• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The job of a politician boils down to one simple task: to reduce the tax rate

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
They should still pay taxes, just not as much as large businesses.
No.
The progressive nature of the tax system implies that small businesses (I mean those who make less than 100,000 euros a year) must not be taxed at all.
Because we live in a horrific, Satanic world, where the governments roll red carpets at those banking powers who cannot breathe, unless they gain one million of dollars a day, and that is Satanic. :)

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
One time I had a conversation with a nurse who said he went to observe the healthcare system in the UK. I recall him telling me about a dirty trick they play to create false statistics, which is that they make patients wait to be counted somehow, in order to cook the numbers & make it appear that their socialized healthcare system was performing ok, things are running smoothly, etc. I don't remember the exact details, but essentially it involved making patients wait before being admitted into the waiting room (or wherever the threshold was for counting patients, starting the "wait time" clock, etc.), or something to that effect - if I'm remembering accurately or correctly. That's fraud & false advertising; a private company could get charged with a crime or sued for that type of stuff.
I have worked in the healthcare system in the UK, including clinics and hospitals, for over ten years.

This is BS.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
Which proves once again to not believe anything that anyone asserts without proof. And you can believe me when I assert this :p:D:oops::cool:
What's really funny is the fact that there is no "illusion" that our healthcare system is running smoothly. It's very widely accepted in the UK the NHS is currently running very badly due to years of mismanagement and under-funding. We're a curious lot, us Brits. Ask us if the NHS works well and you'll be bombarded with complaints about how slow and inefficient it is, but ask us if we'd rather replace the NHS with privatised healthcare and we'll kick you in the face.

Last edited:

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
What's really funny is the fact that there is no "illusion" that our healthcare system is running smoothly. It's very widely accepted in the UK the NHS is currently running very badly due to years of mismanagement and under-funding. We're a curious lot, us Brits. Ask us if the NHS works well and you'll be bombarded with complaints about how slow and inefficient it is, but ask us if we'd rather replace the NHS with privatised healthcare and we'll kick you in the face.
Much the same in Canada, although overall I think the level of complaining is a little lower -- but still there. And no, we will not give up our universal healthcare system.

Koldo

Outstanding Member

Likewise here in Brazil.

libre

Skylark
The job of a politician boils down to one simple task, which to reduce the tax rate
The soft global warning denial makes a lot more sense now.

No - there are other societal priorities other than cutting taxes.
If something makes human beings safer and healthier - like a national health service, it should exist.

libre

Skylark
Health in Ontario is getting worse, and it's very difficult that people place blame on the health service instead of the conservative governments actively trying to starve the beast to drag us back to a 'hybrid' private system.

Yerda

Veteran Member
Now the climate science denial makes sense. Motivated reasoning rarely leads to sound conclusions.