• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump Again Claiming Right To Assassinate Rivals

Copernicus

Industrial Strength Linguist
It does not matter when they occur. I want Biden to debate, it will be a bloodbath for the dems.

Perhaps, but not necessarily one of Biden's blood. It is very early days right now. Not even the beginning of the general election, and Donald Trump seems to be looking worse and worse for wear after his first criminal trial has gotten underway. He isn't drawing the crowds that he used to draw, and he is sucking more and more money out of the Republican Party coffers to pay for his own legal expenses. It wouldn't be so bad, if he could just control his outbursts and temper tantrums, but he really doesn't seem to be able to control himself. We have several months to go before a debate would even be possible. If a debate really does take place, Trump might not have a lot of blood left in him that he can afford to lose.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Perhaps, but not necessarily one of Biden's blood. It is very early days right now. Not even the beginning of the general election, and Donald Trump seems to be looking worse and worse for wear after his first criminal trial has gotten underway. He isn't drawing the crowds that he used to draw, and he is sucking more and more money out of the Republican Party coffers to pay for his own legal expenses. It wouldn't be so bad, if he could just control his outbursts and temper tantrums, but he really doesn't seem to be able to control himself. We have several months to go before a debate would even be possible. If a debate really does take place, Trump might not have a lot of blood left in him that he can afford to lose.
To Magas, Trump needn't be coherent, incisive, or smart.
All he need do is loudly repeat his simplistic hostile
delusional rhetoric that they so love. And his interrupting
others is seen as strength of a spiritual warrior sent by
God to save Ameristan.
Only a small percentage on the fence would be swayed
by a "debate". I make no prediction about them.

Clizby Wampuscat

Yes, Trump lost last time they debated. Now Trump is even less stable and less coherent. We need the voters to see him for themselves.
Bring it on. Maybe we will get something like this:

The beer brewed here. It is used to make the brewed beer. During is define, oh, earth Rider. Thanks for the Great Lakes. I wonder why, - President Biden.

Clizby Wampuscat

Innocent citizens weren't being targetted. There happened to be others at an event where a wanted criminal and terrorist was known to be. This is vastly more acceptable than dropping bombs on cities where civilians live as was common in WW2. And have I seen you post any condemnation on Netanyahu for ordering attacks on civilians in Gaza?
I am not saying I agree that Obama should be prosecuted, I don't. It is a question to spur thought and clarity on the immunity issue.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Bring it on.
Bring on another Trump loss? Glad to help.
Maybe we will get something like this:

The beer brewed here. It is used to make the brewed beer. During is define, oh, earth Rider. Thanks for the Great Lakes. I wonder why, - President Biden.
I see, you you are opening the door to posting incoherent comments as a measure of the two leading nominees? Have you never heard Trump speak?

Here's CNNs top 45 Trump gaffs:

1) “So we had a big day in the stock market, things are coming back and they’re coming back very rapidly, a lot sooner than people thought.”

“This is not a normal recession. The recessionary part of this you’re going to see down the road. You will see the effect of this recession. You’re just not going to see it right away because of all the stimulus.” – JPMorgan CEO Jamie Dimon, Tuesday. And away we go!

2) “But then the – then the virus came in and the world is a different place but we’re now getting back and one of the reasons the market’s doing so – it’s almost at the point that it was at prior to the plague – almost.”

“Our view of the length and severity of the economic downturn has deteriorated considerably from the assumptions used last quarter.” – Wells Fargo CEO Charlie Sharf, Tuesday.

3) “China has 1.4 billion people, we have 325 – probably 325 million approximately – nobody can give the exact count, we’re trying to get an exact count but you have, over the years, many illegals who have come into the country, so it depends on how you want to count it.”

The mathematical complexities on display here are truly mind-boggling.

4) “They could’ve stopped it, they should’ve stopped it. Would’ve been very easy to do at the source when it happened.”

Trump’s insistence that China could have stopped the coronavirus from spreading seems to run counter to everything we know about its high levels of transmissibility. Couldn’t the same be said for the US – particularly given that we knew the virus was coming?

5) “Joe Biden’s entire career has been a gift to the Chinese Communist Party and to the calamity of – of errors that they’ve made – they’ve made so many errors and it’s been devastating for the American worker.”

Wait, what? We’re talking about Biden now?

6) “There’s no company and no country in the world – no country in the world has ever ripped off the United States like the incredible job that they did on this country and the people that ran it.”

Hey China – great job at ripping us off!

7) “Possibly it’s one of the reasons – certainly it’s one of the very big reasons trade and things related to trade that I got elected in the first place – I’ve been talking about it for a long time, along with many other subjects, frankly.”

