• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Shallow Revenge vs True Revenge

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I get that, but human history suggests it’s not going away. We must consciously navigate through to the other side.
Humans will always display a large range of feelings and activities spurred by them, but I'd rather not encourage the negative ones.

Koldo

Outstanding Member
The claim is if you pursue true revenge (filtered through justice) to its end, eventually it leads to a self-transformation where the desire for revenge is ultimately fulfilled and never to return. It’s a faith claim, I realize, but without this belief, all we have is a never ending game of tit-for-tat in an unjust world.

But that's indeed what we have.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
Yes, #3 filters the desire for revenge through justice. I can see the conflict between 1 and 3. Maybe 1 isn’t even necessary. Thanks for the feedback.
It's also more conducive for self-transformation: transforming anger into clear thinking and problem solving. This also makes you less vulnerable to fall for a taunt.

☆Dreamwind☆

My personal takes on revenge are:

They should be short, sweet, and proportional to the wrongs done. If it's creative, that's even better. Once it's done, that's it! Don't engage with them anymore if possible.

You should never let on that you were the one who-dunnit. Because depending on the method of your retaliation, you could get into a buttload of legal trouble.

Your revenge should never harm the innocent and uninvolved, that are connected to the person you hate.

Last edited: