• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump 2024. Why or why not.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
LoL, what coup atttempt? Electors?!? The parties always keep potential electors around in case a contested vote is determined to go in their favor.

But these were not the people had been voted for but were written down on a sheet they claimed was legal!

I was referring to the over-zealous prosecution of Jan 6th protesters.

And how so you supposedly know this? Either way, this if for judge and jury to decide, not me nor you.

Obviously, time spent in court is time Trump could've spent campaigning.

That's on him.

I didn't say I was okay with any violence that occurred on Jan 6th. Moreover, Jan 6th was predominantly a peaceful protest

What unadulterated nonsense! With over100 officers injured, how can you call that "peaceful"? You can access what I saw live when it happened on YouTube, so why not check out the "peaceful protest"?

believe there were fingers in a vagina (which we don't know the jury thought), and you believe his twisting of the meaning of NYS law to mean there was rape.

"Criminal sexual conduct" legally is put into categories of degrees, so even if what Trump did only involved fingering, that's all fine & dandy with you even if the women doesn't consent?

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
LoL, what coup atttempt? Electors?!? The parties always keep potential electors around in case a contested vote is determined to go in their favor. Every election has a set of Democrat electors and a set of Republican electors. LoL. "Coup attempt"
Sounds like you don't understand how the American electoral system works.

In terms of effect, Trump's fake electors were the equivalent of him forging 7 states' worth of fake votes, then trying to dump those states' real ballot boxes in the river and replacing them with his forged ballots.

Wandering Monk

'The U.S. Constitution and Federal law place certain Presidential election responsibilities on State executives and the electors for President and Vice President.

Appoint electors

The Constitution and Federal law generally do not prescribe the method of appointment, but there are some requirements. States are required to appoint electors in accordance with the laws of the State enacted prior to Election Day. Electors must be appointed on the Tuesday after the first Monday in November (Election Day*).

*States that appoint electors by popular vote (currently all) may include a modified voting period necessitated by force majeure events that are extraordinary and catastrophic as part of ‘election day’.

In most States, the political parties nominate slates of electors at State conventions or central committee meetings. Then the voters of each State choose the electors by voting for their preferred candidates in the state-wide general election. While State laws on the appointment of electors may vary, in general the slate of electors that wins the popular vote is appointed by the State's Executive.

Under the Constitution and Federal law, State legislatures have broad powers to direct the process for selecting electors, as long as that process is in place before Election Day, with one exception regarding the qualifications of electors. Article II, section 1, clause 2 of the Constitution provides that “no Senator, Representative, or Person holding an Office of Trust or Profit under the United States” may be appointed as an elector.

Prepare the Certificate of Ascertainment

After the general election, the Executive of each State prepares seven (7) original Certificates of Ascertainment listing the persons appointed as electors. The Executive is required to issue a Certificate no later than 6 days before the electors meet. Federal law does not govern the general appearance of the Certificate of Ascertainment, so the format can vary from State to State. However, Federal law requires that each Certificate of Ascertainment must:

• list the names of the electors chosen by the voters and the number of votes received.
  • list the names of all other candidates for elector and the number of votes received.
  • be signed by the Executive and carry the seal of the State.
  • contain at least one security feature, as determined by the State, for purposes of verifying the authenticity of the certificate.'

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Are you claiming that Trump is currently engaged in insurrection right now?
No. What he's doing now is attempting to intimidate witnesses and jurors, and to incite an angry mob to form outside the courthouse and do what angry mobs do.
What exactly is the speech you are referring to and when and where did this speech take place?
I wrote, Trump "called for violence outside of the courthouse and has called for violence if he loses to Biden again."

I read and hear a lot and don't recall exactly where I learned those things, but you can investigate my claims if you're so motivated. I Googled "trump calls for violence." These describe Trump's propensity for thuggery in general:

https://www.axios.com/2022/05/02/trump-call-violence-presidency
Trump under fire again for violent language and dehumanizing anti-immigrant rhetoric
Trump ramps up violent rhetoric
Trump's Ugly Calls For Violence Laid Out In Chilling New Supercut Video

Then I modified the search to "trump calls for violence if he loses election"

‘It’ll be bedlam’: how Trump is creating conditions for a post-election eruption
Trump says there will be a 'bloodbath' if he loses the election

Then I searched this: "trump calls for mobs outside courthouse"

Why MAGA ignores Trump's pleas to "RALLY" at court
The Circus Trump Wanted Outside His Trial Hasn’t Arrived

If you're interested, look at those links or do some searches of your own. But the fact that you know none of this yet tells me that you don't want to know it. You have access to the same news that I do.
when you say "juries won't buy that or be fooled", it is really because these juries are formed from predominantly Trump-hating poltically Democrat populations caring more about getting Trump than being impartial jurors.
I guess that you weren't following the voir dire. What you call Trump-haters were disqualified from participating on the jury following background checks on social media by defense attorneys. I would be disqualified based on my Facebook and RF posting.

