• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

U.S. poised to sanction IDF battalion

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
The Times of Israel reports:

The Biden administration is slated to announce sanctions against the IDF’s Netzah Yehuda battalion for alleged human rights abuses against Palestinians in the West Bank, the Axios news site reported on Saturday. It would be the first time the US has ever taken such a step.​
The battalion has been at the center of several controversies in the past connected to right-wing extremism and violence against Palestinians, notably including the 2022 death of Omar As’ad, a 78-year-old Palestinian-American who died after being detained, handcuffed, blindfolded, and later abandoned in near-freezing conditions by soldiers of the battalion.​

See also

and

To be filed under "better late than never."

libre

Skylark
I wonder how deep Blinken's 'List of organizations to hold accountable if we have a PR crisis' file folder goes.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
To be filed under "better late than never."
My quick & apparently feckless approval didn't
spot exactly what these "sanctions" are to be.
So I wonder just what it is that's better than
Biden's history of mild tongue lashings?
Or will it be "better late never than never".