• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

Dan From Smithville

Monsters! Monsters from the id! Forbidden Planet
Staff member
Premium Member
Its Greek. :) The name of Persephone before she was taken to the Underworld.
That's interesting. I didn't remember that from my reading of Greek mythology. But it has been a very long time. We had a book on Greek mythology at home that my mother would read to us as children. I was always fascinated by the stories and kept up on my own for a time when I was older.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
That's interesting. I didn't remember that from my reading of Greek mythology. But it has been a very long time. We had a book on Greek mythology at home that my mother would read to us as children. I was always fascinated by the stories and kept up on my own for a time when I was older.
LeeAnder always liked it, too. Apparently, his name is Greek, too, but I didn't know it(spelled Leander, though).

Oddly, he's terrified of water.

Dan From Smithville

Monsters! Monsters from the id! Forbidden Planet
Staff member
Premium Member
LeeAnder always liked it, too. Apparently, his name is Greek, too, but I didn't know it(spelled Leander, though).

Oddly, he's terrified of water.
Not me. I wade a crick up to my neck twice a year to stay pretty smellin'.

That would make visiting Hero somewhat difficult. And being a much longer swim from where you are.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
6cntq0.jpg

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
To make your menagerie complete you need a bear, wolf, rabbit and dog added to snakes, furries, children, husband, you and heaven knows what else.
There are three dogs.

We used to have a rabbit. Well, we had a few, but Cortez was unforgettable. His personality was a mix between a puppy and a frat boy.

"Please do not set your beer on the floor. The rabbit will take your drink" (I wasn't believed until the rabbit did indeed take someone's drink.)

"The rabbit really enjoys pizza." (In response to Cortez charging a delivery guy and hopping happy circles around him.)

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
"Snakes are one of those things that scare a lot of people..."

A couple of years ago i was taking veg peelings to the compost bin. Lifted the lid and the compost moved. A viper poped its head out to see what was happening. I don't think I've ever moved so fast.

Sometimes one of the cats will being a snake in, drop it at my feet as if to say " look, what i found". Usually a grass snake but sometimes something a bit more scary, either an asp or meadow viper.