• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The de-transition movement has reached Germany

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
There is no zero in medicine. Someone will habe regrets, someone will have side effects. Doesn't matter the treatment or ailmemt.

With all due respect, I don't want to criticize the United Stated. I really don't.
But that's the failure or permissivism and liberalism.

Because in my country (that people call fascistic because anything is controlled by the State), you need a psychiatric expertise to undergo both the HRT and the surgery . To verify gender dysphoria is not caused by bipolarism or other psychiatric disorders.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
For more understanding

Here's some perspective for how stupid this is. The rates are much higher for knee replacement.
Of the 348 patients who responded to a letter asking if they were satisfied or dissatisfied with their surgery, 61 (18%) reported discontent.
Previous studies have shown 6–30% of patients are dissatisfied after the surgery,
In Sweden, about 8% of patients without documented complications are non-satisfied

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Here's some perspective for how stupid this is. The rates are much higher for knee replacement.
Honestly I know no transwoman who regretted vaginoplasty. Quite the opposite.
Because physicians certify people's convictions, first.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
With all due respect, I don't want to criticize the United Stated. I really don't.
But that's the failure or permissivism and liberalism.
You can't give an accurate criticizim of something if you don't know ****s from dildos about it. And it's not just America but also healthcare.

Last edited by a moderator:

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
You can't give an accurate criticizim of something if you don't know dicks from dildos about it. And it's not just America but also healthcare.
It's a fact that anything is private and privatized in the US.
The State couldn't care less what American citizens do with their own body.

There's also a very private vision of sex and sexuality, in the US.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
It's a fact that anything is private in the US.
:facepalm:Seriously, where in the bluest of blue hells do you get your info about America? You should probably entirely cut this source out of your life because you are consitenly wrong and just as wrong if I said Osaka is a tiny farming village in Germany and the Germans don't like beer, cheese or chocolate and say dia dhuit before fighting and topless women on TV are strictly prohibited.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Did you know that psychiatrists are physicians?
They go thru medical school, just like other docs.
They prescribe drugs, including for transition.
And they can refer clients to a surgeon to complete the process.

How did he feel about Putin?

That is both true and technically false.
Hormones are actually a general part of medicine in general, so psychiatrists can prescribe hormones for various health issues. Indeed they’re used for various health issues in cis gendered people, including children. Have been for decades.

Interestingly the medical community is asking whether or not phsyhiatrists should be included in the professionals who currently prescribe hormones or more specifically gender affirming care. The studies I’ve seen all seem to favour this inclusion, arguing that since a psychiatrist would be able to diagnose such situations with high competency, them being able to give such prescriptions would not only be safe, it would also make such care much easier to access. Which is considered a net benefit

How about not blabbering about what you don't know?
Psychiatrists don't handle HRT, no. That would be an endocrinologist or a GP. :rolleyes:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
They just prescribe psych drugs. It's funny how people want to jump you at times when they don't even have their own facts straight. :rolleyes:
Estro claimed it was just endos.
Amd before you tell others to get their facts straight make sure your own are straight. Psychiatrists can prescribe more than psychotropic meds (inckuding hormones). It's a psychologist who is restricted to that, and even that depends on a few things because it's not a universal given that psychologists can write prescriptions.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Estro claimed it was just endos.
Amd before you tell others to get their facts straight make sure your own are straight. Psychiatrists can prescribe more than psychotropic meds. It's a psychologist who is restricted to that, and even that depends on a few things because a universal that psychologists can write prescriptions.
Psychologists aren't allowed to prescribe anything, as they aren't medical doctors. It's psychiatric nurse practitioners who can prescribe drugs in some states. And psychiatrists don't handle HRT. They just don't. So you need to calm down with snapping at people.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Psychologists aren't allowed to prescribe anything, as they aren't medical doctors. And psychiatrists don't handle HRT. They just don't. So you need to calm down with snapping at people.
Again, make sure you have your own facts straight before you tell others to do that.
In most states, John and his son don’t have many options. But in Idaho, Illinois, Iowa, Louisiana, and New Mexico, the family would have a different option. In those states, appropriately trained psychologists can be granted the right to prescribe medications.

We Never Know

No Slack
Again, make sure you have your own facts straight before you tell others to do that.
I agree with @Saint Frankenstein post #55.

Just because you gave five states where they can be granted special rights doesn't refute their post.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I agree with @Saint Frankenstein post #55.

Just because you gave five states where they can be granted special rights doesn't refute their post.
It was originally refuting that psychiatrists can only write prescriptions for psychotropic meds, which is false, and pointed out that is a psychiatrist who is restricted to that when they can write them.
It's kind of like PAs in that regard, as their prescription permissions aren't unuversal either.

Callisto

Hellenismos, BTW
I don’t think they are encouraged. Such an accusation usually comes from sources who are specifically against the trans community. At least from what I can gather. Indeed it is similar to accusations made in the past regarding (including but not limited to) being gay, being bi, being into interracial dating etc.
Its a common go to in order to generate fear and angst in folks
There are a lot of hoops one has to jump through to even get such a diagnosis let alone “be encouraged.” Apparently even more so now since the US has seemingly made being trans their new favourite dumb culture war topic. Time is a circle, Le sigh
Not really. The process one has to go through to transition has become considerably lax, especially compared to what was required 20 or more years ago; And it looks to be a misstep if not a mistake given the growing numbers of people who detransition. Detransitioners were unheard of 20+ years ago, today their number seems to be growing at a disturbing rate.

Callisto

Hellenismos, BTW
Because doctors usually encourage treatment as a whole?
Doctors encourage folks who express feelings of gender dysphoria to transition because that’s a common medically accepted treatment. Similar to recommending an aspirin for pain. It just is. Doesn’t always work but eh
I can't feel "eh" about people who are detransitioning which can be a devastating ordeal to go through, especially if it comes about after hormone therapy and/or surgeries.
Also remember that in the US specifically, many drug companies and insurance agencies may encourage certain prescriptions from doctors and those presciptions might not always be something the doctor agrees with. They are at the mercy of drug companies in ways that you and I simply aren’t.
Not saying that’s the case with gender affirming care. Just that it is a factor in US healthcare
I think this plays a sizable part in the process and is a major contributor for the advent of detransitioners. "Informed consent" doesn't seem to be very informed and leads to people to making significant decisions without accurate diagnosis, not truly having GD, or understanding the longterm impact of their decisions (which can be irrevocable).