[looks around room nervously]

8) “I’ve been given a lot of credit for what I did there. Took a certain amount of courage, I guess, because it sounds so nice, the Paris Climate Accord.”

[pats self on back]

9) “So Biden was here for 47 years – eight years – the last eight years, not long ago as vice president, he said one in five miles of our highways are still in poor condition.”

Quick reminder: This was a press conference, ostensibly, to talk about Trump signing executive orders about Hong Kong and China.

10) “Because you talk about a certain power of the telephone and the calls where they would call and say, no, we don’t want to do that.”

“A certain power of the telephone” sounds like the title of Coldplay’s next album.

See the whole list here:

F1fan

Veteran Member
I am not saying I agree that Obama should be prosecuted, I don't. It is a question to spur thought and clarity on the immunity issue.
We've never had such a corrupt president as Trump. Even Nixon was given a pardon so the issue was never explored. We do know that presidents don't have the authority to destroy evidence and documents as the Supreme Court ordered Nixon to turn over the recording he made of meetings. So the only issue at hand is what are official acts that have immunity, like ordering drone strikes against terrorists where civilians get killed, or private acts like organizing and cooperating with others to overturn the election that the president lost.

Clizby Wampuscat

We will see. I am not confident Biden will be the nominee anyway. He is losing support fast.

No chance supporting for Biden - 52%
No chance supporting for Trump - 47%

See Trump's Presidency as a Success - 55%
See Biden's Presidency as a success - 39%

Republicans call Trump's presidency a success - 92%
Democrats call Biden's presidency a success - 73%

Independents call Trump's presidency a success - 51%
Independents call Biden's presidency a success - 37%

BIden's approval ratings:
Overall - 40%
Economy - 34%
Inflation - 29%

A sizable 17% of registered voters say they have unfavorable views of both Biden and Trump, and in choosing between the two, they break for Trump, 43% to 31%, with 25% of that group saying they would vote for someone else, skip the contest entirely or just aren’t sure who they would support.

Clizby Wampuscat

Bring on another Trump loss? Glad to help.

I see, you you are opening the door to posting incoherent comments as a measure of the two leading nominees? Have you never heard Trump speak?

Here's CNNs top 45 Trump gaffs:

1) “So we had a big day in the stock market, things are coming back and they’re coming back very rapidly, a lot sooner than people thought.”

“This is not a normal recession. The recessionary part of this you’re going to see down the road. You will see the effect of this recession. You’re just not going to see it right away because of all the stimulus.” – JPMorgan CEO Jamie Dimon, Tuesday. And away we go!

2) “But then the – then the virus came in and the world is a different place but we’re now getting back and one of the reasons the market’s doing so – it’s almost at the point that it was at prior to the plague – almost.”

“Our view of the length and severity of the economic downturn has deteriorated considerably from the assumptions used last quarter.” – Wells Fargo CEO Charlie Sharf, Tuesday.

3) “China has 1.4 billion people, we have 325 – probably 325 million approximately – nobody can give the exact count, we’re trying to get an exact count but you have, over the years, many illegals who have come into the country, so it depends on how you want to count it.”

The mathematical complexities on display here are truly mind-boggling.

4) “They could’ve stopped it, they should’ve stopped it. Would’ve been very easy to do at the source when it happened.”

Trump’s insistence that China could have stopped the coronavirus from spreading seems to run counter to everything we know about its high levels of transmissibility. Couldn’t the same be said for the US – particularly given that we knew the virus was coming?

5) “Joe Biden’s entire career has been a gift to the Chinese Communist Party and to the calamity of – of errors that they’ve made – they’ve made so many errors and it’s been devastating for the American worker.”

Wait, what? We’re talking about Biden now?

6) “There’s no company and no country in the world – no country in the world has ever ripped off the United States like the incredible job that they did on this country and the people that ran it.”

Hey China – great job at ripping us off!

7) “Possibly it’s one of the reasons – certainly it’s one of the very big reasons trade and things related to trade that I got elected in the first place – I’ve been talking about it for a long time, along with many other subjects, frankly.”

[looks around room nervously]

8) “I’ve been given a lot of credit for what I did there. Took a certain amount of courage, I guess, because it sounds so nice, the Paris Climate Accord.”

[pats self on back]

9) “So Biden was here for 47 years – eight years – the last eight years, not long ago as vice president, he said one in five miles of our highways are still in poor condition.”

Quick reminder: This was a press conference, ostensibly, to talk about Trump signing executive orders about Hong Kong and China.

10) “Because you talk about a certain power of the telephone and the calls where they would call and say, no, we don’t want to do that.”

“A certain power of the telephone” sounds like the title of Coldplay’s next album.

