• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Political post thread

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
onion-color.jpg

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Meghan Markle is now a "visionary female leader".
I don't doubt her being female.
But what has she said that's "visionary"?
Of what is she a "leader"?

Excerpted....
Meghan Markle took centre stage as she joined actress Brooke Shield and US veteran reporter Katie Couric for a special panel at the South by Southwest (SXSW) Festival in Texas.

The Duchess of Sussex joined the line-up for the International Women's Day event kicking off the Austin festival as a "visionary female leader" and bestselling author.

Stonetree

Abducted Member
Premium Member
Meghan Markle is now a "visionary female leader".
I don't doubt her being female.
But what has she said that's "visionary"?
Of what is she a "leader"?

Excerpted....
Meghan Markle took centre stage as she joined actress Brooke Shield and US veteran reporter Katie Couric for a special panel at the South by Southwest (SXSW) Festival in Texas.

The Duchess of Sussex joined the line-up for the International Women's Day event kicking off the Austin festival as a "visionary female leader" and bestselling author.
okay....you have to be a female something to be a something.....I'm a quick study..

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez lauded for 'sassy' reply to James Carville's remarks about ‘preachy females' diluting Democrat support

The Democrat congresswoman representing Bronx and Queens tweeted on Sunday evening, "Maybe he should start a podcast about it," adding, "I hear men are really underrepresented in that space."

Carville, a key strategist for former President Bill Clinton's 1992 election campaign and an ardent LSU football fan, shared in the interview, "A suspicion of mine is that there are too many preachy females."

"‘Don't drink beer. Don't watch football. Don't eat hamburgers. This is not good for you.' The message is too feminine: ‘Everything you're doing is destroying the planet. You've got to eat your peas,'" he argued.

Carville further chastised the party's fixation on female voters.

"Eat your peas, don't eat hamburgers, don't drink beer." That's what Democrats are saying these days?

According to recent polling data from Gallup, a larger percentage of young women, approximately 40%, identify as liberal or very liberal, whereas only 25% of young men identify with the same political views.

Moreover, Gallup's research indicates that the Democratic Party's advantage with black voters over the Republican Party has decreased by nearly 20 percentage points over the last three years.

It seems the Democrats should stop dissing hamburgers and football. It's costing them votes.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

House Bill 2629 was sponsored by Speaker Ben Toma, and it would have made Nov. 7 "Victims of Communism" day in Arizona and would have also required instruction in high school government classes to include a minimum of 45 minutes talking about the negative impacts of "communist regimes around the world," such as "poverty" and "systemic lethal violence."

“I find Governor Hobbs’ veto of HB 2629 both indefensible and personally offensive. Having lived under the oppressive regime of communist Romania, I have firsthand knowledge of the devastating impact these ideologies have inflicted on billions worldwide," Speaker Ben Toma said in a statement following the veto. "Communism’s legacy is marked by death, oppression, deprivation, economic suffering, and the shredding of all that binds families and communities together. It is a history that must be remembered and taught, not dismissed, ignored, or vetoed."

The legislation specifically mentioned a list of former communist dictators including Vladimir Lenin, Mao Zedong, Joseph Stalin, Fidel Castro, Pol Pot and Nicolas Maduro. The bill passed primary along party lines, with only a couple of Democratic votes in the state House of Representatives, which were Reps. Alma and Consuelo Hernandez.

From the bill:

BEGINNING IN THE 2024-2025 SCHOOL YEAR, ANY AMERICAN GOVERNMENT 4 COURSE REQUIRED FOR GRADUATION FROM HIGH SCHOOL MUST INCLUDE AT LEAST 5 FORTY-FIVE MINUTES OF INSTRUCTION ON THE HISTORY OF COMMUNIST REGIMES 6 AROUND THE WORLD AND THE PREVALENCE OF POVERTY, STARVATION, MIGRATION, 7 SYSTEMIC LETHAL VIOLENCE AND SUPPRESSION OF SPEECH UNDER COMMUNIST 8 REGIMES. EDUCATION PURSUANT TO THIS SECTION MAY INCLUDE ANY OF THE 9 FOLLOWING: 10 1. MAO ZEDONG AND THE CULTURAL REVOLUTION. 11 2. JOSEPH STALIN AND THE SOVIET SYSTEM. 12 3. FIDEL CASTRO AND THE CUBAN REVOLUTION. 13 4. VLADIMIR LENIN AND THE RUSSIAN REVOLUTION. 14 5. POL POT AND THE KHMER ROUGE. 15 6. NICOLÁS MADURO AND THE CHAVISMO MOVEMENT.

Interestingly, Speaker Toma says he lived in Romania, but Ceausescu is not listed here among the other leaders of Communist regimes - and he was one of the last holdouts in Eastern Europe.