Did you see this? An attorney for the defense questioning one potential juror said, “It says here that you tweeted, ahem, and I quote ‘**** that treasonous orange sh**gibbon and the dead ferret on his head’ - is that accurate?" This person didn't make the jury.
it is not a revolt or a rebellion.
Yes, it was, and not just any revolt or rebellion, but rather, one against a government, which makes it rise to the definition of insurrection.
what coup atttempt? Electors?!?
It was multifaceted. Besides the fake electors and the J6 insurrection. There is also phone calls to Secretaries of State. Georgia's got him in its crosshairs, but it looks like Arizona will be next, and possibly Nevada. Also, the disinformation about Dominion voting machines, which is civil, but has been adjudicated against. Also, the terrorizing of election workers, which Rudy lot a huge judgment over. There was also a breach of a voting machine.

And that's just the thing they did. There are also the plans they opted against including eleventh hour firings of acting Attorneys General and a discussion about seizing voting machines.

Technically, all of this together constitutes a failed self-coup. An attempted coup is when an outgroup tries to seize the government illegally. When the head of state does the same thing to hold power, it's called self-coup.
I was referring to the over-zealous prosecution of Jan 6th protesters.
You wrote, "Such questions can easily be asked of those that engage in politically motivated prosecution with the intent to quell free speech"

I answered, "With Trump, grand juries everywhere approved of the indictments. It's not Trump's politics that are at issue. It's his crimes against the people that are being adjudicated."

OK. They were also indicted by grand juries. Even if the prosecutors were politically motivated, grand juries aren't, which is why they are a key element in the road to indictment. They are a safeguard to try to prevent that kind of thing.
we can talk about Trump's free speech being infringed also.
Trump's free speech is not being infringed upon. Yes, he has been gagged, but the speech prevented is not protected.
The people have a right to hear Trump's opinion during an election.
Not all of them. Campaigning doesn't include the right to demean and pejorate the judge, his daughter, jurors, or witnesses. This is the kind of speech the gag order suppresses, not his legitimate campaigning about his border policy or his plans to rein in inflation, which are still protected.
time spent in court is time Trump could've spent campaigning.
Yes, but unfortunately for him, his criminal past has caught up with him, and now he has an obligation to be in courtrooms. His claim of election interference is as impotent as his claim that his First Amendment rights are being violated.
Definitions matter. Something isn't an insurrection just because you say it is.
You're still evading my point. If not insurrection, whatever your name for an organized, violent uprising against a government, it's still illegal, so why are you an apologist for that?
Explain why you're okay with smearing the people who protested peacefully by labeling them insurrectionists.
I don't call any peaceful people present insurrectionists.
You know that Trump was cleared on the question of rape by the jury's verdict. Are you insisting on reworking the definition of rape just so you can accuse Trump of "rape" instead of accusing him of "sexual abuse"? Why?
And here you are doing it again. You want to sanitize what Trump did by excluding the word rape. Fine. Use your own word for forcibly inserting fingers into a woman. How about sexual predation with assault and battery? And then explain why that's OK with you and why you're an apologist for that as well.

What do you stand for? Do you think that crime should not be prosecuted if the alleged criminal is Trump? Maybe, especially if you get your information from conservative indoctrination media. Jesse Watters was recently outraged that the prospective juror who was chosen and then quit out of fear when the media had released enough information about her that people who knew her recognized that she had been chosen for the jury and began contacting her - he was outraged that she had said that nobody is above the law. From Jesse Watters Goes Juror by Juror to Sow Doubt in Trump Case
The second juror, Watters described, is “a nurse from the Upper East Side with a Masters degree.”​
“She’s not married, has no kids and lives with her fiancé who works in finance,” Watters said, chuckling for some reason. “She gets her news from The New York Times, Google and CNN.”​
Two items in this juror’s questionnaire “really stuck out,” according to Watters: “‘I don’t really have an opinion of Trump,’ and ‘No one is above the law.’ I’m not so sure about juror No. 2,” Watters reacted, stopping short of explaining why. Watters later said vaguely that he found her to be “concerning.”​

You can see how Watters outed this juror to people that knew her and her fiancé.