See the whole list here:
Ok earth rider. We can go back and forth on this. The reality is Trump would win if we had the election today.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Bring it on. Maybe we will get something like this:

"You know, a recent study shows that reducing lead exposure for children has the same effect on a student’s test scores as reducing the size of a class they’re in from 22 to 15 — one tenth the cost, it is. It matters. It affects the ability of the brain to function.

That’s why we’re going to eliminate every single lead pipe in America. And I promise you that. We got the money to do it now. (Applause.)

And that’s on top of another billion dollars to clean up the Great Lakes, which provide drinking water to 20 million people — (applause) — 20 million people. And, by the way, it used to make the beer brewed here — (laughs) — it is used to make the brewed beer here in this refine- — oh, Earth Rider, thanks for the Great Lakes. I wondered why (inaudible) — (laughter).

What we’re doing in Wisconsin and Minnesota is just one piece of a much bigger story. Look, 14 million new jobs since I became president — (applause); 169 [thousand] new jobs in Wisconsin, 200,000 in Minnesota; nearly 800,000 new manufacturing jobs nationwide — good-paying jobs."

Clizby Wampuscat

How is that a reality? Based on polls that are notoriously inaccurate?

And why would any sane person want Trump to get elected (by the minority) again?
Did you read my post 87? A CNN poll looks bad for Biden right now. You are just sticking your head in the sand. Of course things can change but deal with reality as it stands today.

Most people are not onboard with the out of control protesters, they are not on board with the economy, not on board with men in women's sports, with throwing Israel under the bus, student loan transfer, etc.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Did you read my post 87? A CNN poll looks bad for Biden right now. You are just sticking your head in the sand. Of course things can change but deal with reality as it stands today.

Most people are not onboard with the out of control protesters,
Which has what to do with Biden? Does everyone forget all the "out of control protesters" there were when Trump was President?
they are not on board with the economy,
They're not on board with a good economy? With record low unemployment? Why not?
not on board with men in women's sports,
Is Joe Biden in charge of this?
with throwing Israel under the bus,
When has Joe Biden done anything close to that?
student loan transfer, etc.
I wouldn't be so sure about that:

F1fan

Veteran Member
Did you read my post 87? A CNN poll looks bad for Biden right now.
And early polls in 2016 had Clinton ahead. It’s too early to take polls seriously.

You are just sticking your head in the sand. Of course things can change but deal with reality as it stands today.
I understand that Trump supporters have very few things to cling to for hope.
Most people are not onboard with the out of control protesters,
I’m not. It’s a matter that has little to do with Biden. Many want to point fingers at anyone to blame for what they oppose. The Israel issue is very complex and divisive, and Biden has made it clear that he doesn’t support the killing of Palestinians and the administration is putting pressure on Netanyahu.

I see much of the student protests to be an opportunity for young people to feel unified and relevant in a nation where they are overwhelmed by a divided nation.

they are not on board with the economy,
Not sure how you see this, the economy is excellent. Perhaps you mean inflation. Biden has done more than any other major nation to slow inflation. What ideas do republicans offer? Silence.

Good thing you didn’t mention the border since the legislation that was introduced was killed by Trump and hypocrite MAGAs.

not on board with men in women's sports
The trans thing is quite an obscure issue that only infuriates the far right. Most young people are open minded, not conservative.

with throwing Israel under the bus,
Not sure what this means since they are still getting aid. Of course there’s a difference between Israel and Netanyahu, who needs to be removed and a new leader selected.

student loan transfer, etc.
Not sure what this means either. Far right wing lingo? Biden has been canceling a lot of debt, and intends to reform student loan programs. What does Trump offer? Silence.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I see much of the student protests to be an opportunity for young people to feel unified and relevant in a nation where they are overwhelmed by a divided nation.
I see people angry with their government supporting genocide.
That's a greater motive than a mere "opportunity....to feel united".
The unity results from a moral compass that sees US government
perpetrating a great evil. It makes perfect sense that they'ed
be angry, motivated, & committed to opposing it at great personal
risk. This is especially dangerous when schools call the cops, or
even worse...the National Guard. Their records to bash skulls,
& shoot to kill....even innocent bystanders.

