the Europeans that passionately oppose your rightwing ultranationalist politics. You can wrap yourself up in the EU flag all you want, but that doesn't make you a representative of EU politics or the majority of those who live in EU countries. As for Russia, it has been at war with European nations for centuries, but you don't seem to be very knowledgeable about European or American history. The US is not even a party to the Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court that has indicted Putin for war crimes. The US voted against it. It is the EU, not America, that backs up the ICC.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I don't for a second believe that you know Europeans better than the Europeans that passionately oppose your rightwing ultranationalist politics. You can wrap yourself up in the EU flag all you want, but that doesn't make you a representative of EU politics or the majority of those who live in EU countries.
Exactly. But logic says that democratically, the so called "ultranationalists" can be elected as MEPs and the old EU inhabited by the technocratic élites will be undone, and replaced with another one. Democracy. ;)
As for Russia, it has been at war with European nations for centuries, but you don't seem to be very knowledgeable about European or American history.
I assure you that my country has always loved the Russian culture. We were forced by a madman called Hitler to fight against Russia, when he had assured us that Russia was an ally, through the Molotov-Von Ribbentrop pact.
We were duped. Just that.
But we have been at peace with Russia for 80 years...I can promise you that. ;)

The US is not even a party to the Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court that has indicted Putin for war crimes.
When the ICC condemns what was done in Libya by the NATO, it will start having a minimum of juridical credibility in my eyes. :)
Not before that happens.
Double standards is against the law.
The US voted against it. It is the EU, not America, that backs up the ICC.
The EU is an elitist circle that has nothing to do with the people.

Copernicus

Estro, you do not speak for Italy any more than you speak for the EU. You are just an individual who lives in an EU country and has strong opinions about politics. It doesn't matter what you think about the ICC, it is still strongly backed by the EU. As for Italy, you really need to look into the possibility that Hitler and Mussolini had a love affair back in the day, not Stalin and Mussolini. Both Hitler and Stalin knew that they were going to be at war eventually with each other when they signed the short-lived Molotov-Ribbentrop pact, but Stalin was thinking that Hitler would be too preoccupied with its Western Front to torch their temporary agreement so soon. Italian troops invaded Soviet territory and Russia along with the Nazis. Seriously. You need to crack a book on European history and learn the facts.

See:

Italian Army in Russia

The Italian Army in Russia (Italian: Armata Italiana in Russia; ARMIR) was an army-sized unit of the Regio Esercito (Royal Italian Army) which fought on the Eastern Front during World War II between July 1942 and April 1943. The ARMIR was also known as the 8th Italian Army and initially had 235,000 soldiers. The bulk of this force was destroyed by the Soviet Red Army at the Battle of Stalingrad, after which Mussolini withdrew the remnants from Russia to the West.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Estro, you do not speak for Italy any more than you speak for the EU. You are just an individual who lives in an EU country and has strong opinions about politics. It doesn't matter what you think about the ICC, it is still strongly backed by the EU. As for Italy, you really need to look into the possibility that Hitler and Mussolini had a love affair back in the day, not Stalin and Mussolini. Both Hitler and Stalin knew that they were going to be at war eventually with each other when they signed the short-lived Molotov-Ribbentrop pact, but Stalin was thinking that Hitler would be too preoccupied with its Western Front to torch their temporary agreement so soon. Italian troops invaded Soviet territory and Russia along with the Nazis.

See:

Italian Army in Russia

I would like to know what WW2 has to do with the Ukrainian-Russian conflict, honestly.
Or with Aleksandr Dugin, who speaks of the 21st century.
Merci beaucoup. :)

Copernicus

I would like to know what WW2 has to do with the Ukrainian-Russian conflict, honestly.
Or with Aleksandr Dugin, who speaks of the 21st century.
Merci beaucoup. :)

Honestly, if you understood anything about the politics of that war, you would hear the word "Nazi" a lot. Are you not paying attention? Aleksandr Dugin was historically a Soviet Dissident in the 20th century, not the 21st century. Pay attention.

Prego. :)

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Honestly, if you understood anything about the politics of that war, you would hear the word "Nazi" a lot. Are you not paying attention? Aleksandr Dugin was historically a Soviet Dissident in the 20th century, not the 21st century. Pay attention.

Prego. :)
In the 21st century the words Soviet or Nazi are just propaganda. They mean nothing.
I speak of an elitist cabal of warmongers who colonized Ukraine in order to turn it into a anti-Russian military base, meant to wage war against the czar, and to dethrone him,

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
You may think that, but that just tells me that you don't know Putin or Dugin at all. There is a reason why they call Dugin "Putin's Brain" and why Tucker Carlson chose to interview Dugin after his journey to Russia to kiss Putin's ring. Dugin was a dissident during the Soviet era, but he is a jingoistic Russian ultranationalist under the present authoritarian regime. Again, this thread belongs in the Politics forum, not in the Philosophy forum.
I have watched Putin's position on dealing with NATO for many years, and it has been quite impressive, given that he is dealing with the Beast of Revelation. I do my own assessment as to who is the aggressor in Europe (and the world for that matter), and it has not been Russia, it has been NATO. I also do my own assessment as to culture, and 'woke' is a Satanic influence imho.

Copernicus

In the 21st century the words Soviet or Nazi are just propaganda. They mean nothing.

Only for those in the 21st century who are ignorant of history.

I speak of an elitist cabal of warmongers who colonized Ukraine in order to turn it into a anti-Russian military base, meant to wage war against the czar, and to dethrone him,

I guess that 'czar' is one of those words that mean nothing in the 21st century. ;)

I have watched Putin's position on dealing with NATO for many years, and it has been quite impressive, given that he is dealing with the Beast of Revelation. I do my own assessment as to who is the aggressor in Europe (and the world for that matter), and it has not been Russia, it has been NATO. I also do my own assessment as to culture, and 'woke' is a Satanic influence imho.

I can see that you've got this all figured out. o_O I'll just leave you and Estro to enjoy each other's company now.