Also, you can see that Watters is essentially saying that he doesn't trust this woman for, among other things, saying that nobody is against the law. He was apparently offended or alarmed by that notion.

This is juror intimidation, and in the case of juror No. 2, it worked. She's been replaced. And she was typical of the jurors selected in having little to no opinion about Trump. There are plenty of decent, educated people in NYC like her who are simply apolitical. The people like you and me didn't make the jury.

Wandering Monk

Here it the gag order by Judge Merchan.

1713968967359.png

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Are you changing to talking about something besides Jan 6th now? Are you claiming that Trump is currently engaged in insurrection right now? What exactly is the speech you are referring to and when and where did this speech take place?

LoL. It seems to me that what you call "plausible deniability" is because calling Trump's words "dog whistles and stochastic terrorism" isn't a convincing argument. And that when you say "juries won't buy that or be fooled", it is really because these juries are formed from predominantly Trump-hating poltically Democrat populations caring more about getting Trump than being impartial jurors. I also don't trust anyone who claims he was listening to Trump on Jan 6th but, ironically, didn't bother to attend his speech! They can claim they went there to listen to Trump all they want, but if they didn't actually go to his speech... and instead went directly to the capitol building... then I don't believe them. They ignored his speech!

Of that list, the most obvious is that it is not a revolt or a rebellion.

LoL, what coup atttempt? Electors?!? The parties always keep potential electors around in case a contested vote is determined to go in their favor. Every election has a set of Democrat electors and a set of Republican electors. LoL. "Coup attempt"

I was referring to the over-zealous prosecution of Jan 6th protesters. But we can talk about Trump's free speech being infringed also. There have been numerous gag orders issued against Trump to keep him from voicing his opinions.

Intimidation?!? I don't think so. Nothing Trump said was ever going to change Engoron's mind. The people have a right to hear Trump's opinion during an election. Full stop.

Obviously, time spent in court is time Trump could've spent campaigning.

In such a situation, Trump is forced to campaign in that way.

The decision by the New York State Court Judge that he will jail Trump if he attends the Supreme Court hearing on his Presidential Immunity case is perhaps one of the most disgusting examples of lawfare yet: use one court case to block Trump from attending another court case. LoL. "not free to miss his trials"

Definitions matter. Something isn't an insurrection just because you say it is. And this particular event is obviously of great interest to the public.

? I didn't say I was okay with any violence that occurred on Jan 6th. Moreover, Jan 6th was predominantly a peaceful protest (as I explained). Explain why you're okay with smearing the people who protested peacefully by labeling them insurrectionists.

? I didn't make an argument that putting fingers into someone is or is not rape (by NYS law, it is not rape). If you believe a certain corrupt judge who spoke out (in a way he should've known he shouldn't do) in order to reframe the jury's verdict as rape, then you believe there were fingers in a vagina (which we don't know the jury thought), and you believe his twisting of the meaning of NYS law to mean there was rape.
I pointed out that E. Jean Carroll lied about being raped and that we shouldn't believe her story at all.
But if you believe E. Jean Carroll told the truth, then by all means add that to your list of reasons why you wouldn't vote for Trump in 2024.
However, the entire situation looks like lawfare to prevent Trump from being elected. If you think it is lawfare, then you really ought to add that to your list of reasons to vote for Trump in 2024.

You know that Trump was cleared on the question of rape by the jury's verdict. Are you insisting on reworking the definition of rape just so you can accuse Trump of "rape" instead of accusing him of "sexual abuse"? Why? Who's depravity is being exposed here?
Gag orders aren't an infringement upon free speech. You don't have the right to intimidate jurors and court staff and their family members. How absurd. That's just the latest right-wing talking point that reveals their lack of understanding about how the justice system operates.

Last edited:

Ponder This

Sounds like you don't understand how the American electoral system works.

In terms of effect, Trump's fake electors were the equivalent of him forging 7 states' worth of fake votes, then trying to dump those states' real ballot boxes in the river and replacing them with his forged ballots.
Again, back-up electors as a contingency in the event that rulings on ballots alter the outcome of an election is standard in every election and when the outcome is contested you have electors from each side that are ready just in case. Famously, in 1960, there were two sets of electors from Hawaii. There were back-up electors in 2016. There were back-up electors in 2020. And there will be back-up electors in 2024. You can count on it. Claims about dumping ballots in rivers appears (as far as I can tell) to have no substance. You are talking a big fat nothing burger with a slice of nothing on top. Add this to the growing list of election year lawfare.