F1fan

Veteran Member
I see people angry with their government supporting genocide.
But the government is clearly opposed to genocide. Some folks are interpreting the ongoing financial support for Israel as support for genocide. That isn't true. Israel faces other threats in the region and they need support for defense for the sake of the citizens of Israel. Biden is in a no win situation here. I wish the protesters would support Jews and palestinians and oppose Netayahu and Hamas. That would help. The black/white issue is creating more problems than it's solving, namely anti-Semitism.
That's a greater motive than a mere "opportunity....to feel united".
The unity results from a moral compass that sees US government
perpetrating a great evil. It makes perfect sense that they'ed
be angry, motivated, & committed to opposing it at great personal
risk. This is especially dangerous when schools call the cops, or
even worse...the National Guard. Their records to bash skulls,
& shoot to kill....even innocent bystanders.
I think these young folks are taking advantage of the situation and finding a purpose. Good for them to feel passion, but I think it is opportunistic and being poorly conducted. Where were they over the last few decades as Israel took land and refused to agree to a two-state solution? I wish they could separate Netanyahu and the conservatives who want to eliminate palestinians from Jews and Israel. And see Biden being on their side and the side of Israel as a nation. The protest is creating more problems, especially for Jewish students.

Pogo

But the government is clearly opposed to genocide. Some folks are interpreting the ongoing financial support for Israel as support for genocide. That isn't true. Israel faces other threats in the region and they need support for defense for the sake of the citizens of Israel. Biden is in a no win situation here. I wish the protesters would support Jews and palestinians and oppose Netayahu and Hamas. That would help. The black/white issue is creating more problems than it's solving, namely anti-Semitism.

I think these young folks are taking advantage of the situation and finding a purpose. Good for them to feel passion, but I think it is opportunistic and being poorly conducted. Where were they over the last few decades as Israel took land and refused to agree to a two-state solution? I wish they could separate Netanyahu and the conservatives who want to eliminate palestinians from Jews and Israel. And see Biden being on their side and the side of Israel as a nation. The protest is creating more problems, especially for Jewish students.
Anti Zionist as in objection to Jewish appropriation and various other abuse of Palestinian sovereignty as opposed to Anti Semitic protests have been a long standing though generally small segment of College protests for at least 40 years that I remember. Note these are not anti-semitic, in fact they often include a lot of Jews who are unhappy with the behaviour of the Israeli government.

While the media is doing a terrible job of explaining the difference, you will note that Charles Schumer and Bernie Sanders and others are also not happy with Israel's governments behaviour.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
But the government is clearly opposed to genocide.
Is this so clear?
Biden & some criticize it, but they've taken no
action yet to stop it. All talk, & no walk.
US government supports genocide when it
continues sending money & materiel (missiles,
bombs) to a country using it to perpetrate
genocide.

Some folks are interpreting the ongoing financial support for Israel as support for genocide. That isn't true.
As explained above, a great
many of us disagree with you.
Biden is in a no win situation here.
Biden faces tough choices. Much of his base,
& possibly all of Trump's support everything Israel
does without question. They're in office because
they're supported by most voters, who feel the same.
If Biden goes against them, he'll lose votes to Trump.
Biden is losing the vocal college students, unbelievers,
& Muslims, who are highly motivated to criticize Israel's
war crimes. What to do?
When faced with tough choices of uncertain outcome,
the default should be "do the right thing". Stop the
genocide. Give the surviving Palestinians justice.
I wish the protesters would support Jews and palestinians and oppose Netayahu and Hamas. That would help. The black/white issue is creating more problems than it's solving, namely anti-Semitism.
They don't do what you want because they
see a different picture, ie, their government
is enabling Israel's genocide of Palestinians.
I think these young folks are taking advantage of the situation and finding a purpose.
Ad hominem criticism has no value.
Good for them to feel passion, but I think it is opportunistic and being poorly conducted.
They're out there protesting evil
(even if imperfectly). Are you?
Where were they over the last few decades as Israel took land and refused to agree to a two-state solution?
More ad hominem?
I wish they could separate Netanyahu and the conservatives who want to eliminate palestinians from Jews and Israel. And see Biden being on their side and the side of Israel as a nation. The protest is creating more problems, especially for Jewish students.
Biden is not on their side for reasons stated
above. We can only hope that he might begin
to see political advantage to stopping the genocide.
I'm not holding my breath.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Is this so clear?
Biden & some criticize it, but they've taken no
action yet to stop it. All talk, & no walk.
What do you expect them to do? This is the USA. They have their own government.
US government supports genocide when it
continues sending money & materiel (missiles,
bombs) to a country using it to perpetrate
genocide.
That is YOUR interpretation. As I noted Israel need2r
see a different picture, ie, their government
is enabling Israel's genocide of Palestinians.
That is YOUR interpretation. You are ignoring Israel's need to defend itself from threats.
Ad hominem criticism has no value.
No, just a criticism.
They're out there protesting evil
(even if imperfectly). Are you?
I support Israel and the Valaestinians. I oppose Netanyahu and Hamas.
Biden is not on their side for reasons stated
above. We can only hope that he might begin
to see political advantage to stopping the genocide.
I'm not holding my breath.
Biden will **** off people either way. He knows he needs to help israel defend itself.