Pogo

Again, back-up electors as a contingency in the event that rulings on ballots alter the outcome of an election is standard in every election and when the outcome is contested you have electors from each side that are ready just in case. Famously, in 1960, there were two sets of electors from Hawaii. There were back-up electors in 2016. There were back-up electors in 2020. And there will be back-up electors in 2024. You can count on it. Claims about dumping ballots in rivers appears (as far as I can tell) to have no substance. You are talking a big fat nothing burger with a slice of nothing on top. Add this to the growing list of election year lawfare.
believing things that everyone else knows is not true is the definition of delusion, the exception is religion.

Pogo

believing things that everyone else knows is not true is the definition of delusion, the exception is religion and apparently MAGA.

Wandering Monk

These were not the duly appointed electors. The certificates they tried to submit to Congress and NARA did not meet the requirements.

'The U.S. Constitution and Federal law place certain Presidential election responsibilities on State executives and the electors for President and Vice President.

Appoint electors

The Constitution and Federal law generally do not prescribe the method of appointment, but there are some requirements. States are required to appoint electors in accordance with the laws of the State enacted prior to Election Day. Electors must be appointed on the Tuesday after the first Monday in November (Election Day*).

*States that appoint electors by popular vote (currently all) may include a modified voting period necessitated by force majeure events that are extraordinary and catastrophic as part of ‘election day’.

In most States, the political parties nominate slates of electors at State conventions or central committee meetings. Then the voters of each State choose the electors by voting for their preferred candidates in the state-wide general election. While State laws on the appointment of electors may vary, in general the slate of electors that wins the popular vote is appointed by the State's Executive.

Under the Constitution and Federal law, State legislatures have broad powers to direct the process for selecting electors, as long as that process is in place before Election Day, with one exception regarding the qualifications of electors. Article II, section 1, clause 2 of the Constitution provides that “no Senator, Representative, or Person holding an Office of Trust or Profit under the United States” may be appointed as an elector.

Prepare the Certificate of Ascertainment

After the general election, the Executive of each State prepares seven (7) original Certificates of Ascertainment
listing the persons appointed as electors. The Executive is required to issue a Certificate no later than 6 days before the electors meet. Federal law does not govern the general appearance of the Certificate of Ascertainment, so the format can vary from State to State. However, Federal law requires that each Certificate of Ascertainment must:

• list the names of the electors chosen by the voters and the number of votes received.
  • list the names of all other candidates for elector and the number of votes received.
  • contain at least one security feature, as determined by the State, for purposes of verifying the authenticity of the certificate.'

Roles and Responsibilities in the Electoral College Process | National Archives

www.archives.gov
www.archives.gov

Ponder This

What a steaming load of crap.
  1. "Can't you just shoot him?"
    ALLEGED
  2. "Please don't be too nice."
    Obvious mocking of how Biden-run border security and Democrat-run cities are nice to criminals, with special funds to release them ont he street after committing crimes, or fly them to where-ever they want to go in the U.S.
  3. "Many sides were to blame."
    Not even sure why some of these quotes count as violent rhetoric. It's laughable. but here they are actually referencing one of the big known hoaxes. If you believe the Charlotteville hoax, then you are drinking the Kool-Aid for sure.
  4. "Any guy that can do a body slam, he is my type!"
    Governor claimed that the reporter initiated physical contact with him.
  5. water-filled trench with snakes and alligators and shoting migrants in the legs
    ALLEGED
  6. "when the looting starts, the shooting starts"
    a well-known truism about the realities of what happens in a population that begins looting
  7. "If a city or state refuses to take the actions necessary to defend the life and property of their residents, then I will deploy the United States military and quickly solve the problem for them"
    There was violence being done to the life and property of their residents! Who is causing violence here?
  8. "We could fix Portland in, I would say, 45 minutes"
    And probably true, BECAUSE HE WOULD STOP VIOLENCE BEING DONE.
  9. That’s the way it has to be. There has to be retribution"
    two witnesses reported that Reinoehl opened fire on officers!
  10. "stand back and stand by"
    really? This is a call for violence? "Stand back" Wow, so violent! ( NOT ).
  11. "we're going to walk down to the Capitol," adding that "you'll never take back our country with weakness."
    Walking is the new rebellion guys. Better not... WALK anywhere.
  12. "This guy turned out to be a Woke train wreck who, if the Fake News reporting is correct, was actually dealing with China to give them a heads up on the thinking of the President of the United States. This is an act so egregious that, in times gone by, the punishment would have been DEATH!"
    Pointing out how Milley would've been tried for treason in times past... such rhetoric would indicate that Milley should be... *gasp* tried in a court of law?!?
  13. "How's she doing? Where crazy Nancy Pelosi has the votes."
    Asking how Nacy is doing is now a call to violence?!?
  14. Trump called James “corrupt and racist,” “rogue” and “out of control.” And he posted criticism of the judge in the case, too, saying he should no longer sit on the bench.
    He criticized the lawfare against him! This is violence?
  15. urging reporters, “You ought to go after this attorney general.”
    He called on reporters to... do their job?!?
  16. Arthur Engoron, “should resign from the ‘Bench’ and be sanctioned by the Courts for his abuse of power.”
    So violent that he... advocates that the Courts take action against a judge's abuse of power! If we didn't know any better, we would think he was advocating for fair judical processes...
  17. Cynthia Yockey, a Trump supporter at his event in Ottumwa, Iowa, asked... etc.
    Now it's time to quote random "Trump supporters". LoL.
  18. Supercut "fight like hell"
    You know... one of these was released for Democrat pooliticians... because the rhetoric is just so normal across politicians.
  19. "Bloodbath"
    talking about the economic consequences of Biden policies.
  20. “Regardless of whether Donald Trump wins or loses, there’s going to be violence,” said Michael Fanone, a retired police officer who was seriously injured by pro-Trump rioters at the US Capitol on 6 January 2021.
    Wait... so all we need is to get someone to tell the press that he thinks there will be violence and you can pretend it's that Trump the one calling for violence?!?
  21. Trump begged his followers on Truth Social to "RALLY BEHIND MAGA" at courthouses, unsubtly suggesting that they model themselves after the mostly imaginary leftist rioters who "scream, shout, sit, block traffic, enter buildings, not get permits, and basically do whatever they want." When the MAGA hats failed to show...
    Calls out numerous things leftist do... and then we observe that MAGA doesn't do those things. This is violence?!?
  22. Even the guy who died by suicide in front of the courthouse wasn't a Trump fan
    A brainwashed anti-Trump extremist commits suicide. Very sad. Who told him to do that?
  23. Timothy McVeigh and Terry Nichols believed that bombing the Oklahoma Federal Building would draw attention and support for their white supremacist, far-right views. Decades later, Trump is winking at their terrorism publicly
    Is this a joke? What drivel.
  24. “GO OUT AND PEACEFULLY PROTEST. RALLY BEHIND MAGA. SAVE OUR COUNTRY!”
    Only one way to interpret that... Violence?!?
  25. “Unlike at Columbia University where the Radical Left Palestinian Protesters sat on the Front Lawn, practically took over the School, and screamed, ‘Death to the Jews, Death to Israel, Death to America,’ and nothing happened to them, Lower Manhattan surrounding the Courthouse, where I am heading now, is completely CLOSED DOWN,” Mr. Trump posted on Truth Social. “SO UNFAIR!!!
    Trump supporters being called violent because other kinds of protesters call for DEATH all day long... totally fair?
  26. “Two-thousand twenty-four years in prison!” one anti-Trump protester, Ricky Caballero, shouted. “He owes your dad money, why you out here supporting him?”
    Just look at the things being yelled at Trump supporters and it should be evident just how violent MAGA is compared to anti-Trumpers...
  27. “We feel sorry for America, why are so many people such cowards?” she said. “I know a majority of people support him but they’re scared.”
    Scared to even protest peacefully, have we ever seen such violence?
  28. By lunchtime, Mr. Trump was still at it on social media. He suggested New York should send its police officers to protect Jewish students at Columbia University and be more lenient outside the courthouse.

“Republicans want the right to protest in front of the Courthouse, like everyone else!” Mr. Trump posted on Truth Social.
    Can you believe the audacity? He actually called for police to protect Jewish students! Is that violence now?
In short, you posted a load of BS - painfully obvious spin that's so hard, it's nauseating.

Ponder This

I guess that you weren't following the voir dire. What you call Trump-haters were disqualified from participating on the jury following background checks on social media by defense attorneys. I would be disqualified based on my Facebook and RF posting.

Did you see this? An attorney for the defense questioning one potential juror said, “It says here that you tweeted, ahem, and I quote ‘**** that treasonous orange sh**gibbon and the dead ferret on his head’ - is that accurate?" This person didn't make the jury.
These jurors said that they can be impartial (in order to get on the jury) and then it's exposed that they were anti-Trump all along. Totally fair for Trump?!?

Yes, it was, and not just any revolt or rebellion, but rather, one against a government, which makes it rise to the definition of insurrection.
What revolt? What rebellion?

Besides the fake electors
There are two sets of electors in every election.
phone calls to Secretaries of State. Georgia's
Has a right to question the integrity of the election.
looks like Arizona will be next, and possibly Nevada
For what?
disinformation about Dominion voting machines, which is civil
what disinformation?
terrorizing of election workers, which Rudy lot a huge judgment over
Is this a joke?
a breach of a voting machine
Like what? like the cyber security attack that just breached Coffee County Georgia? that would be a breach.

There are also the plans they opted against including eleventh hour firings of acting Attorneys General and a discussion about seizing voting machines.
Let me know when you begin to talk about an actual crime.
Technically, all of this together constitutes a failed self-coup. An attempted coup is when an outgroup tries to seize the government illegally. When the head of state does the same thing to hold power, it's called self-coup.
Challenging the results of an election is now considered a self-coup?!? No.

OK. They were also indicted by grand juries. Even if the prosecutors were politically motivated, grand juries aren't, which is why they are a key element in the road to indictment. They are a safeguard to try to prevent that kind of thing.
And that addresses my comment on free speech - Oh wait - it doesn't.
the speech prevented is not protected
Free speech is fundamental for elections.
Not all of them. Campaigning doesn't include the right to demean and pejorate the judge, his daughter, jurors, or witnesses. This is the kind of speech the gag order suppresses, not his legitimate campaigning about his border policy or his plans to rein in inflation, which are still protected.
There isn't any form of corruption that gets a pass when it comes to free speech.
You're still evading my point. If not insurrection, whatever your name for an organized, violent uprising against a government, it's still illegal, so why are you an apologist for that?
I don't call any peaceful people present insurrectionists.
You agree they are peaceful; we're done here.
And here you are doing it again. You want to sanitize what Trump did by excluding the word rape. Fine. Use your own word for forcibly inserting fingers into a woman. How about sexual predation with assault and battery? And then explain why that's OK with you and why you're an apologist for that as well.
It's not okay. She lied.

Jesse Watters was recently outraged that the prospective juror who was chosen
I don't derive my opinion from Jesse Watters, and he shouldn't be outing jurors.

Gag orders aren't an infringement upon free speech. You don't have the right to intimidate jurors and court staff and their family members. How absurd. That's just the latest right-wing talking point that reveals their lack of understanding about how the justice system operates.
Intimidation? He's calling out corrupt people who don't like their corruption exposed! Campaign donations, private calls for Trump's conviction, secret manipulations of the justice system, summary judgements without jury, etc. Stunningly corrupt! And unacceptable that people get to openly malign and campaign against Trump while he is gagged from responding. The corruption needs to be called out for what it is. LoL. "Gag orders"

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
What a steaming load of crap.
  1. "Can't you just shoot him?"
    ALLEGED
  2. "Please don't be too nice."
    Obvious mocking of how Biden-run border security and Democrat-run cities are nice to criminals, with special funds to release them ont he street after committing crimes, or fly them to where-ever they want to go in the U.S.
  3. "Many sides were to blame."
    Not even sure why some of these quotes count as violent rhetoric. It's laughable. but here they are actually referencing one of the big known hoaxes. If you believe the Charlotteville hoax, then you are drinking the Kool-Aid for sure.
  4. "Any guy that can do a body slam, he is my type!"
    Governor claimed that the reporter initiated physical contact with him.
  5. water-filled trench with snakes and alligators and shoting migrants in the legs
    ALLEGED
  6. "when the looting starts, the shooting starts"
    a well-known truism about the realities of what happens in a population that begins looting
  7. "If a city or state refuses to take the actions necessary to defend the life and property of their residents, then I will deploy the United States military and quickly solve the problem for them"
    There was violence being done to the life and property of their residents! Who is causing violence here?
  8. "We could fix Portland in, I would say, 45 minutes"
    And probably true, BECAUSE HE WOULD STOP VIOLENCE BEING DONE.
  9. That’s the way it has to be. There has to be retribution"
    two witnesses reported that Reinoehl opened fire on officers!
  10. "stand back and stand by"
    really? This is a call for violence? "Stand back" Wow, so violent! ( NOT ).
  11. "we're going to walk down to the Capitol," adding that "you'll never take back our country with weakness."
    Walking is the new rebellion guys. Better not... WALK anywhere.
  12. "This guy turned out to be a Woke train wreck who, if the Fake News reporting is correct, was actually dealing with China to give them a heads up on the thinking of the President of the United States. This is an act so egregious that, in times gone by, the punishment would have been DEATH!"
    Pointing out how Milley would've been tried for treason in times past... such rhetoric would indicate that Milley should be... *gasp* tried in a court of law?!?
  13. "How's she doing? Where crazy Nancy Pelosi has the votes."
    Asking how Nacy is doing is now a call to violence?!?
  14. Trump called James “corrupt and racist,” “rogue” and “out of control.” And he posted criticism of the judge in the case, too, saying he should no longer sit on the bench.
    He criticized the lawfare against him! This is violence?
  15. urging reporters, “You ought to go after this attorney general.”
    He called on reporters to... do their job?!?
  16. Arthur Engoron, “should resign from the ‘Bench’ and be sanctioned by the Courts for his abuse of power.”
    So violent that he... advocates that the Courts take action against a judge's abuse of power! If we didn't know any better, we would think he was advocating for fair judical processes...
  17. Cynthia Yockey, a Trump supporter at his event in Ottumwa, Iowa, asked... etc.
    Now it's time to quote random "Trump supporters". LoL.
  18. Supercut "fight like hell"
    You know... one of these was released for Democrat pooliticians... because the rhetoric is just so normal across politicians.
  19. "Bloodbath"
    talking about the economic consequences of Biden policies.
  20. “Regardless of whether Donald Trump wins or loses, there’s going to be violence,” said Michael Fanone, a retired police officer who was seriously injured by pro-Trump rioters at the US Capitol on 6 January 2021.
    Wait... so all we need is to get someone to tell the press that he thinks there will be violence and you can pretend it's that Trump the one calling for violence?!?
  21. Trump begged his followers on Truth Social to "RALLY BEHIND MAGA" at courthouses, unsubtly suggesting that they model themselves after the mostly imaginary leftist rioters who "scream, shout, sit, block traffic, enter buildings, not get permits, and basically do whatever they want." When the MAGA hats failed to show...
    Calls out numerous things leftist do... and then we observe that MAGA doesn't do those things. This is violence?!?
  22. Even the guy who died by suicide in front of the courthouse wasn't a Trump fan
    A brainwashed anti-Trump extremist commits suicide. Very sad. Who told him to do that?
  23. Timothy McVeigh and Terry Nichols believed that bombing the Oklahoma Federal Building would draw attention and support for their white supremacist, far-right views. Decades later, Trump is winking at their terrorism publicly
    Is this a joke? What drivel.
  24. “GO OUT AND PEACEFULLY PROTEST. RALLY BEHIND MAGA. SAVE OUR COUNTRY!”
    Only one way to interpret that... Violence?!?
  25. “Unlike at Columbia University where the Radical Left Palestinian Protesters sat on the Front Lawn, practically took over the School, and screamed, ‘Death to the Jews, Death to Israel, Death to America,’ and nothing happened to them, Lower Manhattan surrounding the Courthouse, where I am heading now, is completely CLOSED DOWN,” Mr. Trump posted on Truth Social. “SO UNFAIR!!!
    Trump supporters being called violent because other kinds of protesters call for DEATH all day long... totally fair?
  26. “Two-thousand twenty-four years in prison!” one anti-Trump protester, Ricky Caballero, shouted. “He owes your dad money, why you out here supporting him?”
    Just look at the things being yelled at Trump supporters and it should be evident just how violent MAGA is compared to anti-Trumpers...
  27. “We feel sorry for America, why are so many people such cowards?” she said. “I know a majority of people support him but they’re scared.”
    Scared to even protest peacefully, have we ever seen such violence?
  28. By lunchtime, Mr. Trump was still at it on social media. He suggested New York should send its police officers to protect Jewish students at Columbia University and be more lenient outside the courthouse.

“Republicans want the right to protest in front of the Courthouse, like everyone else!” Mr. Trump posted on Truth Social.
    Can you believe the audacity? He actually called for police to protect Jewish students! Is that violence now?
In short, you posted a load of BS - painfully obvious spin that's so hard, it's nauseating.
That is a great post, you should save that and repost it often, and on many different forums.

What you don't understand is that a sane individual reads that list and understands that Trump should never be allowed to take office again.

So keep spreading the word.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Again, back-up electors as a contingency in the event that rulings on ballots alter the outcome of an election is standard in every election and when the outcome is contested you have electors from each side that are ready just in case. Famously, in 1960, there were two sets of electors from Hawaii.

Very different from Trump's electoral fraud attempt, but I'm guessing you knew that.

Both slates of electors were certified by the governor: the Republican slate when the vote initially went to Nixon by a narrow margin, then a Democrat slate when the vote went to Kennedy after an official recount confirmed he had actually won.

There were back-up electors in 2016.

No, there weren't. But again: I'm guessing you knew that.

There was an (IMO ill-advised) attempt by the Democrats to convince certified electors to switch their votes in recognition of Clinton winning the national popular vote. Not the same thing.

There were back-up electors in 2020.

Fraudulent, not "back-up." IIRC, most of those fake electors and the leaders of the conspiracy have been indicted and their cases are making their way through the courts.

And there will be back-up electors in 2024. You can count on it.

I'm sure. "Fascism seeks to maintain power regardless of societal norms."

Claims about dumping ballots in rivers appears (as far as I can tell) to have no substance.

It was an analogy to help you understand the seriousness of Trump's crimes... but it seems you agree with his fraud.

Wandering Monk

Problem is, these fake electors forwarded their documents to Congress and NARA claiming to be the legitimate electors when they were not, as evidenced by the fact that their documents did not comply with Federal law. Two of the seven sets of fake electors from contested states DID make it clear that their votes were contingent on outcomes of litigation, but the other five did not. This is why those five slates are subject to criminal prosecution.

However, Federal law requires that each Certificate of Ascertainment must:​
  • contain at least one security feature, as determined by the State, for purposes of verifying the authenticity of the certificate.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Could you source this?
Each party is going to have a list of names, they got their list ready now. But don't fall for this trick. A list of names of people who are will be your electors if you win is not the same thing as producing, signing, and then filing forged documents.

(I realize you are way ahead of me, but I am still going to leave this post)

Wandering Monk

Each party is going to have a list of names, they got their list ready now. But don't fall for this trick. A list of names of people who are will be your electors if you win is not the same thing as producing, signing, and then filing forged documents.
Not a source. Where is the idea that two sets of electors are chosen in EVERY election coming from? The only thing I can find is that electors are chosen for President and Vice President separately. Even so, they have to be under the seal and signature of the Governor.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
These jurors said that they can be impartial (in order to get on the jury) and then it's exposed that they were anti-Trump all along.
Everybody that doesn't fawn over and protect Trump is anti-Trump to his sycophants.
Totally fair for Trump?!?
Trump is being treated more than fairly. He's being given special consideration. He should be in jail now for violating the gag orders.

Also, it's impossible to be unfair to a person like Trump who has never been fair with anybody in his life. What would be unfair? Lying to him? Stealing from him? Besetting a sexual predator upon him?

Even imprisoning him for no better reason that objecting to his politics wouldn't be unfair. That's what he wanted for Hillary. Having a foreign government scuttle his campaign wouldn't be unfair. He's already done that himself.
Has a right to question the integrity of the election.
That was allowed. His criminal interference isn't.
For what?
I wrote, "looks like Arizona will be next, and possibly Nevada." They'll be next to indict Trump for state level election interference. You can add Michigan to that list now as well (source):

"Arizona on Wednesday became the fourth state — after Michigan, Georgia, and Nevada — to pursue charges against individuals who signed false electoral certificates in support of former President Trump in 2020.
  • The indictments came in Arizona Attorney General Kris Mayes’ investigation of the scheme to replace the valid electors in seven swing states with fraudulent certificates claiming their respective states had been won by Trump — and in the process overturn Trump’s 2020 election loss.
  • In total, 18 people were indicted on felony charges: the 11 fake electors and seven Trump allies, including Christina Bobb — recently named the Republican National Committee’s “election integrity” lawyer — as well as Rudy Giuliani, John Eastman, Mark Meadows, and Jenna Ellis.
It looks like if he lives long enough, he's facing more criminal indictments coming down the pike.
Challenging the results of an election is now considered a self-coup?!?
It is when you break the law doing it.
Let me know when you begin to talk about an actual crime.
You can find a list of his indictments and the 88 crimes he's been accused of on the Internet.
She lied.
I don't believe that, but I wouldn't mind if it were true. That the case with everything Trump and his slavering defenders complain about, whether a valid criticism or not. Trump says the election was rigged against him. I don't believe that but would get a chuckle out of learning that it was true. He says that Biden is targeting him for being a political rival. Same answer. He claims that he is being treated unfairly with his gag orders. Same answer - don't believe it and wouldn't mind it if I did.
unacceptable that people get to openly malign and campaign against Trump while he is gagged from responding.
I don't believe that and wouldn't mind it if it were true.

And yes, Joe is out there campaigning against Trump and raising money as the guy who calls him Crooked Joe and Sleepy Joe nods off in criminal court while passing gas.

And everybody is maligning Trump, especially the comedians. Kimmel comes up with an insulting nickname every night: Dozo the Clown, Naptain America, Teddy Dozevelt, The Toot Fairy, and Al CaPorn come to mind.